Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Sonic the Hedgehog 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
2 hrs ago
The Lighthouse (Blu-ray)
$14.99
38 min ago
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Superman: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99

The Good Place: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$50.31

Avatar - The Last Airbender: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$79.99

Dragon Ball Z: Seasons 1-9 Collection (Blu-ray)
$123.49

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions

Old 06-29-2015, 05:53 PM   #41
Blu-ray Baron

Jan 2012
Wherever I am right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsever View Post
Except this is better, because it's a fullslip! Fullslip > plain steel any day.
I think they're about even, depending on your personal preference. For a steel collector, the steelbook is better, for the full slip amaray collector, this is superior. If this was a steelbook w/full slip, then that would obviously be better than both.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:58 PM   #42
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2014
London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruisermoore View Post
I think they're about even, depending on your personal preference. For a steel collector, the steelbook is better, for the full slip amaray collector, this is superior. If this was a steelbook w/full slip, then that would obviously be better than both.
I did like the American Hustle fullslip by Novamedia It's actually nicer than the Zavvi Steelbook
Old 06-29-2015, 06:46 PM   #43
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2009
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruisermoore View Post
Funny story. I purchased Under the Skin from eBay, thinking it was the Zavvi steel. When it came in the mail, it was just the UK amaray that has a black case and slipcover. Totally mis-read the auction title.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:35 PM   #44
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-
-

Wish I would've held off the Japanese slipbox, but this looks to nice to pass up!
Old 06-29-2015, 10:30 PM   #45
Special Member

Jun 2012
UK

Would hesitate on this until it's clear which transfer is being used and whether or not it'll end up censored.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:45 PM   #46
Blu-ray Guru

May 2013
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
Would hesitate on this until it's clear which transfer is being used and whether or not it'll end up censored.
Don't really care myself. If I bought this I probably would leave it sealed as I have no desire to look at any of the extras.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:27 PM   #47
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2009
Denver, CO

Why would it be censored? Has any other countries released a censored version? Typically, these South Korean companies release the same transfer/disc as US. They almost always include the same bonus features, and are region A (if not region free).
Old 07-02-2015, 05:51 PM   #48
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
MA

Damn! Why must they always release stuff this cool for movies I already own!! Now I have to double dip!
Old 07-02-2015, 10:52 PM   #49
Special Member

Jun 2012
UK

Quote:
Why would it be censored? Has any other countries released a censored version? Typically, these South Korean companies release the same transfer/disc as US. They almost always include the same bonus features, and are region A (if not region free).
I know Japan released a censored version with optical blurring etc, and there was problems with the US transfer, worse problems with the UK transfer.
Old 07-03-2015, 02:52 PM   #50

Feb 2014

Quote:
I believe South Korea requires male nudity to be censored, which this film has a lot of. Plain Archive cancelled their release of Holy Motors because they were required to censor the male nudity in that and they did not want to compromise the artistic vision of the film.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:55 AM   #51

Apr 2012

Quote:
I know Japan released a censored version with optical blurring etc, and there was problems with the US transfer, worse problems with the UK transfer.
What was the problem with the US transfer?
Old 07-08-2015, 12:06 PM   #52
Special Member

Jun 2012
UK

The US release had some bad banding and compression/digital noise issues and was on a BD-25, the UK had bad aliasing and digital sharpening issues.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:09 PM   #53
Banned

Jun 2015

Quote:
The US release had some bad banding and compression/digital noise issues and was on a BD-25, the UK had bad aliasing and digital sharpening issues.
Thats disappointing to hear as I just picked up the UK version.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:12 AM   #54

Mar 2013
Pittsburgh, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelhero View Post
I believe South Korea requires male nudity to be censored, which this film has a lot of. Plain Archive cancelled their release of Holy Motors because they were required to censor the male nudity in that and they did not want to compromise the artistic vision of the film.
Interesting. That definitely tempers my hopes for this. Shame...I was really glad they went with the standard art for the cover while mixing it up with that amaray art.

Guess it is a wait and see. I haven't gotten the impression the amaray series is a big seller for Nova.
Old 07-16-2015, 08:14 AM   #55
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peep View Post
What was the problem with the US transfer?
Quote:
Yep, the DE Blu-ray has the best pq.

Old 07-17-2015, 05:29 AM   #56
Power Member

Jul 2012
In the darkest depths of Mordor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelhero View Post
I have the Korean fullslip of Bertolucci's 'The Dreamers' that has close up scenes of both male and female nudity, and that Korean release is completely uncut and un-pixelated, so I think this release will be fine.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:18 PM   #57
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
MA

So....if this is supposedly coming out this month, shouldn't there have been a pre order by now?
Old 07-22-2015, 04:30 PM   #58

Jul 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdurden10 View Post
So....if this is supposedly coming out this month, shouldn't there have been a pre order by now?
im sure i read its going to be out around july 29
Old 07-22-2015, 09:44 PM   #59
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2014
Golden State

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdurden10 View Post
Unlike steelbook preorders, Nova typically hasn't announced preorders for their amaray editions with much notice. Sometimes, they announce it about a week ahead of time, other times they've literally announced it the day before or the day of.

Whenever I catch wind of the preorder dates, times, etc. I'll update the OP and add the appropriate preorder links.
Thanks given by:
JPSB83 (07-22-2015), tylerdurden10 (07-22-2015), Wireduck1 (07-23-2015), Zombilina (07-23-2015)
Old 07-23-2015, 10:00 PM   #60

Mar 2013
Pittsburgh, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by redphoenix View Post
Unlike steelbook preorders, Nova typically hasn't announced preorders for their amaray editions with much notice. Sometimes, they announce it about a week ahead of time, other times they've literally announced it the day before or the day of.

Whenever I catch wind of the preorder dates, times, etc. I'll update the OP and add the appropriate preorder links.
Post on Facebook today when they put something up about the Nightcrawler steel indicated more on Under the Skin next week whether that be a pre-order announcement or actual pre-orders.
Thanks given by:
tylerdurden10 (07-23-2015)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions