Soon: I Drink Your Blood ()

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Northman 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
3 hrs ago
Bram Stoker's Dracula 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
7 hrs ago
Raging Bull 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Everything Everywhere All At Once 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Okja 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Better Call Saul: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$31.98
22 hrs ago
The Virgin Suicides 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Double Indemnity 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Elvis 4K (Blu-ray)
$32.11

Devil in a Blue Dress 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Northman (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Shaft 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 01-25-2022, 05:27 PM   #1221

Nov 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipbop13 View Post
If I go to my collection, select DVD's, then click on upgrade to Blu-ray, the only options I get are in one drop-down box. An option to show them based on what I rated them is not available. That would be something decent, though, to have movies I want to upgrade to blu that I rated only 5 or better. Something like that would probably be perfect.
Ha! So my previous answer was based off the mobile app view, which has a "filter by" option when you view your collection. You can view your DVDs only, then filter by User Rating, and get effectively what you are after. However, I do not see the same options in a browser on desktop, which is unfortunate. (desktop has a sort by "rating," which is the site's rank and is not "user rating") So basically, you have it on mobile, but not on desktop.

Another option within current tools is to add a custom category and put the movies in that bucket that you are after here... but that may take more maintenance over time for the use-case you're describing. However, if you noodle on this option you may find a solution to your need.
Thanks given by:
bipbop13 (01-26-2022)
Old 01-26-2022, 03:08 AM   #1222
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2014
Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojrner View Post
Ha! So my previous answer was based off the mobile app view, which has a "filter by" option when you view your collection. You can view your DVDs only, then filter by User Rating, and get effectively what you are after. However, I do not see the same options in a browser on desktop, which is unfortunate. (desktop has a sort by "rating," which is the site's rank and is not "user rating") So basically, you have it on mobile, but not on desktop.

Another option within current tools is to add a custom category and put the movies in that bucket that you are after here... but that may take more maintenance over time for the use-case you're describing. However, if you noodle on this option, you may find a solution to your need.
That's a real bummer that it's a feature only available on mobile. I wonder if the powers that be can be persuaded to add this little feature to desktop as well. I honestly thought that all features were the same, no matter which device & I've never owned a smartphone.
Old 03-28-2022, 03:27 AM   #1223

May 2020

Hi, guys
I'm new here and I've been entering my collection over the past few days. The first day I entered titles, everything updated great.
But after that, the "most frequent cast" (and everything below it ie Most frequent directors/writers etc) has not updated. It's still showing the top spots it did the first day, which I know is inaccurate.
Example, Sigourney Weaver is the top most frequent cast with 4 appearances in my collection. Because I entered the titles alphabetically and I have all the Alien movies.
But she's still in the top spot when I know I have more appearance from other actors in my collection, and those actors don't even appear in the "most frequent cast" category.
Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
(this is under the "stats" section. Forgot to say that.)

** After playing with it some, I noticed that it displays the "most frequent" categories by "all time" "2021" "2020" etc. So it has to do with what date I entered as having watched the movie. Makes sense.
So when I filter by "2021", then Ryan Gosling shows up in three films, which is correct.
But when I filter by "all time", Sigourney Weaver is at the top with four films and Ryan Gosling isn't even on the list. Even though many other actors are with less film appearances.
Any ideas? Or have I just confused everyone? haha

Last edited by Izz t; 03-28-2022 at 04:05 AM.
Thanks given by:
iceman (03-30-2022)
Old 03-28-2022, 06:15 AM   #1224

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz t View Post
Hi, guys
I'm new here and I've been entering my collection over the past few days. The first day I entered titles, everything updated great.
But after that, the "most frequent cast" (and everything below it ie Most frequent directors/writers etc) has not updated. It's still showing the top spots it did the first day, which I know is inaccurate.
Example, Sigourney Weaver is the top most frequent cast with 4 appearances in my collection. Because I entered the titles alphabetically and I have all the Alien movies.
But she's still in the top spot when I know I have more appearance from other actors in my collection, and those actors don't even appear in the "most frequent cast" category.

** After playing with it some, I noticed that it displays the "most frequent" categories by "all time" "2021" "2020" etc. So it has to do with what date I entered as having watched the movie. Makes sense.
So when I filter by "2021", then Ryan Gosling shows up in three films, which is correct.
But when I filter by "all time", Sigourney Weaver is at the top with four films and Ryan Gosling isn't even on the list. Even though many other actors are with less film appearances.
Your collection is set to private. So I can't see it. How many movies are in your collection right now?
Thanks given by:
iceman (03-30-2022), Izz t (03-29-2022)
Old 03-28-2022, 08:02 AM   #1225

Sep 2016
Greatest Country On Earth (RIP 1776-2021)
USA

Would it be possible for the site admins to increase the maximum allowed "Titles per page" site preference on the "My collection" page from the current 500 to something like 1000 or 2000? I'd happily trade any slight performance penalty during page-load for the convenience of not having to switch pages so often.
Old 03-29-2022, 06:00 AM   #1226

May 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDean View Post
Your collection is set to private. So I can't see it. How many movies are in your collection right now?
420 at the moment.
Thanks for looking into.
*I made the collection public.

Last edited by Izz t; 03-29-2022 at 06:07 AM.
Thanks given by:
iceman (03-30-2022), TheDean (03-29-2022)
Old 03-29-2022, 06:49 AM   #1227

Nov 2009

Quote:
420 at the moment.
Thanks for looking into.
*I made the collection public.
Thanks. I've been looking at it and trying to figure it out. I'm stumped. Maybe the cast section only updates once a week. I added a movie to my collection and the cast didn't change. But it did in the Blu-ay stats area https://www.blu-ray.com/community/co...yid=7&roleid=0

I'll ask around some and see if we can figure it out.
Thanks given by:
iceman (03-30-2022), Izz t (03-30-2022)
Old 03-30-2022, 01:39 PM   #1228
Developer

May 2003

Quote:
Hi, guys

Thank you for reporting! This was a caching bug that should be fixed
Thanks given by:
Izz t (03-30-2022), TheDean (03-30-2022)
Old 03-30-2022, 03:14 PM   #1229

May 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDean View Post
Thanks. I've been looking at it and trying to figure it out. I'm stumped. Maybe the cast section only updates once a week. I added a movie to my collection and the cast didn't change. But it did in the Blu-ay stats area https://www.blu-ray.com/community/co...yid=7&roleid=0

I'll ask around some and see if we can figure it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman View Post
Thank you for reporting! This was a caching bug that should be fixed
Thanks a million, guys! I appreciate the help very much.
Old 04-19-2022, 01:14 PM   #1230
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2009
Virginia

Not sure if I'm in the right place but is it possible to add Movie Zyng to the 'Retailer' dropdown menu when adding movies to your collection? TIA.
Thanks given by:
jkoffman (04-20-2022)
Old 04-20-2022, 01:11 AM   #1231

Sep 2018
Ottawa, Canada

Or heck, how about the ability to add custom retailer names to that list?
Old 04-20-2022, 01:20 PM   #1232

Nov 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegressiveScan View Post
Or heck, how about the ability to add custom retailer names to that list?
lol, that's how you get 157 versions of Zavvi. (Zaaaavi, zavi, Zahzi, etc.)
Thanks given by:
jkoffman (04-20-2022), Torgon (04-20-2022)
Old 04-21-2022, 03:25 AM   #1233

Sep 2018
Ottawa, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojrner View Post
lol, that's how you get 157 versions of Zavvi. (Zaaaavi, zavi, Zahzi, etc.)
I meant: the custom additions to the list would be visible only to the person that added them.
Old 04-21-2022, 02:16 PM   #1234

Nov 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegressiveScan View Post
I meant: the custom additions to the list would be visible only to the person that added them.
Sure, it's still an issue where you need to store all those dupes that are slightly different from each other. On the back-end, it's heavy and annoying, and storage becomes a concern as everyone has a slightly different take on things simply because they couldn't find it in the existing list. (Witness eBay on the current list: Not near the top where you would expect, but towards the bottom because it is a lower-case e, resulting in most people creating their own version thinking it wasn't there...)

All of that is speculation on my part: Yes, I am cynical here. I have been a developer elsewhere, so my assumptions on how things are structured may be incorrect. I am not wrong on how people process and use things like this though, nor on how annoying it is to build for that processing. ;-)
Old 04-30-2022, 12:16 AM   #1235

Aug 2020
Houston

I simply add the individual titles, makes life simple.
Old 04-30-2022, 08:10 AM   #1236

Nov 2009
Default Simplified "add to collection" Digital Collections (Digital, MA, iTunes, Prime)

Add Default categories to their Digital Collections (Digital, MA, iTunes, Prime) for any retailer they use, for example

in addition to the Default categories
For trade
Loaned
Ordered
Owned
Rented
Want to buy
Want to sell
Wishlist

add

Movies Anywhere
iTunes
Amazon
Vudu
Google Play/You Tube
Microsoft
MovieSpree

Then when in any digital database when we click "Add to collection" the box looks something like this

With Owned selected, these new categores appear as checkboxes. Where you can check as many as you want. For this example. The Dark Knight is an MA title, so I would check iTunes, Amazon, Vudu, Google, Microsoft, and MA.

"Go to Overview" takes you to your overview page where you can see all you categories. https://www.blu-ray.com/community/co...ction=overview

Right now my overview looks like this

Owned (566 SKUs)
iTunes (1 SKUs)
Movies Anywhere (1 SKUs)
YouTube/Google Play (848 SKUs)
Vudu Only (453 SKUs)
Amazon (1 SKUs)
MovieSpree (1 SKUs)
Drafthouse/Vimeo (2 SKUs)

Say I have only The Dark Knight (an MA title), Transformers (at iTunes) and Battlefield Earth (at MovieSpree) in my collection, it would look like this

Owned (3 SKUs)
iTunes (2 SKUs)
Movies Anywhere (1 SKUs)
YouTube/Google Play (1 SKUs)
Vudu (1 SKUs)
Amazon (1 SKUs)
MovieSpree (1 SKUs)
Drafthouse/Vimeo (0 SKUs)

Owned is the actual number of movies you own. While the others keep track of how many you add to them.

It would be extremely nice if when you checked iTunes, Amazon, or Movies Anywhere. It also added those titles to you collection in the corresponding database. But thats seems like it would be more complicated.
Old 05-03-2022, 11:53 PM   #1237

Dec 2016
Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Send a message via ICQ to bernardosardinha

Weird thing:
Why this item doesn't show up under the "Complete Collection" list, as any other title?
Is the only one i noticed not showing next to the movie title.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Trans...lu-ray/106239/
Old 05-12-2022, 08:13 PM   #1238
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2010

Is there any way to make subsections of your collection public while keeping other parts hidden?

For example, I have lots of custom wishlist categories in my Blu-ray collection. When I make the collection public, is there a way to share only the categories of titles I physically own (i.e. Blu-ray Modern) while keeping the wishlisted categories (Wishlist Kino, Wishlist Paramount, Wishlist Warner Archive, etc.) hidden?

Thanks
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum

Tags
collection, collection count, collection price worth, list, movie, print, printable