Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Prestige 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
1 hr ago
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$79.96
1 day ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Monster Hunter (Blu-ray)
$19.96
45 min ago
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

My Hero Academia: Season Four: Part Two (Blu-ray)
$34.34
1 day ago
Predator: 4-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$20.46
15 hrs ago
Bad Boys for Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Toy Soldiers (Blu-ray)
$14.41
11 hrs ago
Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Blu-ray)
$29.49

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Comics

Old 02-02-2017, 04:38 PM   #21

Aug 2012
NJ

It would have been nice if Salvador was put onto Doctor Aphra after the Vader series ended because, while Kev Walker is a notable artist...his work on her title is NOT doing the character justice and I can see people dropping it due to the work being done. It seems just way too cartoony to be on a SW title, especially after she has been drawn by Larrocca.

I'm wondering how popular these books still are, or if they're all just vastly over-printed. If you look over on ebay, there isn't really ANY issue going to good sums of $$$ and I'm even talking about the bulk of variants that were released for the first issue of SW back in 2015.

Kinsella5 did you grab the most recent action figure variants from JTC.com and the one from WonderWorldComics.com for Darth Maul #1?
Old 02-05-2017, 01:42 AM   #22

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D. Lombardi View Post
It would have been nice if Salvador was put onto Doctor Aphra
Totally agree. I have been a huge fan for a long time.
Old 02-05-2017, 07:34 PM   #23

Nov 2007
Central Hoosierland

I'm a big fan of JTC (he's just up the road from Indy and I've met him at a LCS signing, very down-to-earth, humble, and appreciative!) and try to grab those CGC SS offerings from his site whenever they are available.

Also, looks like some of these 40th Anniversary variants are worthy of a pickup. The Poe Dameron #10 was getting close to $30 on eBay this week and copies have dried up in the stores around here.

Also, some of these Darth Maul #1 variants are stunning. Picking up a few!
Thanks given by:
J.D. Lombardi (02-07-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 07:59 PM   #24
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
It would have been nice if Salvador was put onto Doctor Aphra after the Vader series ended because, while Kev Walker is a notable artist...his work on her title is NOT doing the character justice and I can see people dropping it due to the work being done. It seems just way too cartoony to be on a SW title, especially after she has been drawn by Larrocca.

I'm wondering how popular these books still are, or if they're all just vastly over-printed. If you look over on ebay, there isn't really ANY issue going to good sums of $$$ and I'm even talking about the bulk of variants that were released for the first issue of SW back in 2015.

Kinsella5 did you grab the most recent action figure variants from JTC.com and the one from WonderWorldComics.com for Darth Maul #1?
For some reason I am not getting notifications in my email's inbox about replies to posts so my apologies for the delay. Yes so far I am all current on the JTC action figure variants, which are the only variants I collect as they remind me of my childhood collecting the figures when I was a kid when Star Wars came out in 1977. The only one I don't have is the b/w Luke Skywalker cover for issue #1 that was the Diamond Seminar giveaway. That one will probably elude me since its out of my price range. I think only 500 were made.
Old 03-25-2017, 12:55 AM   #25

Aug 2012
NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5 View Post
For some reason I am not getting notifications in my email's inbox about replies to posts so my apologies for the delay. Yes so far I am all current on the JTC action figure variants, which are the only variants I collect as they remind me of my childhood collecting the figures when I was a kid when Star Wars came out in 1977. The only one I don't have is the b/w Luke Skywalker cover for issue #1 that was the Diamond Seminar giveaway. That one will probably elude me since its out of my price range. I think only 500 were made.
Actually, I'm hearing 200. On Facebook, or specifically on JTC's facebook page that one always comes up in chatter because so many of his fans are missing it. Lucky for me, my father picked me up one. lol He would always grab stuff that was hard to find just to impress me with his tracking down skills.

The ones I'm missing - and won't be getting - are the ones that are from that online comic shop who does the "mail away" looking ones. I got the one that had all the Sith figures on it, but they don't blow me away for the most part. Oh and that B&W General Tagge is the other that I'll pass on. It is too pricey considering the store still has so many left over.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:11 PM   #26
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
Actually, I'm hearing 200. On Facebook, or specifically on JTC's facebook page that one always comes up in chatter because so many of his fans are missing it. Lucky for me, my father picked me up one. lol He would always grab stuff that was hard to find just to impress me with his tracking down skills.

The ones I'm missing - and won't be getting - are the ones that are from that online comic shop who does the "mail away" looking ones. I got the one that had all the Sith figures on it, but they don't blow me away for the most part. Oh and that B&W General Tagge is the other that I'll pass on. It is too pricey considering the store still has so many left over.
Yeah I have heard 500, 200, 250 on that B/W retailer seminar Luke variant for Star Wars #1 it's hard to figure out which but chances are knowing that the seminars are limited to only retailers that I would say 200 made is probably the correct number. They didn't give them out at any other seminar after that either. What you have is considered the "Holy Grail" of the Star Wars action figure variants, which I am sure you already know, so I think to have the entire collection it sounds like you don't need that much to achieve that. I would say just continue getting them because not many people can claim to have that B/W Luke, I just wish I had bought one when it was around $50 on eBay. The others you have mentioned could be picked up for not that much at all, and then you would be one of the few who has all of the action figure variants made. Other than that B/W Luke I have them all, including the store exclusives and the ones offered through JTC's site but that B/W Luke will probably forever elude me.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:02 AM   #27
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

A new Star Wars action figure variant issue that may sneak under the radar for collectors, priced at only $10 plus shipping for the Rogue One #1 issue.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Ro...QAAOSw3utY5UIZ
Old 04-06-2017, 02:59 AM   #28

Aug 2012
NJ

Quote:
A new Star Wars action figure variant issue that may sneak under the radar for collectors, priced at only $10 plus shipping for the Rogue One #1 issue.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Ro...QAAOSw3utY5UIZ
Wait, did you just see that on JTC's facebook page? lol That'd mean we're both in the thread if you did. I bookmarked it so that I can get it once I get another sale on ebay. That way it can just come outta paypal, rather than my bank account.

So there is that one and the "standard" JYN figure variant...I think that Krennic looks a little rushed, to be honest, but that one is a must for the collection...and a reasonable price, to boot!
Thanks given by:
Kinsella5 (04-06-2017)
Old 04-06-2017, 08:42 PM   #29
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
Wait, did you just see that on JTC's facebook page? lol That'd mean we're both in the thread if you did. I bookmarked it so that I can get it once I get another sale on ebay. That way it can just come outta paypal, rather than my bank account.

So there is that one and the "standard" JYN figure variant...I think that Krennic looks a little rushed, to be honest, but that one is a must for the collection...and a reasonable price, to boot!
Nope, a friend of mine called to tell me he saw that Tate's Comic AF variant on JTC's Facebook page and was ordering one and asked if I wanted to add mine to his so I told him yes. I then thought I better post here just in case some people miss out on it. Yes it appears two AF variants for Rogue One #1, sounds like JTC has some announcements to make soon so probably some more exclusive website variants he will be offering.

I will continue to collect them, since I have them all except the B/W Luke, I enjoy collecting them, reminds me of my childhood in the 70's when first Star Wars film came out, they are the only variants collect.
Old 04-07-2017, 12:15 AM   #30

Aug 2012
NJ

Quote:
Nope, a friend of mine called to tell me he saw that Tate's Comic AF variant on JTC's Facebook page and was ordering one and asked if I wanted to add mine to his so I told him yes. I then thought I better post here just in case some people miss out on it. Yes it appears two AF variants for Rogue One #1, sounds like JTC has some announcements to make soon so probably some more exclusive website variants he will be offering.

I will continue to collect them, since I have them all except the B/W Luke, I enjoy collecting them, reminds me of my childhood in the 70's when first Star Wars film came out, they are the only variants collect.
Speaking of "reminding of childhood" did you happen to see the thread I started in the action figure area on this forum? If you haven't seen them, the Star Wars Black 40th Anniversary figures will blow your mind!
Old 04-07-2017, 06:09 AM   #31
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
Speaking of "reminding of childhood" did you happen to see the thread I started in the action figure area on this forum? If you haven't seen them, the Star Wars Black 40th Anniversary figures will blow your mind!
I didn't see your link, I actually don't collect the figures anymore, I have seen those black figures but I think they were from a few years ago. Link to your post and I will check it out. I still have most of my Star Wars figures from 1977-1983 in a box. My uncle I think still has the original first eight figures still in their blister packages.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:51 AM   #32

Aug 2012
NJ

Quote:
Link to your post and I will check it out.
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=290576

There ya go. Also, I really got soured on the JTC figure variants due to that Krennic...sold my B&W Luke on ebay in under 6 hours. lol I have my B&W Boba Fett on there now as well...from here on out I'm only getting the ones I like, rather than getting them all (or trying to get them all).
Old 04-17-2017, 05:00 AM   #33
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=290576

There ya go. Also, I really got soured on the JTC figure variants due to that Krennic...sold my B&W Luke on ebay in under 6 hours. lol I have my B&W Boba Fett on there now as well...from here on out I'm only getting the ones I like, rather than getting them all (or trying to get them all).
Interesting that they are releasing new figures using the old classic packaging. Tempting but it sounds like some figures are exclusives to certain cons driving prices up on those, and I better sit that out, the action figure variant covers is good enough for me. Why did you sell your B/W Luke? How much did you get for it? I am going to soon jump into the grading/slabbing thing, going with CBCS have stood on the sidelines long enough.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:31 AM   #34

Aug 2012
NJ

Quote:
Interesting that they are releasing new figures using the old classic packaging. Tempting but it sounds like some figures are exclusives to certain cons driving prices up on those, and I better sit that out, the action figure variant covers is good enough for me. Why did you sell your B/W Luke? How much did you get for it? I am going to soon jump into the grading/slabbing thing, going with CBCS have stood on the sidelines long enough.
There were a few minor dings in it that I noticed when I went to list it, but I accepted $425 for it. It was given to me and I don't know what the person paid, so I've no real complaints.

JTC actually told me he'd miss me commenting on his facebook, but I told him that I just wasn't going to be obsessed. lol I'll still buy ones of characters I love, but the exclusivity of some just turned me off.

Just not a fan of collectibles only a select few can have.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:03 PM   #35
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
There were a few minor dings in it that I noticed when I went to list it, but I accepted $425 for it. It was given to me and I don't know what the person paid, so I've no real complaints.

JTC actually told me he'd miss me commenting on his facebook, but I told him that I just wasn't going to be obsessed. lol I'll still buy ones of characters I love, but the exclusivity of some just turned me off.

Just not a fan of collectibles only a select few can have.
Seems like a good price, whomever purchased it probably will get it cleaned/pressed and then graded/slabbed and that may correct those dings but sounds like it was all profit for you which is always a nice thing.

I understand where you are coming, many of my customers believe since I have been in the original movie poster industry for the last 25 years that I would be a big time collector of them, but I am not, I have a fairy small personal collection, the rest I offer up. With comic variants I just get the Star Wars action figure ones but I collect about 15+ titles per month, I just need to find the time to read them as I haven't read comics faithfully in several years. One day I will get caught up.....
Old 04-22-2017, 01:24 AM   #36

Aug 2012
NJ

My black and white Boba Fett variant to #7 sold too...got $65 for that one.

I've decided that I'll keep from 1-30 in terms of the figure variants. After that, I'm only getting the ones I am really into. So any of those tri-figure ones that are from that online comic shop? They'll be skipped...Krennic is skipped...etc.

Don't know if everyone heard, but there'll be a Captain Phasma mini-series coming. So no doubt, there'll be one of her. I'd have to get that one!
Old 04-22-2017, 06:30 AM   #37
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
My black and white Boba Fett variant to #7 sold too...got $65 for that one.

I've decided that I'll keep from 1-30 in terms of the figure variants. After that, I'm only getting the ones I am really into. So any of those tri-figure ones that are from that online comic shop? They'll be skipped...Krennic is skipped...etc.

Don't know if everyone heard, but there'll be a Captain Phasma mini-series coming. So no doubt, there'll be one of her. I'd have to get that one!
Demand must have increased on the B/W Boba Fett ones, I was getting only $40 for them and they were only moving slowly as I bought extra to resell but that was a while ago. Yeah I believe I read there will be a Captain Phasma one, I believe JTC does one for just about every first issue Star Wars series, but only the main Star Wars title sees one each month (not including the random retailer and his website exclusives).

I am still going to collect them all, minus the B/W Luke unless that falls into my lap which I doubt it will.
Old 05-13-2017, 03:28 AM   #38

Aug 2012
NJ

JTC is releasing this one specifically from his website with a print run of 3000:

This is for the new Darth Vader #1 that is coming...

Also, JTC bought the hard to get Rogue One #1 Krennic variant and will be selling it for $10 the same day the above goes on sale. He only has 100 of them since he purchased them from the store that carried it.

I'll likely get both. He is a cool guy and I like supporting him.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18447160_1852101958445976_6095926288151905881_n.jpg (84.0 KB, 36 views)
Old 07-06-2017, 05:09 AM   #39

Oct 2013
Australia

I've fallen quite behind on the main Star Wars series. I'll have to start collecting them in trade to catch up. I enjoyed the Kanan series. Not read the Darth Maul one yet.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:08 AM   #40
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidaniel View Post
I've fallen quite behind on the main Star Wars series. I'll have to start collecting them in trade to catch up. I enjoyed the Kanan series. Not read the Darth Maul one yet.
You probably can get the back issues of the main Star Wars title at your local comic book stores, perhaps some of them would be having summer sales, or you can check eBay. Also they just started a new ongoing monthly Darth Vader series, issue #2 just came out about a week or so ago so its very early on. It picks up right where the movie Revenge of the Sith ends too.
Thanks given by:
jedidaniel (07-07-2017)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Comics