Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Little Mermaid 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.97
2 hrs ago
Real Genius 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.84
1 day ago
The Films of Doris Wishman: The Twilight Years (Blu-ray)
$32.66
1 day ago
Cruising (Blu-ray)
$15.75
5 hrs ago
True Romance 4K (Blu-ray)
$32.76

The Flight of the Phoenix (Blu-ray)
$20.07
4 hrs ago
Dragon Ball Super: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$169.99

Belle 4K (Blu-ray)
$47.99
1 day ago
Jurassic World: Ultimate Collection 4K Giftset (Blu-ray)
$149.96

Jurassic World: Dominion 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Everything Everywhere All At Once (Blu-ray)
$14.96

True Romance 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum

Old 12-18-2021, 07:15 AM   #1
Banned

Dec 2012
Bay Area, CA
Default Why do you keep deleting my signature?

My signature was not self promoting anything. My last two signatures have not been promoting anything, yet you keep deleting them.

Doesn't matter if you don't have a sense of humor or if I'm on your 'naughty list' for past offenses of self promotion - if the signature is following the rules set forth, stop deleting it. If you have a problem with it, act like a human being and have a conversation.
Old 12-18-2021, 01:41 PM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2015
U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeberg View Post
My signature was not self promoting anything. My last two signatures have not been promoting anything, yet you keep deleting them.

Doesn't matter if you don't have a sense of humor or if I'm on your 'naughty list' for past offenses of self promotion - if the signature is following the rules set forth, stop deleting it. If you have a problem with it, act like a human being and have a conversation.
I had my signature removed once as well, and tried in vain to get anyone to tell me why. I've never used a signature again because I've never received a helpful answer and I don't want to be banned for repeating whatever it was I did wrong the first time. What I did learn is that some are due to an automated removal system, but there's also no log as to the reason why. The times I get frustrated with this site are when there is no accountability, and no opportunity for users to learn and correct whatever rules the management is enforcing. Good luck finding those rules or inquiring about them either.

Marwin (Developer) responded to me in a post, but I don't see an option to quote the post. It reads:
Quote:
I think it's rare that signatures are changed by mods, but we do have automatic anti-spam/advertising type scripts that run and clean out signatures. I'm guessing that's what happened and that there was no actual mod on a power trip. Sorry about that.

Edit: Just thought I'd add that signature changes are indeed not logged in vBulletin as far as I'm aware.
Old 12-18-2021, 02:43 PM   #3
Banned

Dec 2012
Bay Area, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoffman View Post
What I did learn is that some are due to an automated removal system
I can almost guarantee you that it’s the mod named Iceman in this case, who has a weird power trip vendetta against me.
Old 12-18-2021, 02:47 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2015
U.S.

Quote:
I can almost guarantee you that its the mod named Iceman in this case, who has a weird power trip vendetta against me.
Whatever the case may be, I can almost guarantee that you'll never get an answer.
Old 12-18-2021, 04:33 PM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008

If you are unsure why your signature keeps getting deleted, your best bet would be to do as jkoffman and just not have a signature. If it keeps getting deleted they will probably just ban you from the site for repeated rule violations.

And don't do this (don't start a thread asking) because then you will have mods come in here (or users come in here to report your thread) and throw the "discussing moderation is against the rules" in your face and give you an infraction, suspend you, or ban you.

Long story short: just let it go. These things never end well for us normal users.

Last edited by beefytwinkie; 12-18-2021 at 04:38 PM.
Thanks given by:
heavyharmonies (01-14-2022), jkoffman (12-19-2021)
Old 12-18-2021, 08:33 PM   #6
Banned

Dec 2012
Bay Area, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefytwinkie View Post
If you are unsure why your signature keeps getting deleted, your best bet would be to do as jkoffman and just not have a signature. If it keeps getting deleted they will probably just ban you from the site for repeated rule violations.

And don't do this (don't start a thread asking) because then you will have mods come in here (or users come in here to report your thread) and throw the "discussing moderation is against the rules" in your face and give you an infraction, suspend you, or ban you.

Long story short: just let it go. These things never end well for us normal users.
I'm just curious why my stuff keeps being deleted, even when there are no rule violations.

I also wasn't aware there was a rule against discussing moderation. If that's the case, they can go **** themselves.
Old 12-20-2021, 10:08 PM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

Quote:
I'm just curious why my stuff keeps being deleted, even when there are no rule violations.

I also wasn't aware there was a rule against discussing moderation. If that's the case, they can go **** themselves.
The last signature I saw of yours was basically an FU to Iceman. Not sure if you changed it from that signature, if not, what do you expect? You're a guest here....if you call the host of a party a disparaging name, you shouldn't be surprised if they ask you to stop (stop= deleting your signature).
Old 12-20-2021, 10:50 PM   #8
Banned

Dec 2012
Bay Area, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronboster View Post
The last signature I saw of yours was basically an FU to Iceman. Not sure if you changed it from that signature, if not, what do you expect? You're a guest here....if you call the host of a party a disparaging name, you shouldn't be surprised if they ask you to stop (stop= deleting your signature).
No, the last signature I had said, I will not promote my podcast.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum