Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Middle-Earth Six Film Collection (Blu-ray)
£44.99

Marvel Studios Cinematic Universe - Phase 3, Part 2 (Blu-ray)
£45.00
38 min ago
The James Bond Collection (Blu-ray)
£35.18

Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
£29.99

Shadow 4K (Blu-ray)
£14.84

Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
£12.39

Batman: The Motion Picture Anthology 1989-1997 (Blu-ray)
£9.99

Dragon Ball Super: Part 9 (Blu-ray)
£19.98

Poldark: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
£39.70

Robert Langdon 3-Movie Set 4K (Blu-ray)
£20.99

Planet Earth II & Blue Planet II Boxset 4K (Blu-ray)
£21.98

Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
£75.98

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 12-04-2019, 11:53 PM   #1
Power Member

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK
United Kingdom Frankie Drake Mysteries & Shakespeare & Hathaway (Spirit Entertainment)

I wasn't sure whether to start a general discussion thread for UK label Spirit Entertainment, or start a separate thread for two of their Blu-ray releases, Frankie Drake Mysteries and Shakespeare and Hathaway: Private Investigators.

Have got the first season release of Frankie Drake Mysteries (it had bonus features/extras), but have yet to get the second season (it has no bonus features/extras, based on DVD Compare's listing for Spirit Entertainment's release). If the second season has had a DVD or/and Blu-ray release in the States or/and Canada, did it have any bonus features/extras included?

Since the second season of Frankie Drake Mysteries and both the first and second series/seasons of Shakespeare and Hathaway: Private Investigators have been released on Blu-ray, their prices on Amazon UK don't seem to have budged much. I haven't seen the prices go below £19.99.

Last edited by BigNickUK; 12-05-2019 at 08:39 AM.
Old 12-06-2019, 10:47 AM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
Stockholm, but Sussex when back in UK
-
-

Is like Father Brown another TV title they release under the Dazzler Media label. They all tend to stick in price and aren't discounted. Would argue though £20 is probably a fair price for a niche BD of a TV show.

If you want cheaper the iTunes HD copies do get discounted to £5 or £10 per season depending how old the season is.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:54 PM   #3
Power Member

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

I wasn't really saying the prices of the sets are expensive. Just commenting that the prices haven't gone below £19.99 on Amazon UK for example. Not interested in streaming and downloading compared to physical media, unless it's really necessary to use the streaming and downloading option.

I would like to know if there are no extras/bonus features on a physical media release in another country. I do want to get these UK sets, with a third series/season of both shows on the way.
Old 12-07-2019, 06:04 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
-
-

Arenít these U.K. BD exclusives so thereís nothing to compare against.
I would have thought though if they make it to German TV expect a BD there eventually.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:33 PM   #5
Power Member

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcy30 View Post
Arenít these U.K. BD exclusives so thereís nothing to compare against.
I would have thought though if they make it to German TV expect a BD there eventually.
I don't believe they are UK Blu-ray exclusives. The comparison I was asking about before applied to both DVD and Blu-ray releases of both series.
Old Yesterday, 05:22 AM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I don't believe they are UK Blu-ray exclusives. The comparison I was asking about before applied to both DVD and Blu-ray releases of both series.
Which other country has them ?
Thereís nothing on the database here, so please report if you know of other releases internationally.
Old Today, 12:18 AM   #7
Power Member

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcy30 View Post
Which other country has them ?
Thereís nothing on the database here, so please report if you know of other releases internationally.
It's not so much a transfer comparison I'm asking about, but a bonus features/extras comparison. I've kept DVD releases of a TV series when they've had extras which weren't on the Blu-ray release. That was what I wanted to know, if there has been a DVD and Blu-ray release in the States and Canada. I would say it's more likely there has only been a DVD release in the States and Canada of Frankie Drake Mysteries (I don't know if Shakespeare & Hathaway has been shown on TV in the States and Canada).

Murdoch Mysteries gets DVD-only releases in the UK, but it's had Blu-ray releases in the States (after doing some checking, it seems the Blu-ray bundle sets are better value than the separate season sets).

The third season of Frankie Drake Mysteries should start on Alibi in the UK early in the New Year.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland