Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
$131.79
11 hrs ago
Shaun of the Dead 4K / Hot Fuzz 4K / The World's End 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Knives Out 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Apocalypse Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Mortal Engines 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.60
2 hrs ago
Abominable 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.96
8 hrs ago
The Mummy Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Planet Earth II and Blue Planet II: The Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.28

Avengers: Endgame 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.96

Midway 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies

Old 11-22-2019, 01:43 PM   #101
Expert Member

Oct 2017

My theory is that the "Rise of Skywalker" refers not to a zombie Luke rising from the grave but to a new order of Force users to replace Jedi.

So Rey is a Skywalker, the first of the Skywalkers.

Though I'm sure by this point there are plot leaks galore out there so I could find out if I was right or not. Undoubtedly we'll find out Rey is descended from someone important. Or, like, she's a Sith Lord clone.

Last edited by guachi; 11-22-2019 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-22-2019, 05:17 PM   #102
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Dry County

I bet she is related to Palpatine.
Old 11-22-2019, 05:22 PM   #103
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2012
US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighthefutureofhd View Post
I bet she is related to Palpatine.

If the test audience leaks are accurate of the latest cut of the film (they've had at least 6 cuts so far), this movie is a big cluster-f and the new trilogy won't be going out on a good note like Terminator Dark Fate.

There's enough in there to put a sour taste in many people's mouths and a double whammy after the prior film.
Old 11-22-2019, 05:26 PM   #104
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoetMB View Post
You're dreaming. Streaming now constitutes 82% of North American music industry revenue. 2019 will come in with sales of about 55 million CDs and vinyl LPs. That's nothing. From 1994 to 1996 and 1998 to 2000 physical album sales were over a BILLION each year. Music is rotten for a lot of reasons and streaming might be one of them, but it doesn't matter because it's over for physical media. That doesn't mean it disappears, but it is a tiny niche.

The DVD/Blu business was $11 billion in North America in 2009. It was $4 billion in 2018.

I'm not a fan of streaming and I don't subscribe to any of the paid streaming services. But my preferences (and yours) have nothing to do with what the market has decided. And the market has decided to give up on physical media. We have a generation of media "buyers" who don't feel the need to own anything. That might be bad, but that's the reality.

What the market has decided is that they want to have physical media. Hence bringing formats back from the dead i.e. cassettes and 8-tracks. They've been saying it's over for physical media for music for 15 years almost. Yet, in front of me is a deluxe package (heavy as thick book of thing) of an old album with five, count them FIVE, CDs and one Blu-ray. That ain't dead. Sorry. Not to mention they're still making portable CD and cassette players. Physical media ain't going nowhere and may someday come back around to be king. It's the way the world works. Things get recycled back into fashion all the time. Nothing's ever dead. It just gets harder to find sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Blue balls, yep.
Well, it is no nut November after all.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:49 PM   #105

Jun 2015
Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmFreakosaurus View Post
If the test audience leaks are accurate of the latest cut of the film (they've had at least 6 cuts so far), this movie is a big cluster-f and the new trilogy won't be going out on a good note like Terminator Dark Fate.
Yeah, you should take anything you hear leaking out of a test screening with a huge grain of salt... Not to mention that the leaks for a film like this are likely made up anyway.

Thanks given by:
azmodeous (11-24-2019), Sean B. (12-01-2019)
Old 11-23-2019, 03:16 AM   #106
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoetMB View Post
You're dreaming. Streaming now constitutes 82% of North American music industry revenue. 2019 will come in with sales of about 55 million CDs and vinyl LPs. That's nothing. From 1994 to 1996 and 1998 to 2000 physical album sales were over a BILLION each year. Music is rotten for a lot of reasons and streaming might be one of them, but it doesn't matter because it's over for physical media. That doesn't mean it disappears, but it is a tiny niche.

The DVD/Blu business was $11 billion in North America in 2009. It was $4 billion in 2018.

