Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (Switch)
$39.88

Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 + 2 (Switch)
$29.99

Snk Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy (Switch)
$36.06
3 hrs ago
Legendary Fishing (Switch)
$19.99

South Park The Fractured But Whole (Switch)
$26.56
7 hrs ago
Little Dragons Cafe (Switch)
$39.99

Hello Neighbor (Switch)
$29.49

Valkyria Chronicles 4 (Switch)
$50.95

Dead Cells (Switch)
$29.99

Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero Ultimate Edition (Switch)
$29.99

Harvest Moon (Switch)
$29.90

Banner Saga Trilogy (Switch)
$44.79

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 02-20-2018, 03:39 PM   #6841
Power Member

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
FYI - the Switch pro controller is discounted to $50 on both Amazon and Best Buy.
I been buying too many Switch accessories, 3 pro controllers, extra gray joy cons, neon joy cons, pink and green joy cons yellow joy cons, carrying case, screen protector and an extra dock (Got it on sale for $60).

Should I wait for a possible physical release of Yooka Laylee or buy the digital copy? It’s hard to decide. Also the $40 price is a bit too much compared to the price drop on the physical copies for XB1 and PS4 versions.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:53 PM   #6842
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donl1282 View Post
Should I wait for a possible physical release of Yooka Laylee or buy the digital copy? Itís hard to decide. Also the $40 price is a bit too much compared to the price drop on the physical copies for XB1 and PS4 versions.
Iím going to wait for physical.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:58 PM   #6843
Power Member

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donl1282 View Post
Should I wait for a possible physical release of Yooka Laylee or buy the digital copy? Itís hard to decide. Also the $40 price is a bit too much compared to the price drop on the physical copies for XB1 and PS4 versions.
Wait for physical given that.

You can save 20% if you preorder with Amazon Prime or have Best Buy GCU and can sell it off if you don't like it (seems like it's a very hit or miss games--mediocre reviews critically and users seem to love it or hate it).

Physical version is also semi-likely to get retailer sales/price drops reasonably quickly as well given the way prices dropped on other platforms so you can save even more if you wait a bit.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:19 AM   #6844
Expert Member

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
Iím going to wait for physical.
I'm waiting for physical as well.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:00 PM   #6845
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010

is there something like this for the switch?

Old 02-21-2018, 01:31 PM   #6846
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011

Preordered Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom. This will be my 4th retail release (and 5th title overall). I wish I played my Switch more but it just sits there between major releases.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:42 PM   #6847
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
is there something like this for the switch?

Yes.

Old 02-21-2018, 02:44 PM   #6848
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Preordered Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom. This will be my 4th retail release (and 5th title overall). I wish I played my Switch more but it just sits there between major releases.
Is it that you donít like any of the other games, or just no time to play due to work and family?
Old 02-21-2018, 03:02 PM   #6849
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011

Quote:
Is it that you donít like any of the other games, or just no time to play due to work and family?
It's a number of factors. I try to keep my indie game buying to the PC (except for the two Monster World games which I wanted physical) so that takes a lot of what the Switch offers from the table. I also don't want to get into a pile of shame situation going forward (on all systems) and the Switch is the most recent system I had a chance to really put my foot down from the start. I was pretty dedicated with the Wii U so that takes a couple more major re-releases off the table. My PS4 sits pretty idle as well. There just hasn't been a lot lately that I've felt I've needed to play (for all the systems).

If they get a proper VC I'll throw my money at them as most of my time has been spent playing older games lately. When I boot up the X I'm usually playing something back-compat.
Old 02-21-2018, 03:48 PM   #6850
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-

I havenít played mine since December. Nothing that I want on it right now or at the current price for the smaller games.

Iíve been busy with FF on the PS4/PS3 lately and now Iím on Fall of Cybertron.

Iíll be back to the Switch for Hyrule Warriors.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:24 PM   #6851
Power Member

Jun 2010

I don’t use mine a ton either, but that’s the norm for me with Nintendo consoles from the Wii on (I was a Nintendo fanboy from NES-N64 and also played GameCube a ton). I still like their big games, but their B-tier exclusives don’t do much for me and I’ll get indies and multiplatform AAA games on PC or PS4 where performance and graphics are better since I don’t care about portability. That’s part of the decline in interest for me as well—once I got into PC gaming and the Xbox/Playstation platforms I started to care more about graphics and performance, to prefer realistic art styles over cartoonish ones etc.

Anyway, I did get Celeste there on impulse and finished it the other day—should have skipped it as I was pretty meh on it as I said above, or bought it on PC as I’d have liked it better with the Xbox Elite controller d-pad. I’ll probably get back to Dragon Quest Builder (wish I hadn’t impulse bought digitally—should have just gotten the PS4 version physically for cheap), but Monster Hunter World is mostly eating up my gaming time lately.

I don’t know what the next Switch game I buy will be. Literally nothing officially announced interests me at all besides Metroid Prime 4 and that’s probably a long way out. To be fair, they haven’t revealed their second half of 2018 exclusives yet—but I figure that will be stuff like Pokemon and Smash Bros that I don’t really care about.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:06 PM   #6852
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul1114 View Post
I donít know what the next Switch game I buy will be. Literally nothing officially announced interests me at all besides Metroid Prime 4 and thatís probably a long way out. To be fair, they havenít revealed their second half of 2018 exclusives yetóbut I figure that will be stuff like Pokemon and Smash Bros that I donít really care about.
Same exact situation for me. I'm sure that will change come e3 but for now Prime is all I'm looking forward to (other than Monster Boy).
Old 02-21-2018, 05:48 PM   #6853
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
I havenít played mine since December. Nothing that I want on it right now or at the current price for the smaller games.

Iíve been busy with FF on the PS4/PS3 lately and now Iím on Fall of Cybertron.

Iíll be back to the Switch for Hyrule Warriors.
Have you played Dragon Quest Builders on the PS4? If not, Iíd recommend getting it for Switch. Itís a fun game, and that portability factor makes the Switch version the better option.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:26 PM   #6854
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Haven't played mine in a while, still haven't finished Zelda or Mario Rebbids or even Mario Kart Only one I finished was Mario Odyssey.

But to be fair I haven't played much of anything lately. I played a bit of Forza 7 and PUBG on Xbox and I've been playing Kingdom Come on PS4.

I think the next game I buy for Switch will most likely be Pokemon. Can't think of any other game that's announced right now that I'll be getting for it.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:16 PM   #6855
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010

I haven't touched mine since Mario. but yesterday I applied a glass protector and added a 200gb sd card, and now I'm looking for a game to play on the system

Quote:
Yes.

[Show spoiler]

I obviously meant a mount for the switch, not the controller
Thanks given by:
Diesel (02-22-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 10:23 PM   #6856
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
I obviously meant a mount for the switch, not the controller
If you bothered to check YouTube for reviews of the item I showed you, youíd see people putting their Switch in it.

Scroll a little past the 3-minute mark.
Thanks given by:
Talal86 (02-21-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 10:56 PM   #6857
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010

this one is made by a 3d printer. the design has potential

Old 02-22-2018, 01:50 AM   #6858
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-

Quote:
Have you played Dragon Quest Builders on the PS4? If not, I’d recommend getting it for Switch. It’s a fun game, and that portability factor makes the Switch version the better option.
I have not; the portability aspect of the Switch holds zero weight for me since I have still only played portable twice since I got the system a year ago. Maybe three times, I forget the exact times.

I won't be picking up any new games for anything until I finish my last two Final Fantasy games and Fall of Cybertron PS4. I don't like to have a large backlog. Then there is being crazy busy at work and working on my MCU marathon for Avengers: Infinity War.

But like others I will be throwing my money at Nintendo if they start releasing their classic games like they have been doing with NeoGeo games. Outside of SNES Classic games that I have on there. I'm still hoping and praying for Wind Waker/Twilight Princess HD to hit the eShop at some point in the not too distant future.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:08 AM   #6859
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
I'm still hoping and praying for Wind Waker/Twilight Princess HD to hit the eShop at some point in the not too distant future.
I'd rather have an HD port of either Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask. But if they bring over The Wind Waker HD, I hope they put back the Tingle Tuner. I was annoyed it was replaced with the crappy Tingle Bottle, and since MiiVerse is dead now, the Bottle is no longer functional anyway.

I thought Twilight Princess was boring. I forced myself to finish it on the Wii just so I could say I completed it, but I didn't care for it much. It's only slightly better than Skyward Sword, but both games were very repetitive and annoying.

Ranking all the 3D Zelda games, they would be:

Breath of the Wild
Ocarina of Time
The Wind Waker
Majora's Mask
Twilight Princess
Skyward Sword
Old 02-22-2018, 03:04 AM   #6860
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-

I would prefer a 20th anniversary surprise reveal of Ocarina of Time full on remake

But that won't happen.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Tags
nintendo, switchô