Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Jaws 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96
23 hrs ago
One Cut of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$14.99
8 hrs ago
Neo Ultra Q (Blu-ray)
$14.99
2 hrs ago
Parasite 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96
23 hrs ago
21 Bridges (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Deer Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
18 hrs ago
The Invisible Man 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.96

Ghost Ship (Blu-ray)
$24.96

The Color of Pomegranates (Blu-ray)
$18.99
11 hrs ago
Trick 'r Treat (Blu-ray)
$25.58
6 hrs ago
Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind (Blu-ray)
$21.49

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 05-23-2020, 01:48 AM   #9161
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Ranger View Post

Well, I took a two hour nap, woke up at 9:08pm.
My throat feels funny and I have a slight cough.
Don't spin.

The mind can screw with your immune system as well.
It's also allergy season and it could *VERY* easily be that as well.

Do everything you can not to spin out of control. Get as much sleep as you can. Take some Vitamin C (and D, if you have it).

My 90 year old grandmother and mom went to the doctor 2 days before he called out with symptoms. And, as you would expect, he was right up next to my grandmother while he was checking her out.

They're both fine and you will be as well.
Old 05-23-2020, 02:38 AM   #9162
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2012
California

Well, we are about to hit the 100,000 mark with deaths in the US. With people refusing to do what they are told, I can only imagine how much higher the death toll will be in a few more months.

I guess the positive that will come out of this is some sort of population control.
Old 05-23-2020, 02:40 AM   #9163
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeTogo84 View Post
Well, we are about to hit the 100,000 mark with deaths in the US. With people refusing to do what they are told, I can only imagine how much higher the death toll will be in a few more months.

I guess the positive that will come out of this is some sort of population control.
This is why our world is messed up with climate change and viruses spreading so rapidly. We're just too overpopulated.
Thanks given by:
mar3o (05-23-2020), Monterey Jack (05-23-2020)
Old 05-23-2020, 03:09 AM   #9164
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2012
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan1203 View Post
No one saw this coming.
Not a lot of people know this.
Old 05-23-2020, 04:02 AM   #9165
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
Another random story from NYC:

Just got off a zoom call with a good friend/co-worker. She's been quarantined, like the rest of us, with her husband in the city. She went to get the antibody test and it came back positive. She was sick in the middle of March and thought that might have been it. However, her husbands test came back negative.

There's no way in Hell that two people who live alone in a small NYC apartment could not give it to each other.
It's weird because I was so sick back in late Feb/early March, chills and sweats, but my girlfriend didn't get sick at all. Nothing. I have no idea if I actually had it, but it's odd how I was so sick and my girlfriend who I see on weekends was fine.
Old 05-23-2020, 04:17 AM   #9166
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Calgary, Alberta

Quote:
Another random story from NYC:

Just got off a zoom call with a good friend/co-worker. She's been quarantined, like the rest of us, with her husband in the city. She went to get the antibody test and it came back positive. She was sick in the middle of March and thought that might have been it. However, her husbands test came back negative.

There's no way in Hell that two people who live alone in a small NYC apartment could not give it to each other.
Well that's like our Prime Minister. His wife had it....how the hell did he not get it???
Old 05-23-2020, 04:22 AM   #9167
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Calgary, Alberta

Hmmmm....

When execs dump stock...buy ya, vaccine is coming. Fo sho.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/22/inves...les/index.html
Old 05-23-2020, 04:32 AM   #9168
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Calgary, Alberta

Shit. Hope Cremildo is ok...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/south-...ntre-1.5581269
Old 05-23-2020, 05:33 AM   #9169
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondosinatra View Post
So much for that warm weather killing it, eh?
Thanks given by:
Pondosinatra (05-23-2020)
Old 05-23-2020, 07:33 AM   #9170
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondosinatra View Post
Geez, China really made a mess in the world. But no worries, all is forgiven!
Old 05-23-2020, 07:35 AM   #9171
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010

Quote:
So much for that warm weather killing it, eh?
Well it could be one of the reasons why the number of cases are going down here in NY.
Old 05-23-2020, 07:46 AM   #9172
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHT View Post
Well it could be one of the reasons why the number of cases are going down here in NY.
You kinda missed the point...
Old 05-23-2020, 01:06 PM   #9173
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Quote:
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — With all 50 states reopening in some fashion ahead of Memorial Day, confusion surrounds our ever-evolving situation, and the key question remains: What does our “new normal” look like? In one of his first TV appearances since taking a broadcast hiatus, the nation’s top infectious diseases expert, Dr. Anthony Fauci, joins CBS 42’s Art Franklin and Dr. Michael Saag of Nexstar’s “Coronavirus House Calls” to answer that question, among others.

“We’re not going to eradicate this virus. It is so transmissible that it’s going to be around for a while. Can we eliminate it? Likely, if we do it correctly and we get a vaccine,” Fauci said in an interview on Nexstar’s “Coronavirus House Calls.” “The new normal will likely be for at least a cycle or more through seasons…”

Fauci has described the COVID-19 pandemic as a “worst nightmare” scenario, but he’s not without hope. “The real determining factor to put this into the history books, will be if we get a safe and highly effective vaccine,” he added.