I'm not a fan of streaming and I don't subscribe to any of the paid streaming services. But my preferences (and yours) have nothing to do with what the market has decided. And the market has decided to give up on physical media. We have a generation of media "buyers" who don't feel the need to own anything. That might be bad, but that's the reality.
Anyone arguing discs are mainstream today, let alone in 5-10 years, is insane. The thing we're fighting for is a strong niche market. I would guess more and more new stuff will be kept streaming exclusive, but labels and special studio releases will hopefully keep catalog material coming to disc for a while. Though if Studios decide to keep everything exclusive to their services, who knows...
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (11-23-2019), gkolb (11-24-2019), NotASpeckOfCereal (11-23-2019)
Old 11-23-2019, 03:50 AM   #107
Special Member

Sep 2011
Northern CA

I can tell you 100% this test audience rumor with the 3 cuts (JJ/Iger/Lucas) etc are complete fiction. The movie wasn't massively re-filmed and they are still working on it to make the deadlines.
Thanks given by:
Sean B. (12-06-2019)
Old 11-23-2019, 04:53 AM   #108

Jul 2012
Default Do or do not

Instead of struggling to shoehorn everything from the latest batch of Star Wars movies into the canon of Lucasí films, Iíve decided itís more sane to simply separate Disney Star Wars from Lucasí Star Wars. They can subvert all they want but itíll never fit in to the authentic stories of old.
Old 11-23-2019, 04:56 AM   #109
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
north star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighthefutureofhd View Post
What the market has decided is that they want to have physical media. Hence bringing formats back from the dead i.e. cassettes and 8-tracks. They've been saying it's over for physical media for music for 15 years almost. Yet, in front of me is a deluxe package (heavy as thick book of thing) of an old album with five, count them FIVE, CDs and one Blu-ray. That ain't dead. Sorry. Not to mention they're still making portable CD and cassette players. Physical media ain't going nowhere and may someday come back around to be king. It's the way the world works. Things get recycled back into fashion all the time. Nothing's ever dead. It just gets harder to find sometimes.
I've heard Laserdisc is coming back too, sounds like it's even better than blu-ray.
Old 11-23-2019, 05:27 AM   #110
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishChef View Post
Instead of struggling to shoehorn everything from the latest batch of Star Wars movies into the canon of Lucas’ films, I’ve decided it’s more sane to simply separate Disney Star Wars from Lucas’ Star Wars. They can subvert all they want but it’ll never fit in to the authentic stories of old.
By your logic, that means every Spider-Man story not written by Stan Lee is also not authentic.
Thanks given by:
erikottowegner (12-02-2019)
Old 11-23-2019, 06:18 AM   #111
Power Member

Aug 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by phobicsquirrel View Post
You mean fixing that rumored laughable-horrid third act? I'm curious myself on this.
Whatever cut Lucas put together of Rise of Skywalker is the cut that should be released theatrically. If spoilers are accurate, Lucasí ending is the best.
Old 11-24-2019, 10:12 AM   #112

May 2016

No, you do
Old 11-24-2019, 10:45 AM   #113
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

There is no Lucas ending. The movie has leaked, but the YouTube test screening stuff is a bunch of nonsense that isn't true. MSW and JediPaxis have leaked the accurate details of the film. Anything else is a fabrication.
Thanks given by:
Sean B. (12-06-2019)
Old 11-24-2019, 01:14 PM   #114
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2017
Maine, US

Those are all in fact lies as I have the actual movie script but I’m NOT a tool and won’t tell you that Rey was birthed from midichlorians manipulated by Yoda on his deathbed.
Thanks given by:
gkolb (11-24-2019)
Old 11-24-2019, 02:12 PM   #115

Sep 2010

For the life of me I will never understand how anyone could take a YouTuber named *checks notes* 'Doomcock' seriously. The channels modus operandi is to be as negative as possible about everything and that means making up complete nonsense to continue that narrative. I probably follow this stuff a bit closer than most do as I love Star Wars (yes, I do even enjoy the new films) and just a cursory glance at the history of these films, even in the Disney era, shows that public test screenings are something Star Wars has never done. Confirmation bias can make you believe anything, I guess..
Thanks given by:
grodd (11-25-2019), murakaz (11-26-2019), Sean B. (12-06-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Movies