Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$99.96
15 hrs ago
Ant-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.46
 
Passengers 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Ghosts of the Abyss 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.55
18 hrs ago
Prometheus 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.77
9 hrs ago
Skyscraper 3D (Blu-ray)
$31.99
 
Sangaree 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
 
Brave 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.70
11 hrs ago
The Great Gatsby 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99
23 hrs ago
Priest 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.49
 
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$21.44
 
R.I.P.D. 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.82
13 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2018, 08:07 PM   #501
Robert Furmanek Robert Furmanek is online now
Power Member
 
Robert Furmanek's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Default

Very good points, Mr. Ballew!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bavanut (06-06-2018), revgen (06-06-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 12:26 PM   #502
pixote pixote is offline
Active Member
 
Nov 2017
Default

Quick question. Does anyone know why KINO has discounted this title so quickly after release? Is it not selling well, or did they just happen to release The Maze shortly before their sale? I can understand 10 or 20% off, but this is a significant discount.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:22 PM   #503
GenPion GenPion is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
GenPion's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
735
3
167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixote View Post
Quick question. Does anyone know why KINO has discounted this title so quickly after release? Is it not selling well, or did they just happen to release The Maze shortly before their sale? I can understand 10 or 20% off, but this is a significant discount.
No idea but you might as well get it on sale rather than pay full price.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 05:04 PM   #504
revgen revgen is offline
Special Member
 
revgen's Avatar
 
Oct 2013
Southern California, USA
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixote View Post
Quick question. Does anyone know why KINO has discounted this title so quickly after release? Is it not selling well, or did they just happen to release The Maze shortly before their sale? I can understand 10 or 20% off, but this is a significant discount.
The discount price is part of a sale on Kino Lorber's website. They can cut the price that low since they are the publisher. No middle-man. Amazon is still selling it for just under 23 dollars.
LG OLED 65" E6 (Passive 3-D glasses)
Optoma HD37 DLP Projector (RF Active 3-D Glasses)/Carada 92inch Cinema White Screen
Oppo UDP-203
Oppo BDP-93
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:51 PM   #505
grazina31 grazina31 is offline
Active Member
 
grazina31's Avatar
 
Nov 2014
1538
1
Default

It is a shame they don't deliver to the UK. They have 5 titles I want at an amazing price.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 10:28 PM   #506
BossTweed BossTweed is offline
Active Member
 
Jun 2011
276
103
1
Default

41459301_10213291654432600_8309346689244725248_n.jpg I have found an old local movie ad of The Maze in 3D from The Johnson City Press.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bavanut (09-11-2018), Paul H (09-12-2018), revgen (09-11-2018)
Old 09-13-2018, 05:11 PM   #507
Ky-Fi Ky-Fi is online now
Active Member
 
Feb 2016
Cape Ann, MA USA
Default

I watched this again the other night.

One thing this movie needed though, IMO. Both Universal and Hammer films almost always added some establishing shots of the setting, even if it was just a matte painting. I think with a film that's set in an ancient castle in the Scottish highlands, just a few shots like that would have added to the feel of the movie.

A minor gripe, though. The 3D looks amazing throughout, and it'a a really fun, atmospheric horror/mystery with a very good cast. I really enjoy this one.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Mister Showman (09-13-2018)
Old 09-13-2018, 07:21 PM   #508
tob tob is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Feb 2012
co.cork ireland
821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky-Fi View Post
I watched this again the other night.

One thing this movie needed though, IMO. Both Universal and Hammer films almost always added some establishing shots of the setting, even if it was just a matte painting. I think with a film that's set in an ancient castle in the Scottish highlands, just a few shots like that would have added to the feel of the movie.

A minor gripe, though. The 3D looks amazing throughout, and it'a a really fun, atmospheric horror/mystery with a very good cast. I really enjoy this one.
Good atmospheric film but the
[Show spoiler]ending
lets the film down for me its a shame because its good up to then.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 01:53 AM   #509
Ky-Fi Ky-Fi is online now
Active Member
 
Feb 2016
Cape Ann, MA USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tob View Post
Good atmospheric film but the
[Show spoiler]ending
lets the film down for me its a shame because its good up to then.
I was okay with the ending, and I was kind of expecting it to go in the direction that it did--
[Show spoiler]although I might have preferred a more sinister aspect to the creature, to keep a bit more of a horror vibe.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 12:58 AM   #510
glennstl glennstl is online now
Expert Member
 
Nov 2009
St. Louis, MO.
103
52
Default

I just picked this up tonight. Looking forward to watching it in glorious 3D. I heard a lot of good things about it from The Creature From the Black Lagoon Legacy collection thread of all places

Thanks Mr. Furmanek for working on this title. I just started it and I can tell already I am going to love the movie and especially the 3D!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
GKintz (09-17-2018), revgen (09-17-2018), Robert Furmanek (09-16-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 12:16 AM   #511
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
124
Default

I was watching The Maze 3D again the other week and the first words in the film are "Robert-robert!" which reminded me of the sound
[Show spoiler]a frog makes, "Ribbet-ribbet!".
Was that intentional by the screen writer or filmmakers, I'm not sure, but it's potentially interesting symbolism in the film. Once again, the strong 3D and framing are excellent along with the quality of the restoration.
List of Strong 3D Movies on Blu Ray 3D / Most PSVR PS4 games with strong stereo 3D
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Interdimensional (09-17-2018), kurosawa (09-17-2018), Robert Furmanek (09-17-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 02:14 AM   #512
Interdimensional Interdimensional is offline
Special Member
 
Interdimensional's Avatar
 
Nov 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky-Fi View Post
I watched this again the other night.

One thing this movie needed though, IMO. Both Universal and Hammer films almost always added some establishing shots of the setting, even if it was just a matte painting. I think with a film that's set in an ancient castle in the Scottish highlands, just a few shots like that would have added to the feel of the movie.

A minor gripe, though. The 3D looks amazing throughout, and it'a a really fun, atmospheric horror/mystery with a very good cast. I really enjoy this one.
I know the feeling, but I felt the model shot was just about sufficient to get the idea across. I know I've seen one or two Hammer films where I felt they suffered from a lack of establishing shots, where a good matte painting would've helped tremendously.

And actually I just love those kind of shots. They can bring so much atmosphere and scope to a movie. Seems to be relatively rare to vintage 3-D though.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Ky-Fi (09-17-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 02:20 AM   #513
Interdimensional Interdimensional is offline
Special Member
 
Interdimensional's Avatar
 
Nov 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
I was watching The Maze 3D again the other week and the first words in the film are "Robert-robert!" which reminded me of the sound
[Show spoiler]a frog makes, "Ribbet-ribbet!".
Was that intentional by the screen writer or filmmakers, I'm not sure, but it's potentially interesting symbolism in the film. Once again, the strong 3D and framing are excellent along with the quality of the restoration.
I thought the same the first time I rewatched it. I'm inclined to believe it was deliberate. When you have an ending like that, any kind of foreshadowing that can be worked in is worth doing.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (09-17-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 04:03 AM   #514
Robert Furmanek Robert Furmanek is online now
Power Member
 
Robert Furmanek's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Default

Listen carefully to the music cue the first time she sees the footprint in the maze.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (09-17-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 03:23 PM   #515
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interdimensional View Post
I thought the same the first time I rewatched it. I'm inclined to believe it was deliberate. When you have an ending like that, any kind of foreshadowing that can be worked in is worth doing.
Thanks Interdimensional. I never picked up on it the first time, but when rewatching it, the meaning seems more obvious, which is neat to discover watching it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Furmanek View Post
Listen carefully to the music cue the first time she sees the footprint in the maze.
Cool, I'll listen next chance I get. Thanks.
List of Strong 3D Movies on Blu Ray 3D / Most PSVR PS4 games with strong stereo 3D
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Tags
restored 3d, stereo sound recreation.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:45 AM.