Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Prestige 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
16 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Rubber (Blu-ray)
$6.99
6 hrs ago
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

My Hero Academia: Season Four: Part Two (Blu-ray)
$33.99

Monster Hunter (Blu-ray)
$19.96
15 hrs ago
Ultraman Leo: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$42.99
12 hrs ago
Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

Wonder Woman 1984 (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Bad Boys for Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

NFL Super Bowl LV Champions: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Blu-ray)
$24.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 03-21-2018, 06:00 PM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2008
In Digital
Default Variant Cover Help Please

I am new to comic books and wanted to ask some questions about variant covers and Google isn't helpful.

Mainly I wanted to know if a website exists where I could see a timeline of releases and varying cover art with statistics of how widely produced the variants were.

I just like to know my options before I spend money.
Old 03-25-2018, 03:18 PM   #2
Power Member

Aug 2011
Earth

If you know the particular title(s) with variant covers you are interested in https://www.mycomicshop.com/ should have the info you are looking for. Hope that helps.
Thanks given by:
J.D. Lombardi (03-26-2018)
Old 04-19-2018, 06:53 AM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilE981 View Post
I am new to comic books and wanted to ask some questions about variant covers and Google isn't helpful.

Mainly I wanted to know if a website exists where I could see a timeline of releases and varying cover art with statistics of how widely produced the variants were.

I just like to know my options before I spend money.
What type of comics are you getting into? Marvel? DC? Image? Other publishers? I am sure some people can chime in on some good titles if you need any help. A few titles that just started so you could start from the beginning would be the following:

Oblivion Song (Image Comics/This is a monthly ongoing title from the co-creator of The Walking Dead, Robert Kirkman, issue #2 just came out a week ago so you should be able to get the first two issue fairly easily. Image announced there would not be a second printing of the first issue, instead they did a larger first print run).

Isola (Image Comics/This is a monthly ongoing series, issue #1 came out two weeks ago, and has sold out. There was the main cover "A" when it was solicited a few months ago, but then a few weeks after that an order update for stores announced a cover "B" for the first issue which has a smaller print run of the "A" cover. With the first printing of both covers sold out, they are starting to climb in price, especially the "B" cover. There was also a C2E2 convention variant of the first issue and a retailer exclusive C2E2 seminar variant of the first issue. Second printings of #1 hit comic stores yesterday but on Midtown Comics website they have first printings of issue #1 (cover A only) available as well as a signed version for no additional charge by the two creators who did a signing at their store location a week or so ago.

Gideon Falls (Image Comics/A new monthly ongoing series by Jeff Lemire, a very talented writer and all around nice guy. Issue #2 just came out. Lemire also writes Descender, another Image series, which is a great series, but it is up there in number, so you may want to pick up the tradepaperbacks of it if they are out which I believe they are.

If you like super hero titles, DC is getting ready to re-launch Justice League with Scott Snyder writing it, but most of the other books they have done are well past 30+ issues in their Rebirth line. Marvel is getting ready to re-boot a number of their super hero books this summer too.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:51 AM   #4
Expert Member

Oct 2008

There is an app called "Fresh Comics" that breaks down upcoming releases by the week and usually has all the cover images including variants. It does not breakdown the ratios/rarity though.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Comics