A coronavirus vaccine is already showing promise in early clinical trials, but its distribution is, at best, months away. And for people sick with the virus, emerging treatments like Remdesivir are encouraging. “[Remdesivir is going to] be distributed hopefully as equitably as possible, based on the burden of disease and hospitalizations throughout the country,” Fauci said in the CBS 42 interview.

In examining the nation’s response to the virus, Fauci is focused on the future. “You can always find something that you could’ve done better, because we’re just not perfect. But we’ve got to do what we can with what we have,” he explained.

As it relates to getting out of the house on Memorial Day weekend, Fauci says to do so with caution. “If you look at the successful control — be they in other countries or even in our own country — the importance of the simple things that we keep talking about: washing hands frequently, wearing a mask and keeping a physical distance, there are so many things that you can still do and enjoy while you’re doing that,” said Fauci. “That transcends all the guidelines. Just keep hold of that and I think we’ll be fine.”

Fauci’s television appearances have been somewhat limited in the last few weeks as President Trump has pushed for the reopening of states across the U.S. Despite his lack of TV time, Fauci told CNN on Thursday night that he’s still an active part of the coronavirus task force. He noted the task force has been shifting its priorities to reopening the economy, “but that’s not to the diminution of the scientific issues.”

Here is Dr. Fauci’s complete quote when discussion control, elimination and eradication:

“When you’re thinking about viruses, there is control, there is elimination and there is eradication. Control means you have a virus in the community but you’re controlling it at a low enough level that it isn’t a public health issue. Elimination is… there is still virus on the planet, but you have eliminated it from where you are. For example, we eliminated polio from the United States… we’ve eliminated small pox [from the United States] and we’ve eliminated measles [from the United States]… except when people don’t get vaccinated. Very few viruses have been eradicated. The big one is small pox that we’ve eradicated… We’re not going to eradicate this virus. It is so transmissible that it’s going to be around for a while. Can we eliminate it? Likely if we do it correctly and we get a vaccine. Will we control it? We already, in certain regions, cities and states in this country, are doing that. The new normal will likely be, for at least a cycle or more through seasons, that we will have to have special precautions for things that we likely should have been doing anyway —washing hands as often as possible, being careful in crowds, wearing a mask if in fact you have a density of infection in your particular physical location where you are. I think this is going to get better and better. The real determining factor, to put this into the history books, will be if we get a safe and highly effective vaccine. If we do that, we can render this virus somewhere between eradication and elimination. I don’t think we’re going to eradicate it for the reasons I mentioned, but I certainly think we can eliminate it from certain regions of the world and certainly control it better.”

— DR. ANTHONY FAUCI
Source - KRQE.com
Old 05-23-2020, 01:22 PM   #9174
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3o View Post
It's weird because I was so sick back in late Feb/early March, chills and sweats, but my girlfriend didn't get sick at all. Nothing. I have no idea if I actually had it, but it's odd how I was so sick and my girlfriend who I see on weekends was fine.
Can everyone stop thinking that every time theyíre sick it must be corona? A litany of other things that can still make someone sick as itís always been. Itís common for someone to not get sick in the presence on someone else to happens to be sick. If that wasnít the case, people with kids For example would be taking several months worth of sick days each year.
Old 05-23-2020, 01:48 PM   #9175
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2016
Quixote's Coop at Bucketheadland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeTogo84 View Post

And if the first death was in early February then we're about 15 weeks into this. Only 37 more weeks to go for a full year.
Old 05-23-2020, 03:12 PM   #9176
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Well, they're both viruses so, no, they're not "different types of illnesses."
first virus is a type of none-living organism, some cause illnesses in some living organisms and some are even helpful in other organisms. The bodies of people are full of viruses that help us remain alive.

second virus is the equivalent of saying lifeform, yes there will be some similarities which is why they are all classified the same but there are also tons of differences which is why they are sub-classified differently. A chicken and a tomato plant are both lifeforms because a chicken will lay eggs that may become new chickens and a tomato plant will make tomato seeds that can become new tomato plants, but that is about it as far as similarities go.
Old 05-23-2020, 03:17 PM   #9177
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman1980 View Post
Reminds of how my sister was supposed to quarantine for 14 days when she got back from her recent flight. She didn't do it. So she's one of those who agree with everything our governor says when it's convenient.
isn't that everyone and isn't that the main issue (plus politicians that don't know what they are doing and need to "please people")?
Thanks given by:
Batman1980 (05-23-2020)
Old 05-23-2020, 03:22 PM   #9178
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

I'm one of those who think we need to re-open the less dangerous parts of society in stages...now. I do think some of the measures currently being taken need to remain until/if there's a vaccine.

Disclaimer, I don't think I will ever come completely come around on masks, especially because the people who wear them (I'm guessing) generally don't use them properly and aren't social distancing. Social distancing is at least as important as masks and people just don't do it because "muh rights".
Thanks given by:
mikeinvegas7 (05-23-2020)
Old 05-23-2020, 03:37 PM   #9179
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007
Montreal, Canada

gross

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ients-n1213561

Quote:
A hair stylist in Springfield, Missouri, exposed as many as 91 people to coronavirus after working at a salon for eight days while symptomatic, health officials said Friday.
Old 05-23-2020, 03:38 PM   #9180
Expert Member

Oct 2017
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

I got a slight cold the past couple of days. I thought I was practicing safe hygiene and distancing, but it goes to show how difficult it is to be completely safe if you have to work.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat