Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Prestige 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
15 hrs ago
Rubber (Blu-ray)
$6.99
5 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

My Hero Academia: Season Four: Part Two (Blu-ray)
$33.99

Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Monster Hunter (Blu-ray)
$19.96
14 hrs ago
Ultraman Leo: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$42.99
11 hrs ago
Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

Wonder Woman 1984 (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Lovecraft Country: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$26.28
5 hrs ago
NFL Super Bowl LV Champions: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Blu-ray)
$24.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Comics

Old 07-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #1
Banned

Feb 2012
OH
Default FIGHT CLUB 2 - Written by Chuck Palahniuk (new graphic novel series)

I gotta say this sounds really awesome and interesting. Never though a sequel was necessary or possible but it sure as hell sounds very interesting:

http://www.thewrap.com/media/article...el-form-105186

"
Chuck Palahniuk is planning to follow-up his 1996 "Fight Club" book -- and it will arrive as at least one graphic novel, likely more. The original book, of course, was adapted into a movie in 1999, directed by David Fincher and starring Brad Pitt and Edward Norton.

Palahniuk's original announcement fell somewhat under the radar during the craziness that was Comic-Con. He mentioned it during the "Ode to Nerds" panel with fellow writers D.C. Pierson, Patrick Rothfuss, Cory Doctorow, Austin Grossman and Robyn Schneider, according to ChickPalahniuk.net.

Now he has confirmed the coming comic in an email on his site:

"About the graphic novel, it's true. Chelsea Cain has been introducing me to artists and creators from Marvel, DC and Dark Horse, and they're walking me through the process. It will likely be a series of books that update the story 10 years after the seeming end of Tyler Durden. Nowadays, Tyler is telling the story, lurking inside Jack, and ready to launch a comeback. Jack is oblivious. Marla is bored. Their marriage has run aground on the rocky coastline of middle-aged suburban boredom. It's only when their little boy disappears, kidnapped by Tyler, that Jack is dragged back into the world of Mayhem."

It will, he said, "be dark and messy."

But don't hold your breath. Due to contract obligations, Palahniuk said he wouldn't be able to start "for a while. Next year is 'Beautiful You,' followed by the story collection. But since the 'Fight Club' sequel will appear serialized in graphic form, my book publisher might allow me to launch it earlier than 2015."
Old 08-16-2013, 02:51 AM   #2

Jan 2013
Past them treeeeeeeeees.

I'll be getting this but I feel like it might be a good idea to wait for the trade. I don't know if this is fair or not but I feel like a lot of projects with "celebrity" writers tend to have lots of delays. I hope they wait to solicit it until it's totally in the can as I prefer monthlies for the most part. In any case, I'm definitely interested.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Deep inside your fever-dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterpunk View Post
I'll be getting this but I feel like it might be a good idea to wait for the trade. I don't know if this is fair or not but I feel like a lot of projects with "celebrity" writers tend to have lots of delays. I hope they wait to solicit it until it's totally in the can as I prefer monthlies for the most part. In any case, I'm definitely interested.
Cough-Lindelof-cough.

Ahem!
Old 11-02-2013, 09:56 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2008
Brisbane, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterpunk View Post
Oh yeah. Anyone stupid enough to take any pitch from Kevin Smith before he has written the lot, ought to be fired.

The standard response should be "Sounds lovely. Get back to me when you have it done"
Old 06-13-2015, 06:07 AM   #5
Banned

Jun 2015

I apologize for the necrobump, but this first issue is pretty raw and in your face as far as meeting Tyler. Have any of you read it? Without giving away too much of the story, Tyler is very much in control, and his/their son is right there with him in regard to psychosis, unless
[Show spoiler]Tyler is calling him from those Dr. appointments and explaining the ends and outs of chemical reactions.

I'm impressed and look forward to issue #2. Here are the first 1-5 release dates:
  • Issue #1 May 27, 2015
  • Issue #2 June 24, 2015
  • Issue #3 July 22, 2015
  • Issue #4 August 26, 2015
  • Issue #5 September 16, 2015

From Wiki, Fight Club 2 will have a 10 issue run, but sadly only lists 1-5. If you've not picked up a copy, I recommend you do.
Thanks given by:
Jpapp25 (06-15-2015)
Old 06-13-2015, 06:16 AM   #6
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

It sounds interesting, though the original Fight Club novel was a mere sketch of an idea. Fincher took that book and made it into a fantastic movie. I will assume this sequel got turned into a graphic novel after Chuck pitched it to Hollywood and they had no interest.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:41 AM   #7
Banned

Jun 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
It sounds interesting, though the original Fight Club novel was a mere sketch of an idea. Fincher took that book and made it into a fantastic movie. I will assume this sequel got turned into a graphic novel after Chuck pitched it to Hollywood and they had no interest.
Can't remember which article I read, but Palahniuk explained he was basically ambushed at a dinner about the structure of comic books, and that would be the ideal setting for a series. I have no idea if it was brought up as a movie, but if Fincher was attached then I see no reason it wouldn't be a success, or at least break even.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:28 AM   #8

Jun 2012
Illinois

I read this the other day and really liked it. The art was really popped on each page and the issue did a great job of reintroducing the characters and their current life situation. I think for someone that has not read the first book or seen the film it might be harder to follow or understand the characters, but if you are familiar you'll recognize them right away. I loved the emergence of Tyler and can't wait to see where this story goes.
Thanks given by:
Brundle (06-15-2015)
Old 06-25-2015, 01:46 AM   #9
Banned

Jun 2015

Issue 2 dropped today, and after reading makes me think there is way more to Project Mayhem 2.0 than even Tyler knows. This is getting good, so maybe after the initial 10 issues there will be a spin off.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:18 AM   #10

Jun 2012
Illinois

Just got mine in the mail today! My to-read pile keeps getting larger and I haven't had time to really make a dent in it lately. This one is definitely going towards the top though.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:25 PM   #11

Jun 2012
Illinois

Read through this yesterday. I am really liking the direction this is taking with all of the messed up twists and turns. And it's only issue #2! The art is great and the story is getting pretty interesting. Can't wait to see what happens in issue three.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:57 AM   #12
Banned

Jun 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpapp25 View Post
Read through this yesterday. I am really liking the direction this is taking with all of the messed up twists and turns. And it's only issue #2! The art is great and the story is getting pretty interesting. Can't wait to see what happens in issue three.
Marla is a real b*tch in this series, I mean she was a total psycho in the movie but never intentionally mean, and certainly f**kable. She comes across as a spoiled brat instead of that strong weirdo cool chick, and I'm wondering why the heck he would even consider marriage. I haven't read the novel so i'm not sure what her true personality is, all I can say is she probably won't be around till the end.

edit: Issue 3 came out today. Tyler is so much different now, and PM has this corporate level psychopath vibe to it. I love it for sure, but it's different than what you'd expect out of Tyler. The violence is really hard to get around, considering the philosophy behind Project Mayhem. I'm still not sure this is even happening.

Last edited by Brundle; 07-23-2015 at 03:34 AM.
Old 12-06-2015, 01:21 AM   #13

Aug 2012
NJ

This has been pretty much coming out monthly and there are no delays in sight...buying 'em all but waiting until it is over before I read it.

Anyone have a cover preference? I make sure that I get all of my boy David Mack's.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:08 AM   #14

Aug 2012
NJ

Since the above post, I finally got to read this series and thought it was so bad that I sold them off on ebay. I can't believe how terrible it was and that isn't even in comparison to the legendary original. Whether as a sequel/follow up or as a story on its own, FC2 is a complete and utter waste of time from Chuck Palahniuk.

I feel bad that Mack's gorgeous covers were subjected to such subpar interior storytelling! lol
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Comics