Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Jaws 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96
22 hrs ago
One Cut of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$14.99
7 hrs ago
Neo Ultra Q (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 hr ago
Parasite 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96
22 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Deer Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
17 hrs ago
The Invisible Man 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.96

The Color of Pomegranates (Blu-ray)
$18.99
10 hrs ago
Ghost Ship (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Trick 'r Treat (Blu-ray)
$25.58
5 hrs ago
Spaced Invaders (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind (Blu-ray)
$21.49

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X

Old 05-22-2020, 12:45 AM   #601
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRD43L View Post
The 8k stuff is just fluff. Not interested in it at all.

There is only one thing I can say for sure. XSX > X1X.
I didnít think much of it at the time but now I think MSís loading side by side comparison video was basically them slamming their own system. It was like watching a video showing you just how crap your Xbox One X is.

Imagine Sony doing that with PS4.
Old 05-22-2020, 02:50 AM   #602

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
I didnít think much of it at the time but now I think MSís loading side by side comparison video was basically them slamming their own system. It was like watching a video showing you just how crap your Xbox One X is.

Well, didn't they?

https://twitter.com/6d6f636869/statu...45990627631105
Old 05-22-2020, 04:31 AM   #603
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyadol View Post
lol

Not yet from their marketing department.
Thanks given by:
heyadol (05-22-2020)
Old 05-22-2020, 01:12 PM   #604
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

Quote:
lol

Not yet from their marketing department.
That video is the same difference, just released differently.
Thanks given by:
jayturner514 (05-22-2020)
Old 05-22-2020, 01:46 PM   #605
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:

Nope, completely disagree tbh.

We have to move on from the current gen, it's been 7 bloody years almost and tech has moved on too a lot. Their decision to keep it prolonged with no Series X exclusives from 1st party studios is what baffled me tbh.

The faster loading and whatnot though is pure incentive imo to upgrade and see tangible benefits. I think people have been going through some crappy loading times for a while now since the PS3 gen and fully installing games the entire PS4 gen didn't much improve it. We finally seem to have got to a stage where it's better. That's a huge selling point of these new systems. Hell, not like graphics can be the sole marketing tool much more.
Old 05-22-2020, 04:54 PM   #606
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post

We have to move on from the current gen, it's been 7 bloody years almost and tech has moved on too a lot. Their decision to keep it prolonged with no Series X exclusives from 1st party studios is what baffled me tbh.

The faster loading and whatnot though is pure incentive imo to upgrade and see tangible benefits. I think people have been going through some crappy loading times for a while now since the PS3 gen and fully installing games the entire PS4 gen didn't much improve it. We finally seem to have got to a stage where it's better. That's a huge selling point of these new systems. Hell, not like graphics can be the sole marketing tool much more.
Yeah MS is anxious to get the hell away from current gen as quickly as possible. They completely took a "mulligan" this generation and have been building solely for next gen.

I'm going to go out on a limb right now and say Xbox is going to make a big comeback next gen. I don't think they will outsell PS5 because they simply do not have the global acceptance that PlayStation does. However I fully expect them to take back the US in market share. The race next gen will be much closer than it was this gen.
Old 05-22-2020, 05:59 PM   #607
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Yeah MS is anxious to get the hell away from current gen as quickly as possible. They completely took a "mulligan" this generation and have been building solely for next gen.

I'm going to go out on a limb right now and say Xbox is going to make a big comeback next gen. I don't think they will outsell PS5 because they simply do not have the global acceptance that PlayStation does. However I fully expect them to take back the US in market share. The race next gen will be much closer than it was this gen.
With Backwards Compatibility being a thing again and people more tied into the ecosystems with PS+ etc.

I do wonder how much cross transition we'd see for just single console owners mainly but i think MS know that expanding into PC and so on as a service is where they're gonna see growth.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:09 PM   #608
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
With Backwards Compatibility being a thing again and people more tied into the ecosystems with PS+ etc.

I do wonder how much cross transition we'd see for just single console owners mainly but i think MS know that expanding into PC and so on as a service is where they're gonna see growth.
Yeah I do think more gamers will be less prone to "jump ship" to the other platform due to digital libraries and being engrained in specific platform ecosystems. However you have to remember too, with each new console generation also comes a new generation of gamers. MS and Sony have to try and win them over just like they won our generation over.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:29 PM   #609
Special Member

Jan 2013

Quote:

As long as they both have a "consumer first" mentality and have amazing games, there will be no losers.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:24 PM   #610
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:

That’s fine.

I look at the System they used. It’s not even 3 years old. Maybe I would of looked at the video under a different light had it been the Xbox One.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:50 PM   #611
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Thatís fine.

I look at the System they used. Itís not even 3 years old. Maybe I would of looked at the video under a different light had it been the Xbox One.
True but loading times are almost nigh on identical between One X and base.

I think we should have a mid life cycle boost with more powerful models but that's just my opinion and i know others aren't on board with it but hey ho, if it starts somewhere, art least it becomes a thing.
Old 05-23-2020, 10:47 AM   #612
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007
Oxford

Quote:
True but loading times are almost nigh on identical between One X and base.

I think we should have a mid life cycle boost with more powerful models but that's just my opinion and i know others aren't on board with it but hey ho, if it starts somewhere, art least it becomes a thing.
I'm absolutely certain THAT is why the PS5 is less powerful than the X2, Sony want to hedge their bets with the vaguest of possibilities of a mid-gen refresh looks like happening. By the time the full power of the PS5 is maxed out, we are going to be seriously far down the road of games development...
Old 05-23-2020, 11:31 AM   #613
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildWhelk View Post
I'm absolutely certain THAT is why the PS5 is less powerful than the X2, Sony want to hedge their bets with the vaguest of possibilities of a mid-gen refresh looks like happening. By the time the full power of the PS5 is maxed out, we are going to be seriously far down the road of games development...
Here's my $0.02 on it.

MS can absorb a far bigger hit per console than Sony since it's not their biggest department and Sony relies on Playstation for a huge chunk of income, whereas MS see the Xbox brand as a way to expand more of their services and so on. So if it came down to that, it would hurt Sony in a pricing "war".

2nd, i think MS know they had to make a strong hook with the fact they aren't going to have a 1st party exclusive for 2 years post-release and extra power helps those 3rd party titles and 1st look a little more pretty.

Sony probably figured if they could slant the "experience" side vis haptic feedback on the DualSense and faster loading instead, down the line, they could release a more powerful console if need be. Mark it as "8k" even i guess just as MS may.

Say what we will, but rumour has it that the next 3000 series from Nvidia is a BEAST. We haven't seen what AMD has as a response either and yet even if Pro consoles come along, i think it's not till 2023 at minimum.
Old 05-23-2020, 11:47 AM   #614
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Here's my $0.02 on it.

MS can absorb a far bigger hit per console than Sony since it's not their biggest department and Sony relies on Playstation for a huge chunk of income, whereas MS see the Xbox brand as a way to expand more of their services and so on. So if it came down to that, it would hurt Sony in a pricing "war".

2nd, i think MS know they had to make a strong hook with the fact they aren't going to have a 1st party exclusive for 2 years post-release and extra power helps those 3rd party titles and 1st look a little more pretty.

Sony probably figured if they could slant the "experience" side vis haptic feedback on the DualSense and faster loading instead, down the line, they could release a more powerful console if need be. Mark it as "8k" even i guess just as MS may.

Say what we will, but rumour has it that the next 3000 series from Nvidia is a BEAST. We haven't seen what AMD has as a response either and yet even if Pro consoles come along, i think it's not till 2023 at minimum.
Narmak, which "advantage" do you think will be the most immediately noticeable and impact ful to gamers, the spec advantage with XSX or the SSD/IO advantage with PS5?
Old 05-23-2020, 11:58 AM   #615
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Narmak, which "advantage" do you think will be the most immediately noticeable and impact ful to gamers, the spec advantage with XSX or the SSD/IO advantage with PS5?
Off the bat, i'd say loading. It's by far the easiest thing to notice because it requires practically no optimisation to benefit from whereas graphics require a touch more finesse but extra headroom means they could probably push it further on Series X than PS5.

That said, i think its interesting we have two different approaches because we'll have a much better opportunity to finally see how a "traditional" x86 set up works against a more custom x86 as Sony seem to have developed. Also the difference between the NVMe speeds and their ability to influence optimisations for titles 3rd party or 1st party.

Both consoles will do well if priced right i think. I just give PS5 as edge due to sales momentum and perception from current gen.
Old 05-25-2020, 03:16 PM   #616
Expert Member

Sep 2018
You don't need to know where I live...

We probably won't know how the entire ensemble (CPU/GPU/SSD etc.) will perform in general until several 3rd party games have been out for couple of months. It's like trying to buy a car based solely on HP, torque, fuel mileage, etc. when it is the marriage of the entire package as a system that's more important.

Sony's Pro (performance make-up) sort of makes sense but surely MS will also has a similar plan. MS had the console performance edge since the X1X so Sony really has to be bold to jump ahead of MS's momentum.

As X1X has proven (rather not proven) on current gen that having the performance edge is only that; if the performance does NOT come at good price, the edge is lost on attracting general consumers.

New console MUST have highest performance, lowest price out of the game, and a simple message. MS seems to have good understanding of this now.
Old 05-25-2020, 03:33 PM   #617
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

The key differences between XSX and PS5 is the architecture of the systems I/O. The PS5 has a drastically faster throughput that is built in from the ground up that the Xbox cant compete with.

The Xbox has more horsepower so to say but theres a bigger bottleneck to contend with.

It could have 600hp but how much of that hp can it put down on the tarmac?

I can only guess that it will only mean slower load times but by slower load times it could be a case if milliseconds or there could be more pop up when rendering distant objects.

Its impossible to know until they are both out and games are compared under a microscope.

But how many people are going to notice it with the naked eye? A blind test of 3rd party games would be interesting.
Old 05-25-2020, 05:33 PM   #618
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
The key differences between XSX and PS5 is the architecture of the systems I/O. The PS5 has a drastically faster throughput that is built in from the ground up that the Xbox cant compete with.

The Xbox has more horsepower so to say but theres a bigger bottleneck to contend with.

It could have 600hp but how much of that hp can it put down on the tarmac?

I can only guess that it will only mean slower load times but by slower load times it could be a case if milliseconds or there could be more pop up when rendering distant objects.

Its impossible to know until they are both out and games are compared under a microscope.

But how many people are going to notice it with the naked eye? A blind test of 3rd party games would be interesting.
I very well could be wrong and I will freely admit it if I am. However I truly believe when it's all said and done, the spec sheet differences between PS5 and X1X will be largely be a wash. Both consoles have advantages/disadvantages and once developers learn how to exploit both console's strengths the end results will identical. From what I'm understanding, the performance gap between the PS4 Pro and X1X is much greater than the gap between PS5/XSX and in most cases, I have to squint to see the differences between Pro and X1X.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:01 PM   #619
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRD43L View Post
We probably won't know how the entire ensemble (CPU/GPU/SSD etc.) will perform in general until several 3rd party games have been out for couple of months. It's like trying to buy a car based solely on HP, torque, fuel mileage, etc. when it is the marriage of the entire package as a system that's more important.

Sony's Pro (performance make-up) sort of makes sense but surely MS will also has a similar plan. MS had the console performance edge since the X1X so Sony really has to be bold to jump ahead of MS's momentum.

As X1X has proven (rather not proven) on current gen that having the performance edge is only that; if the performance does NOT come at good price, the edge is lost on attracting general consumers.

New console MUST have highest performance, lowest price out of the game, and a simple message. MS seems to have good understanding of this now.
I mean, i'd say buying a console is a little less high stakes than a car

Right now, it is still speculation but i think it's a bit early to also say MS have a good grip on pricing and whatnot given they went balls to the wall with spec for Series X. If that wasn't the case, then they would have pared back a little imo. They may be willing to bite a chunk on their RRP i guess. Time will tell but i thought the MS strategy was flawed with no Series X exclusives for 2 years. I stand by that and we'll see how that happens to play out too.
Old Yesterday, 03:43 AM   #620
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

Quote:
I mean, i'd say buying a console is a little less high stakes than a car

Right now, it is still speculation but i think it's a bit early to also say MS have a good grip on pricing and whatnot given they went balls to the wall with spec for Series X. If that wasn't the case, then they would have pared back a little imo. They may be willing to bite a chunk on their RRP i guess. Time will tell but i thought the MS strategy was flawed with no Series X exclusives for 2 years. I stand by that and we'll see how that happens to play out too.
I don't remember if it's more than a couple of games or not, but there's at least 2 or 3 of those games that were announced during their 3rd party event that will be Series X exclusives. I know The Medium is for sure, so while their 1st party titles will indeed be cross-gen, they'll at least have a handful that are exclusive to the Series X. Whether they are just timed exclusives or not remains to be seen of course.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X