Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (Switch)
$39.88

Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 + 2 (Switch)
$29.99

Little Dragons Cafe (Switch)
$39.99
14 hrs ago
Legendary Fishing (Switch)
$19.99

Valkyria Chronicles 4 (Switch)
$51.62

Monster Energy Supercross (Switch)
$19.99

South Park The Fractured But Whole (Switch)
$27.60
4 hrs ago
Dead Cells (Switch)
$29.99

Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero Ultimate Edition (Switch)
$29.99

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire (Switch)
$49.99

All-Star Fruit Racing (Switch)
$29.99
14 hrs ago
Banner Saga Trilogy (Switch)
$45.99
21 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 01-10-2018, 12:35 PM   #6601
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011

Does anybody else who has had a Switch for a while find they have long periods of time between turning it on? I've been really selective in what I've been buying for this system (and am trying to do so across everything I play games on) and so far only own Zelda, Mario and Blaster Master Zero. I find that I play the hell out of the games when I buy them but once I finish a game the system sits until I find something else I really want. This isn't a negative mind you since I have no pile of shame on it (which is very relieving) but it's been pretty easy for me to have this much control on this system for some reason. Maybe it's the lack of flash sales and what I call the "Steam mentality" where I'd buy so many games on the cheap but never get around to them.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:54 PM   #6602
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Does anybody else who has had a Switch for a while find they have long periods of time between turning it on? I've been really selective in what I've been buying for this system (and am trying to do so across everything I play games on) and so far only own Zelda, Mario and Blaster Master Zero. I find that I play the hell out of the games when I buy them but once I finish a game the system sits until I find something else I really want. This isn't a negative mind you since I have no pile of shame on it (which is very relieving) but it's been pretty easy for me to have this much control on this system for some reason. Maybe it's the lack of flash sales and what I call the "Steam mentality" where I'd buy so many games on the cheap but never get around to them.
If you’re looking for a good Switch game to pour several hours into, get The End is Neigh. It’s hard, and you’ll die a bunch of times, but because it’s hard you’ll be spending a lot of time trying to beat it.

Watch some gameplay on YouTube first to make sure it’s a game you’ll like. It’s not for everyone. But I like it.

It’s "pick up and play" style works well with the portability of the Switch. If you just want to play for a few minutes whilst on the train or something...
Old 01-10-2018, 12:56 PM   #6603
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Not yet. We just got it at Christmas with Mario Odyssey, Zelda, Splatoon 2, Fast RMX, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Arms. Right now there's plenty to play on it and I'm really enjoying Zelda. My son is all about MK8 Deluxe, Splatoon, and Arms. Neither of us have even touched Odyssey yet. I'd say we're good for at least a couple of more months. After that I might pick up Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Plus, hopefully by then we'll have the next Nintendo Direct and they will lay out their road map for the first half of 2018. I'm REALLY hoping Nintendo addresses virtual arcade soon!
Old 01-10-2018, 01:24 PM   #6604
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Not yet. We just got it at Christmas with Mario Odyssey, Zelda, Splatoon 2, Fast RMX, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Arms. Right now there's plenty to play on it and I'm really enjoying Zelda. My son is all about MK8 Deluxe, Splatoon, and Arms. Neither of us have even touched Odyssey yet. I'd say we're good for at least a couple of more months. After that I might pick up Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Plus, hopefully by then we'll have the next Nintendo Direct and they will lay out their road map for the first half of 2018. I'm REALLY hoping Nintendo addresses virtual arcade soon!
I completely forgot that I bought Chronicles 2. Maybe I'll start it up when I finish off Witcher 3. Yeah your situation is nice because you got all of those at once. During Christmas at my grandmas all the great grandchildren were huddled around a Switch playing Arms. It was a good thing to see younger people genuinely excited about Nintendo again.

Agreed about Virtual Console. When that comes out I'll no longer have self control
Old 01-10-2018, 02:56 PM   #6605
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2012
Denmark

Quote:
You have to agree though that thereís a much greater degree of movement and fine control with a pedal setup as opposed to a trigger and thatís the point Iím making.
Something I was never arguing against. It doesnít have to be all or nothing though. You canít simply dismiss the analogue trigger because ďget a steering wheelĒ.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:58 PM   #6606
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2012
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post

Itís "pick up and play" style works well with the portability of the Switch.
Its.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:13 PM   #6607
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiera View Post
Its.
Thatís auto correct on iOS.
It changed the word on me and I didnít notice.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:31 PM   #6608
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-

Mine has sat off for 1-2 months at least twice now as I expected. I only own Zelda, MK8 and Odyssey. But when I got those I played the hell out of them.

Iíve got some eShop titles I want to try but will wait for some sales.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:48 PM   #6609
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

There's been a rumor going around of a January 11th direct, though Nintendo still hasn't said anything. I hope it's true as Nintendo really does need to lay out their roadmap for 2018. We all know about Kirby and Yoshi, along with Bayonetta 1&2 re mastered plus Bayonetta 3. However SURELY there's more to come.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:02 PM   #6610
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011

I think they normally give more than 1 day notice on the ones that aren't centered on one game.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:04 PM   #6611
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Hah, Nintendo is just trolling us now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoA...44137352396800
Old 01-10-2018, 07:25 PM   #6612
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
Mine has sat off for 1-2 months at least twice now as I expected.
If I did that, Iíd feel like I wasted money. Thatís why I try to play both Switch and PS4 at least 1 hour per day (so 2 hours total gameplay per day).
Old 01-10-2018, 09:04 PM   #6613
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
Hah, Nintendo is just trolling us now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoA...44137352396800
Pardon me for being slow but, I don't get the reference.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:27 PM   #6614
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Salt Lake City
Send a message via AIM to RaijinUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Pardon me for being slow but, I don't get the reference.
There are all sort of theories right now but the biggest one is the flame = Fire. And that in to the New FE in their last tweet pic and people are taking it as that Nintendo is hinting that a new Fire Emblem is being shown at the new direct that will take place in the next couple of days.

That or Nintendo is just pointing out that everyone is flaming over the lack of the new Direct news; which was leaked to be tomorrow.

But mostly they are just trolling at this point and keeping the Nintendo Direct in trending sections of social media.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:05 AM   #6615
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011

Looks like GameStop put out a Tweet a little too early.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...etes_the_tweet
Old 01-11-2018, 12:39 AM   #6616
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaijinUT View Post
There are all sort of theories right now but the biggest one is the flame = Fire. And that in to the New FE in their last tweet pic and people are taking it as that Nintendo is hinting that a new Fire Emblem is being shown at the new direct that will take place in the next couple of days.

That or Nintendo is just pointing out that everyone is flaming over the lack of the new Direct news; which was leaked to be tomorrow.

But mostly they are just trolling at this point and keeping the Nintendo Direct in trending sections of social media.
I hope FE isnt it. Sorry but that series just does not twirl my beanie.

Last edited by Steelmaker; 01-11-2018 at 12:45 AM.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:29 AM   #6617
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Switch heavily in the Rainway trailer, despite not being listed as a supported platform in the "coming soon" section of the video.

Old 01-11-2018, 01:45 AM   #6618
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012

Quote:
Switch heavily in the Rainway trailer, despite not being listed as a supported platform in the "coming soon" section of the video.

First Look at Rainway - YouTube

[Show spoiler]
No way that ever officially* releases on any storefront. Way too much to lose for platform holders.

"Should I play my Steam copy of Sonic Mania for free with Rainway on Switch?"
OR SHOULD I BUY A COPY FROM THE NINTENDO E-SHOP FOR $19.99 SO NINTENDO GETS THEIR CUT?

"Should I play my Steam copy of PUBG for free with Rainway on XBONE?"
OR SHOULD I BUY A COPY FROM MICROSOFT FOR $29.99 SO MICROSOFT GETS THEIR CUT?

*it may get "released" through a browser exploit/hack, but certainly not an officially sanctioned release.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:07 AM   #6619
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-

Quote:
If I did that, I’d feel like I wasted money. That’s why I try to play both Switch and PS4 at least 1 hour per day (so 2 hours total gameplay per day).
I've already gotten almost 300 hours put into it, so definitely no sense of that like with the Wii U. And its only been 10 months or so.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:15 AM   #6620
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinys Memory View Post
No way that ever officially* releases on any storefront. Way too much to lose for platform holders.

"Should I play my Steam copy of Sonic Mania for free with Rainway on Switch?"
OR SHOULD I BUY A COPY FROM THE NINTENDO E-SHOP FOR $19.99 SO NINTENDO GETS THEIR CUT?

"Should I play my Steam copy of PUBG for free with Rainway on XBONE?"
OR SHOULD I BUY A COPY FROM MICROSOFT FOR $29.99 SO MICROSOFT GETS THEIR CUT?

*it may get "released" through a browser exploit/hack, but certainly not an officially sanctioned release.
Iím guessing you didnít notice the X-Box logo?
Theyíre onboard with it.
PlayStation isnít though (no logo)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Tags
nintendo, switchô