Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Batman: 80th Anniversary 18-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$73.79
9 hrs ago
Sailor Moon Sailor Stars: Season 5, Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$59.84

Millennium Actress (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Dragon Ball Super: Part 9 (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Star Blazers 2202: Space Battleship Yamato  Part Two (Blu-ray)
$45.69

Goblin Slayer: Season One (Blu-ray)
$64.99

My Hero Academia: Season Three Part Two (Blu-ray)
$41.25

Goblin Slayer: Season One (Blu-ray)
$42.99

Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Tales (Blu-ray)
$28.49

Spirited Away (Blu-ray)
$34.99

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU: S1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Fruits Basket: Season One, Part One (Blu-ray)
$64.62

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 09-20-2019, 02:02 AM   #1241

Aug 2017

I was just looking through Discotek Media's Ebay account and it seemed like they don't have anything on there. When can we expect to see their stuff get restocked again? I'd like to grab the Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie blu-ray from them (they're the only place that have it for a reasonable price). I've been buying their stuff on Ebay lately and really enjoyed their overall releases so far.
Old 09-20-2019, 02:26 AM   #1242
Special Member

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Plissken View Post
I was just looking through Discotek Media's Ebay account and it seemed like they don't have anything on there. When can we expect to see their stuff get restocked again? I'd like to grab the Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie blu-ray from them (they're the only place that have it for a reasonable price). I've been buying their stuff on Ebay lately and really enjoyed their overall releases so far.
The distribution system issue with Warner is still ongoing, so titles are/might be available, but physical stock is not moving normally to the resellers, including Discotek's own outlets.
Old 09-20-2019, 02:29 AM   #1243
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2012
Funkytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas View Post
So when is the best time to buy discotek titles on sale? I'm looking at cyborg 009 ,reborn set 1 and 2 and various lupin titles.
While they're not as awesome as they used to be, back in the aughts when anime was goddamned huge, I still keep an eye on their weekly sales and buy from TRSI when a company I want comes up in the rotation.
Old 09-20-2019, 02:45 AM   #1244
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2013

Quote:
So when is the best time to buy discotek titles on sale? I'm looking at cyborg 009 ,reborn set 1 and 2 and various lupin titles.
I bought Cyborg 009 on Discotek's eBay. I didn't think it would go any lower than $39.99 through a sale, so I bought it as soon as I could.

I need to buy both Reborn sets too now that you mention it.
Old 09-20-2019, 03:19 AM   #1245
Special Member

Jul 2013
Philadelphia, PA

I'd bet rightstuf will have a bunch in the daily deals during the holidays. They had good deals in the daily deals during their birthday sale.
Thanks given by:
zenpai (09-20-2019)
Old 09-20-2019, 05:19 AM   #1246
Blu-ray Guru

May 2015

Quote:
Last year Barnes and Noble had a sale where all DVDs and Blu-rays were 50% off then they had a coupon you could stack with that, and it was the cheapest Funimation and Discotek titles during the time deals started on Black Friday. (it was only one day or over a weekend IIRC so you had to be quick) Will they have it again this year? Who knows they do tend to repeat the same deals though.
Old 09-20-2019, 01:45 PM   #1247

Jul 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Plissken View Post
I think they just closed shop. They had a ton of their blu rays and dvd's available and it just all disappeared from one day to the next. I hope they bring it back. I much prefer paying them directly than using third party sellers on Amazon who are taking advantage of the low stock of some of their releases.
Old 09-20-2019, 04:18 PM   #1248
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo1313 View Post
I'd bet rightstuf will have a bunch in the daily deals during the holidays. They had good deals in the daily deals during their birthday sale.
The Rightstuf holiday sales never fail to snag me in for a purchase or two.
Thanks given by:
Bobo1313 (Yesterday)
Old 09-20-2019, 08:29 PM   #1249

Jul 2016

So for those who care about the ebay store, turns out it's not closed, it's just that they're away for a while and will reopen sometime soon (I forget the exact date but I got an auto reply when sending them a message).
Old 09-21-2019, 06:21 AM   #1250

Aug 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori View Post
So for those who care about the ebay store, turns out it's not closed, it's just that they're away for a while and will reopen sometime soon (I forget the exact date but I got an auto reply when sending them a message).
Oh, that's good to hear. I love Discotek Media. I hope they reopen soon.
Old 09-21-2019, 12:48 PM   #1251

Aug 2011

The reasoning is probably because of japanfest atlanta
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Tags
discotek, discotek media