Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
11 hrs ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
8 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

The Hunt for Red October 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
7 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99
15 hrs ago
Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge (Blu-ray)
$18.99

The Lighthouse (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Molly's Game (Blu-ray)
$5.00
3 hrs ago
Sonic the Hedgehog 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions

Old 09-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #41

Sep 2012
NS Canada
Canada

I bought the Wizard collection over amazon.ca as well, # in authenticity 24000-something or other and have the same problem with the Philosopher's Stone disc. I have repeatedly tried to contact Warner Brothers via email with no luck. After reading some of the other posts I will be contacting amazon.ca later this evening as well, I hope we all can get this issue resolved soon. I bought this set as a Christmas gift for my wife, who is a huge Harry Potter fan and would like to be able to give it to her on Christmas complete.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #42

Sep 2012
BC Canada
Canada

That's a good first step. You may also want to call the Warner Bros Toronto office (416-250-8385)(I know they don't have a toll-free number). The more people call to report the problem, the better reponse we might get.
Also if you have not done it yet, write a review, on amazon.ca, about the set, including the problem with the Philosopher's Stone disc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muaddibfm View Post
I bought the Wizard collection over amazon.ca as well, # in authenticity 24000-something or other and have the same problem with the Philosopher's Stone disc. I have repeatedly tried to contact Warner Brothers via email with no luck. After reading some of the other posts I will be contacting amazon.ca later this evening as well, I hope we all can get this issue resolved soon. I bought this set as a Christmas gift for my wife, who is a huge Harry Potter fan and would like to be able to give it to her on Christmas complete.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:21 AM   #43

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvrblu View Post
True. But amazon can put pressure on Warner to resolve the issue. Warner is more likely to listen to amazon than to the rest of us.
It is obvious with change of description Amazon.ca is not going to recognize anything wrong with the set. Since this is a deal with the disc itself with the wrong material on it contact Warner they are the only ones that will fix the situation stop blaming Amazon for something that was out of their control.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:11 AM   #44

Sep 2012
Ottawa, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddwarf6662 View Post
It is obvious with change of description Amazon.ca is not going to recognize anything wrong with the set. Since this is a deal with the disc itself with the wrong material on it contact Warner they are the only ones that will fix the situation stop blaming Amazon for something that was out of their control.
I'm not blaming Amazon for the error at all. In fact, I stated in each of my communications to them that I knew it wasn't their fault. The fact remains that they are a major retailer and will probably have more impact in addressing this issue with WB than a few of us do individually. I bought this product from Amazon and regardless of whose fault it is, they SHOULD be concerned that they provided their customers with a product that is not what was advertised. If not for their customers' benefit, they should be addressing this with WB for their own reputation. I wouldn't be going through Amazon at all for this except for the fact that I haven't had any luck in contacting WB.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:29 AM   #45

Sep 2012
BC Canada
Canada

Well put acgref!
PS I sent you a private message that you may want to read!
Quote:
Originally Posted by acgref View Post
I'm not blaming Amazon for the error at all. In fact, I stated in each of my communications to them that I knew it wasn't their fault. The fact remains that they are a major retailer and will probably have more impact in addressing this issue with WB than a few of us do individually. I bought this product from Amazon and regardless of whose fault it is, they SHOULD be concerned that they provided their customers with a product that is not what was advertised. If not for their customers' benefit, they should be addressing this with WB for their own reputation. I wouldn't be going through Amazon at all for this except for the fact that I haven't had any luck in contacting WB.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:27 AM   #46

Sep 2012
Default Maximum Movie Mode in Prisoner of Azkaban

Anybody knows why Prisoner of Azkaban doens't have the In Movie Experience??? My edtion is UK...

Last edited by mathedke; 09-22-2012 at 02:47 AM.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:21 AM   #47

Sep 2012

I bought mine from Futureshop. I sent two emails to them and also sent a message to WB UK and left a VM to WB Canada. It's somewhat encouraging to see Amazon reply and hopefully more people put pressure on the vendors to help leverage to make WB react on this. It's absurd that we pay good bucks for this and that they think it's acceptable to deliver something less.
I really hope WB does something soon.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:29 AM   #48

Sep 2012

I also contacted amazon.ca about my defective disc as well as Warner Bros. I have yet to hear back from either company. I would hope that Warner Bros would be getting ready to produce the correct disc and have them available soon to replace the defective ones.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:48 AM   #49
Expert Member

Aug 2008
The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathedke View Post
Anybody knows why Prisoner of Azkaban doens't have the In Movie Experience??? My edtion is UK...
Because they didn't make one for this film.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #50

Jan 2010
France

I just received the French collection - number 39469.
I confirm that there is indeed a mistake. The 8th documentary is not present. Instead there is the old bonus disc.
It's not so bad, I have the short version of the conversation and "When Harry Left Hogwarts"
Amazon.fr apparently has stopped sending the collection and itself will contact the french Warner. I have only to wait for the replacement of the disc.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #51

Sep 2012
NS Canada
Canada

This is the first response I have received from amazon.ca as of this morning.

I'm so sorry about the problem with your "Harry Potter Wizards Collection [Blu-ray + DVD Combo + Digital Copy]". I've placed a new order for you at no charge.

Here are the details:

Order Number:

Shipping Speed: Express

Estimated Delivery Date: October 02, 2012

We aren't able to ship the item to you right away because we're waiting to receive more inventory. If you need the replacement sooner than the estimated delivery date listed above, we can cancel the replacement order and refund you for the original shipment--just let us know.

To return the defective item, please use the return mailing label you printed from our website to return the item without paying any return shipping charges.

I have confirmed that the replacement order was placed. I went in a cancelled it as well as leaving comments as to why I was cancelling it, and then I sent them another fully detailed email explaining that all sets have this problem and that it would be a waste of time to send out a full set replacement, and that the only disc that needs a replacement id the philosopher's stone film disc because it was not as advertized. hope to hear back from them soon.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:52 PM   #52

Sep 2012
London, UK

Hi all, I have the UK set and WB has emailed me back about the replacement discs as well. However, I just watched the extended version of Chamber of Secrets, and the disc froze twice - I had to eject the movie, start again, skip the "freezing point" and carry on. I thought it may be due to my player not handling seemless branching well, so I tried the theatrical version and the same thing happened. It happens once during the Quidditch game and once when Harry reads Tom Riddle's diary.

Has anyone else noticed this? I have dozens of Blu-rays and this has not happened on any other disc I own, so I'm not sure if my player is the problem.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #53
Special Member

Dec 2009
Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D4ever View Post
Hi all, I have the UK set and WB has emailed me back about the replacement discs as well. However, I just watched the extended version of Chamber of Secrets, and the disc froze twice - I had to eject the movie, start again, skip the "freezing point" and carry on. I thought it may be due to my player not handling seemless branching well, so I tried the theatrical version and the same thing happened. It happens once during the Quidditch game and once when Harry reads Tom Riddle's diary.

Has anyone else noticed this? I have dozens of Blu-rays and this has not happened on any other disc I own, so I'm not sure if my player is the problem.
Usually this happens when either a disc is sensitive, like my Deathly Hallows Part 1 did that the other day, I had to clean the disc in order to have it play correctly, you could try that, if that doesn't work then it's your player. I know back in 2009, my samsung player could not play HP 1 and 2 UE because it could not process seemless branching very well, so I switched to a Pansonic player and it worked, I feel like it's your player though
Old 09-23-2012, 07:01 PM   #54

Sep 2012
London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUsokrJosh305 View Post
Usually this happens when either a disc is sensitive, like my Deathly Hallows Part 1 did that the other day, I had to clean the disc in order to have it play correctly, you could try that, if that doesn't work then it's your player. I know back in 2009, my samsung player could not play HP 1 and 2 UE because it could not process seemless branching very well, so I switched to a Pansonic player and it worked, I feel like it's your player though
Thanks for this - I have a Samsung player so it could be that, as the disc was pretty clean (first use). That said, I had no problem with seamless branching with HP & the Philosopher's Stone, King Kong or the Frighteners for instance so my player seems to be selective!

Last edited by 3D4ever; 09-23-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #55
Special Member

Dec 2009
Indiana

Quote:
Thanks for this - I have a Samsung player so it could be that, as the disc was pretty clean (first use). That said, I had no problem with seamless branching with HP & the Philosopher's Stone, King Kong or the Frighteners for instance so my player seems to be selective!
No problem, and ya it's probably the player, Samsung players are notorious for screwing up seemless branching, and I have no idea why
Old 09-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #56

Oct 2010

Quote:

When was the last time you ran a firmware update on your player. My suggestion is get your model number and check Samsung's website and see if they have a firmware update if your player does not have the most recent update then update your player and see if this still happens.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:21 PM   #57

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbob View Post
I bought mine from Futureshop. I sent two emails to them and also sent a message to WB UK and left a VM to WB Canada. It's somewhat encouraging to see Amazon reply and hopefully more people put pressure on the vendors to help leverage to make WB react on this. It's absurd that we pay good bucks for this and that they think it's acceptable to deliver something less.
I really hope WB does something soon.
Your problem is with the canadian division of Warner Brothers you need to address them. The U.K. division is not attached to them and have acknowledged the issue of the U.K. sets. Amazon cannot fix an issue when it is an error that is an authoring error on every set. Talk with WB Canada they are your only hope.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:23 PM   #58

Sep 2012
London, UK

Quote:
When was the last time you ran a firmware update on your player. My suggestion is get your model number and check Samsung's website and see if they have a firmware update if your player does not have the most recent update then update your player and see if this still happens.
Good point. I bought the player in January 2011 and I never did any updates! I'll check it out just in case, cheers!
Old 09-24-2012, 12:27 AM   #59

Apr 2011

Quote:
Talk with WB Canada they are your only hope.
Good luck with that.

After a number of unanswered, unacknowledged emails and phone calls, I am starting to doubt that WB Canada actually exists.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:51 AM   #60
Banned

Sep 2012

Had email from Amazon UK this morning confirming the incorrect disks for "In movie experience" and incorrectly labelled 3D discs, and advising me to contact Warner Brothers with my order number for replacements (which I did a week ago thanks to these forums :-))

Looks like Amazon are steering well clear of any replacements on this one.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions