Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Borderlands 3 (PS4)
$69.99

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (PS4)
$44.99
14 hrs ago
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint (PS4)
$19.99

Samurai Shodown (PS4)
$29.99

Jumanji: The Video Game (PS4)
$29.99

Need for Speed Heat (PS4)
$39.88

Dragon Quest Builders 2 (PS4)
$24.99

eFootball PES 2020 (PS4)
$29.99

Code Vein (PS4)
$37.18

Nier (PS4)
$19.99

Mortal Kombat 11 (PS4)
$35.00
13 hrs ago
Shadow of the Tomb Raider (PS4)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 12-04-2019, 09:24 PM   #1
Expert Member

Jan 2011
The windy burbs
Default Sid Meier's Civilization 6

After playing and loving Civilization Revolution on PS3, I was happy when they announced Civilization 6 for PS4. Pre-ordered it and been playing since it came out, and I gotta say it is kicking my butt! So far I haven't even managed a win on Settler (the easiest difficulty)! The game is great to look at but very complex, I'm trying to improve but it's not easy. I wish there was a strategy guide for it, I am reading beginner tips online but this is a game where you really have to know your strategy... I can't believe they released it for Nintendo Switch before PS and XBOX!
Anyway, anyone else playing it here? Perhaps we can share thoughts...
Thanks given by:
Omegaice (12-05-2019)
Old 12-04-2019, 10:15 PM   #2

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibor Lugosi View Post
After playing and loving Civilization Revolution on PS3, I was happy when they announced Civilization 6 for PS4. Pre-ordered it and been playing since it came out, and I gotta say it is kicking my butt! So far I haven't even managed a win on Settler (the easiest difficulty)! The game is great to look at but very complex, I'm trying to improve but it's not easy. I wish there was a strategy guide for it, I am reading beginner tips online but this is a game where you really have to know your strategy... I can't believe they released it for Nintendo Switch before PS and XBOX!
Anyway, anyone else playing it here? Perhaps we can share thoughts...
I got it last week, but I haven't been able to devote much time to it yet. It's my first Civ game, and I started the tutorial. Apparently, there isn't a way to save the tutorial in progress, and I didn't have time to finish it.

I played just enough to think that some kind of printed reference guide might be helpful. I found a manual for the PS4 version online (160 pages) and read through it.

I also found a series of beginner videos for the PC version on YouTube (YT user was quill18) and watched the first of them. A search for "Civilization 6 Tutorial" should pull them up. I believe there were six, and they ran from 25 to 50 minutes each. I'm hoping he gets into the strategy a little bit.
Thanks given by:
Omegaice (12-05-2019), Tibor Lugosi (12-05-2019)
Old 12-04-2019, 11:45 PM   #3
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008
Coronado, Ca.
USA

Long time Civ fan myself, I have played all entries including Civ 6 on PC. Good game that you can dump some serious time into! Glad to see that PS4 finally got it. If y'all are curious about the basics or even more in-depth game play I would recommend watching The Saxy Gamer on YouTube as he has an extensive library on Civ! Enjoy y'all!

The Saxy Gamer You Tube
Thanks given by:
Stuart_H (12-05-2019), Tibor Lugosi (12-05-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4