Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Boris Karloff / Bela Lugosi Collection (Blu-ray)
$51.40
15 hrs ago
Mission: Impossible - Fallout (Blu-ray)
$13.00

Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.16
7 hrs ago
Good Time (Blu-ray)
$7.99
54 min ago
War and Peace (Blu-ray)
$34.22
16 hrs ago
Record of Lodoss War OVA + Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$42.99

Black Swan (Blu-ray)
$4.99

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Blu-ray)
$26.96

Ghosts of Mars (Blu-ray)
$8.99
4 hrs ago
Hedwig and the Angry Inch (Blu-ray)
$30.37

The World's End / Hot Fuzz / Shaun of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$13.18
7 hrs ago
Mary Poppins Returns (Blu-ray)
$24.99
10 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old Yesterday, 09:43 PM   #185541

Mar 2016
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jackson View Post
How many people here have watched Berlin Alexanderplatz more than once?

...how many have watched it more than twice?
At least three times completely start to finish, with several incomplete and false start viewings.

I really love it and canít stop once Iím in it.
Thanks given by:
Ray Jackson (Yesterday)
Old Today, 12:13 AM   #185542
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2015
Synecdoche, New York

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gacivory View Post
How many people have finished it?
Remember that classic show, Wings, from the 90s? One night they're bored out of their minds and Joe asks Brian and Alex what they were doing for the evening, and told them that he was desperate. They said they were going to watch Berlin Alexanderplatz. Joe immediately responded, "not that desperate".

Not that I would let that deter me from watching it, I can imagine it's probably very good, but that scene from Wings has always stuck with me.
Thanks given by:
bonehica (Today), dressedtokill (Today), Gacivory (Today), trentdiesel (Today)
Old Today, 12:17 AM   #185543
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2016
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by javy View Post
Remember that classic show, Wings, from the 90s? One night they're bored out of their minds and Joe asks Brian and Alex what they were doing for the evening, and told them that he was desperate. They said they were going to watch Berlin Alexanderplatz. Joe immediately responded, "not that desperate".

Not that I would let that deter me from watching it, I can imagine it's probably very good, but that scene from Wings has always stuck with me.
My dad and I used to watch Wings! Thatís a fun reference!
Thanks given by:
bonehica (Today), javy (Today)
Old Today, 12:30 AM   #185544
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2015
Synecdoche, New York

Quote:
My dad and I used to watch Wings! That’s a fun reference!
Yeah, Wings is great. I wish Paramount or somebody would remaster the episodes and release a set loaded with extras and what not.

On Fassbinder, I've not seen anything by him. According to the very talented auteur, Yorgos Lanthimos, Fear Eats the Soul is the place to start. This he said when he was in the Criterion closet that one time. Admittedly, I have watched that one particular episode many times. Lanthimos is just fascinating to listen to.

Last edited by javy; Today at 12:41 AM.
Thanks given by:
Gacivory (Today)
Old Today, 12:46 AM   #185545

Mar 2013
North By Northwest Wisconsin

Quote:

I watched it once, then read the novel, and now am anxious to revisit the film. You owe it to yourself to read the book at some point. It’s amazing. As is the flick.
Old Today, 12:55 AM   #185546
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2016
California

Quote:
Yeah, Wings is great. I wish Paramount or somebody would remaster the episodes and release a set loaded with extras and what not.

On Fassbinder, I've not seen anything by him. According to the very talented auteur, Yorgos Lanthimos, Fear Eats the Soul is the place to start. This he said when he was in the Criterion closet that one time. Admittedly, I have watched that one particular episode many times. Lanthimos is just fascinating to listen to.
Iíve seen about 10 of his! Thatís a pretty good one! My first one was Marriage of Maria Braun, and I really liked that one! I just need to finish up his filmography! Iím gonna give Berlin a try again, hoping this time I can finish it!
Thanks given by:
javy (Today)
Old Today, 01:07 AM   #185547
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009

Quote:

5 times here full (and watched the Epilogue more). Huge Fassbinder fan though.
Old Today, 02:34 AM   #185548

Sep 2015
Texas

I watched Berlin Alexanderplatz for the first time last year. It was astoundingly good, especially the epilogue. I'll probably watch it again sometime soon.
Thanks given by:
SpiderBaby (Today)
Old Today, 02:56 AM   #185549
Blu-ray Count

Apr 2013
The dark underbelly of Anytown, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderBaby View Post
5 times here full (and watched the Epilogue more). Huge Fassbinder fan though.
You are...a god.

[Show spoiler]
Thanks given by:
SpiderBaby (Today)
Old Today, 04:01 AM   #185550
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009

Quote:
You are...a god.

[Show spoiler]
lol, all you have to do is look at it like you're binging 1 season of a show. It's literally the same length. I love it.

So anyone that goes back and re-watches a favorite show of theirs, that's the way I see it. I see how something this long can be a task to start for some, so just put yourself in that mindset could help.

I'm going to end up watching it again soon, since I got the new blu-ray sitting here.
Old Today, 05:34 AM   #185551
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Jul 2013
Michigan

Quote:
Iíve seen about 10 of his! Thatís a pretty good one! My first one was Marriage of Maria Braun, and I really liked that one! I just need to finish up his filmography! Iím gonna give Berlin a try again, hoping this time I can finish it!
The Marriage of Maria Braun is freakin' brilliant. I'm trying to think of how many I've seen, and since I just recently woke up I'm having trouble doing so.

I think it's about 4 or 5? But that's if we count "World on a Wire" and I have not actually seen the whole thing. To be honest, it's pathetic. I've owned it forever and yet haven't seen the whole thing. I'm just sad.
Thanks given by:
Gacivory (Today)
Old Today, 06:34 AM   #185552
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
Mexico

Has anybody seen Carlos Reygadas latest film Our Time?

Was not expecting to like it so much, not sure why there was not much buzz about it, although I know some people will hate it, I found it maintained a good pace for a 3 hour film, the cinematography was beautiful and the way the main theme is exposed and made me reflex on it reminded me of Bergman, I wonder if this will also end up eventually in the collection.

Was surprised to see that Japon made it into the collection as I was not a fan of it or his subsequent works (have not seen Post Tenebras Lux yet as I kind of had given up on him, now I think I need to see it)

Edit: Now I see that apparently all his films will be released at some point (although at the time of the article this film I am talking about was not yet finished)

Last edited by pedromvu; Today at 07:08 AM.
Old Today, 10:58 AM   #185553

Sep 2013

Quote:

I remember it very well, love that show, I could watch Joe and Brian anytime. I have the DVDs but I've been praying for a blu release. Awesome show
Old Today, 02:08 PM   #185554
Power Member

Jan 2015
Flower Mound, TX

TCM is doing a run on David Lean films: Great Expectations, Brief Encounter, Doctor Zhivago, The Bridge on the River Kwai. Now I can watch both his Dickens classics together. Iíve been waiting for Great Expectstions to show.
Old Today, 02:39 PM   #185555

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

Any fans of Paul Schrader's Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters?

I watched it for the first time last night. I'm not sure if I'll watch it again but I found it to be a well-crafted biopic. I particularly enjoyed the dramatizations of Mishima's works in order to illustrate his obsessions with beauty, body, and nationalism.
Old Today, 03:02 PM   #185556
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
Brazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromvu View Post

Edit: Now I see that apparently all his films will be released at some point
If true, I'm eagerly anticipating Criterion's release of Silent Light. My R2 DVD just doesn't do it justice.
Old Today, 03:12 PM   #185557
Blu-ray Guru

May 2013
Eastern CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentdiesel View Post
I remember it very well, love that show, I could watch Joe and Brian anytime. I have the DVDs but I've been praying for a blu release. Awesome show
One of the things I liked about Wings was their use of guest stars. Unlike a lot of shows that fell back on guest stars when the writers ran out of ideas, Wings incorporated the guest stars into the show's silliness. My favorite Wings guest star was the great William Hickey as Carlton Blanchard. Hickey had a long career and is probably best known as Don Prizzi from Prizzi's Honor, but his list of credits also included roles in Mikey and Nicky and Wise Blood.

And, oh, yeah, Tony Shalhoub and Thomas Haden Church. Good stuff.
Old Today, 03:31 PM   #185558

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by belcherman View Post
One of the things I liked about Wings was their use of guest stars. Unlike a lot of shows that fell back on guest stars when the writers ran out of ideas, Wings incorporated the guest stars into the show's silliness. My favorite Wings guest star was the great William Hickey as Carlton Blanchard. Hickey had a long career and is probably best known as Don Prizzi from Prizzi's Honor, but his list of credits also included roles in Mikey and Nicky and Wise Blood.

And, oh, yeah, Tony Shalhoub and Thomas Haden Church. Good stuff.
My favorite is Valerie Mahaffey as Sandy Cooper, I love those episodes where she makes Joe look crazy and full of himself and nobody believes him. So good
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors