Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49
15 hrs ago
Galaxy Quest (Blu-ray)
$9.99

3-D Rarities Volume II (Blu-ray)
$34.99
2 hrs ago
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
10 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Richard Jewell (Blu-ray)
$19.96
8 hrs ago
Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49

The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Dolittle 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
2 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions

Old 09-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #21

Sep 2012
Finland

I think WB will send for you replacement discs too , i live in Finland and today WB promise for me that i get them as soon as they get those discs.

ps. i bought that boxset from amazon.co.uk, so it was UK version.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #22

Sep 2012
BC Canada

I called Warner Bros Canada this morning and got transferred to voicemail. Left my name and phone number, but they never called back. If I haven't heard back by tomorrow afternoon, I'll call again.
Last week email to Warner still unanswered.
Did anybody have better luck trying to communicate with Warner?
Old 09-17-2012, 10:58 PM   #23

Sep 2012
BC Canada
Canada

Here's something new. Amazon.com has stopped selling this set because the item is under review.
Quote:
While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)
We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
I didn't think there was something wrong with the US version.

Hopefully Amazon.ca will do the same and admit that there is a problem with the Canadian sets, and work on a solution!
Old 09-18-2012, 02:46 AM   #24
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2010
Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvrblu View Post
Here's something new. Amazon.com has stopped selling this set because the item is under review.
I didn't think there was something wrong with the US version.

Hopefully Amazon.ca will do the same and admit that there is a problem with the Canadian sets, and work on a solution!
My guess would be because of scratched discs.Not surprising being the way this set was packaged.A couple of the reviews mention about having scratched discs and about exchanging there set.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #25

Sep 2012
BC Canada
Canada

Amazon.ca has suspended sales of this item due to customer reports.
It's about time. Hopefully they will work this out with Warner and we'll get the proper replacement disc.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #26

Apr 2011

It's about time. I guess all it took was a couple of extra one-star and two-star reviews, yvrblu? <high five>

Also, I still haven't been contacted by WB after all my emails.

I really hope they resolve this soon. I really like the set (a bit worth it for me more than others as I have never purchased any of the extended editions knowing a set like this would eventually come), and it's too bad that WB quality control screwed the pooch on this release (on different regions too!).
Old 09-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #27
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011
Mount Doom

This boxset is very expensive. The same movies in a different packaging..
I'll buy it if it drops to 100 gbp xD
Old 09-21-2012, 02:21 AM   #28

Apr 2011

Looks like the item is back up for sale over at Amazon.ca. They just removed any references to the Extended Edition on the Philosopher's Stone. I am not impressed.

Still have not heard back from WB Canada. What a joke.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #29

Jan 2010

French amazon is under review too.
As for the Dutch case, there is a problem on the eighth documentary.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #30
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2007
PEI, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by kings5504 View Post
Looks like the item is back up for sale over at Amazon.ca. They just removed any references to the Extended Edition on the Philosopher's Stone. I am not impressed.

That can't be good. I'm going to bombard them with emails today to make sure we get some sort of response back.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:06 PM   #31

Jan 2010

It's back in the USA too, although I don't know of they changed something in the description. Anyway, I think the one from the UK may still take a while to be back, once there are acknowledgedly 5 discs (at least) with some kind of problem.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #32

Sep 2012
BC Canada
Canada

Unbelievable! I just emailed my thoughts about this to amazon.ca And I pointed out to them, that changing the description simply proves that it is the wrong disc. It needs to be replaced! I will keep calling Warner until I get to talk to someone and get an answer on this. This is totally unacceptable.
The struggle continues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kings5504 View Post

Old 09-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #33

Sep 2012
Ottawa, Canada

Amazon.ca is being ridiculous about this! Taking out references to the extended edition on their website isn't going to change the fact that it's still advertised on the box and in the disc booklet.

I sent them a nasty message this morning. I think the real problem is that the people who answer those inquiries are zombies who work at call centres in India and have no actual power to do anything. I made mention of that in my message to them (worded better, of course) and asked if they could escalate the issue to someone who actually has the authority to do something.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:20 PM   #34

Sep 2012
BC Canada
Canada

I did the same thing. I asked my email to be forwarded to a manager. I also updated my review of the set on amazon.ca's website. It may not change the issue at this time, but it will show how amazon is ignoring the issue by simply editing the description.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acgref View Post
Amazon.ca is being ridiculous about this! Taking out references to the extended edition on their website isn't going to change the fact that it's still advertised on the box and in the disc booklet.

I sent them a nasty message this morning. I think the real problem is that the people who answer those inquiries are zombies who work at call centres in India and have no actual power to do anything. I made mention of that in my message to them (worded better, of course) and asked if they could escalate the issue to someone who actually has the authority to do something.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:55 PM   #35

Sep 2012
Ottawa, Canada

I just got this response from Amazon.ca:

"I'm sorry for the problem you had with your Harry Potter Wizards Collection.

I have canceled the replacement order since it will most likely has the same problem as the original order.

In the meantime, I'm working with the fulfillment center and see if we could do anything about the defective disc and it'll take a bit more time than usual.

I just wanted to let you know I'll write back in 2-3 business days with more information.

Thanks for giving me time to find the best solution."

That's the best answer I've heard from Amazon so far at least!
Old 09-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #36

Sep 2012
BC Canada
Canada

That's great. I am still waiting for amazon.ca to respond to my email. It looks like they may be looking a little closer into this issue.
Quote:
I just got this response from Amazon.ca:

"I'm sorry for the problem you had with your Harry Potter Wizards Collection.

I have canceled the replacement order since it will most likely has the same problem as the original order.

In the meantime, I'm working with the fulfillment center and see if we could do anything about the defective disc and it'll take a bit more time than usual.

I just wanted to let you know I'll write back in 2-3 business days with more information.

Thanks for giving me time to find the best solution."

That's the best answer I've heard from Amazon so far at least!
Old 09-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #37
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2007
PEI, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvrblu View Post
That's great. I am still waiting for amazon.ca to respond to my email. It looks like they may be looking a little closer into this issue.
I don't think Amazon will be able to solve it for you. Warner is likely where you will need to get the disc from.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #38

Sep 2012
Ottawa, Canada

I know, but since I'm having no luck with WB, I'm hoping if Amazon contacts WB it might help things along. The fact is that I guarantee that the majority of people who bought this don't even realize there's anything wrong. They get their pretty set to display on their shelf, find all the trinkets in the box, and they pop in their disc and it automatically plays and they're satisfied.

The three or four of us from this thread are having a hard enough time getting ahold of WB Canada as it is. Of the others who DO notice an error, I could see a lot of them shrugging it off or giving up after having no response. To the average person, this error probably isn't THAT big a deal...they still have the movie to watch.

WB might respond if a major retailer like Amazon gets involved rather than just a few random complaints from us. At least I'm getting responses from Amazon, even if they're less than helpful. That's more than I can say for WB right now.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:08 PM   #39

Sep 2012
BC Canada
Canada

True. But amazon can put pressure on Warner to resolve the issue. Warner is more likely to listen to amazon than to the rest of us.
In my opinion, what doesn't help us as individuals in this, is most likely a lot of people bought this set as a collectible item and probably also own the previous releases of Harry Potter including the Ultimate Editions. So like myself, they may not watch the discs in the set for quite a while, as they have seen them from the previous editions. So less people will report the problem as they are not aware of it.
Also, we normally share the same discs with the Warner US releases,except for the packaging. But in this case, Philosopher's Stone is the only disc in the set that is not shared with the US set. And Canada being a much smaller market than the US, it may take more pressure to get Warner to correct the disc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by binarymelon View Post
I don't think Amazon will be able to solve it for you. Warner is likely where you will need to get the disc from.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #40

Sep 2012
BC Canada

Well Said!
You beat me to it
Quote:
I know, but since I'm having no luck with WB, I'm hoping if Amazon contacts WB it might help things along. The fact is that I guarantee that the majority of people who bought this don't even realize there's anything wrong. They get their pretty set to display on their shelf, find all the trinkets in the box, and they pop in their disc and it automatically plays and they're satisfied.

The three or four of us from this thread are having a hard enough time getting ahold of WB Canada as it is. Of the others who DO notice an error, I could see a lot of them shrugging it off or giving up after having no response. To the average person, this error probably isn't THAT big a deal...they still have the movie to watch.

WB might respond if a major retailer like Amazon gets involved rather than just a few random complaints from us. At least I'm getting responses from Amazon, even if they're less than helpful. That's more than I can say for WB right now.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions