Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99
 
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95
 
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Sonic the Hedgehog 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
2 hrs ago
The Lighthouse (Blu-ray)
$14.99
38 min ago
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
 
Superman: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
 
The Good Place: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$50.31
 
Avatar - The Last Airbender: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$79.99
 
Dragon Ball Z: Seasons 1-9 Collection (Blu-ray)
$123.49
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2015, 05:53 PM   #41
Bruisermoore Bruisermoore is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Bruisermoore's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
Wherever I am right now.
70
418
9
319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsever View Post
Except this is better, because it's a fullslip! Fullslip > plain steel any day.
I think they're about even, depending on your personal preference. For a steel collector, the steelbook is better, for the full slip amaray collector, this is superior. If this was a steelbook w/full slip, then that would obviously be better than both.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 05:58 PM   #42
Huseyin Huseyin is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Huseyin's Avatar
 
Aug 2014
London, UK
954
5
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruisermoore View Post
I think they're about even, depending on your personal preference. For a steel collector, the steelbook is better, for the full slip amaray collector, this is superior. If this was a steelbook w/full slip, then that would obviously be better than both.
I did like the American Hustle fullslip by Novamedia It's actually nicer than the Zavvi Steelbook
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 06:46 PM   #43
jacobsever jacobsever is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
jacobsever's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Denver, CO
1
557
60
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruisermoore View Post
I think they're about even, depending on your personal preference. For a steel collector, the steelbook is better, for the full slip amaray collector, this is superior. If this was a steelbook w/full slip, then that would obviously be better than both.
Funny story. I purchased Under the Skin from eBay, thinking it was the Zavvi steel. When it came in the mail, it was just the UK amaray that has a black case and slipcover. Totally mis-read the auction title.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:35 PM   #44
rickah88 rickah88 is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
rickah88's Avatar
 
May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-
-
93
Default

Wish I would've held off the Japanese slipbox, but this looks to nice to pass up!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:30 PM   #45
rewak rewak is offline
Special Member
 
rewak's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
UK
98
678
3
Default

Would hesitate on this until it's clear which transfer is being used and whether or not it'll end up censored.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 02:45 PM   #46
bevins2016 bevins2016 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
bevins2016's Avatar
 
May 2013
Ohio
1123
60
235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
Would hesitate on this until it's clear which transfer is being used and whether or not it'll end up censored.
Don't really care myself. If I bought this I probably would leave it sealed as I have no desire to look at any of the extras.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 04:27 PM   #47
jacobsever jacobsever is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
jacobsever's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Denver, CO
1
557
60
7
Default

Why would it be censored? Has any other countries released a censored version? Typically, these South Korean companies release the same transfer/disc as US. They almost always include the same bonus features, and are region A (if not region free).
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 05:51 PM   #48
tylerdurden10 tylerdurden10 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
tylerdurden10's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
MA
13
54
1873
229
Default

Damn! Why must they always release stuff this cool for movies I already own!! Now I have to double dip!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 10:52 PM   #49
rewak rewak is offline
Special Member
 
rewak's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
UK
98
678
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsever View Post
Why would it be censored? Has any other countries released a censored version? Typically, these South Korean companies release the same transfer/disc as US. They almost always include the same bonus features, and are region A (if not region free).
I know Japan released a censored version with optical blurring etc, and there was problems with the US transfer, worse problems with the UK transfer.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 02:52 PM   #50
Reelhero Reelhero is offline
Member
 
Reelhero's Avatar
 
Feb 2014
52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsever View Post
Why would it be censored? Has any other countries released a censored version? Typically, these South Korean companies release the same transfer/disc as US. They almost always include the same bonus features, and are region A (if not region free).
I believe South Korea requires male nudity to be censored, which this film has a lot of. Plain Archive cancelled their release of Holy Motors because they were required to censor the male nudity in that and they did not want to compromise the artistic vision of the film.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 04:55 AM   #51
Peep Peep is offline
Senior Member
 
Apr 2012
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
I know Japan released a censored version with optical blurring etc, and there was problems with the US transfer, worse problems with the UK transfer.
What was the problem with the US transfer?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 12:06 PM   #52
rewak rewak is offline
Special Member
 
rewak's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
UK
98
678
3
Default

The US release had some bad banding and compression/digital noise issues and was on a BD-25, the UK had bad aliasing and digital sharpening issues.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 12:09 PM   #53
jsobko jsobko is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
The US release had some bad banding and compression/digital noise issues and was on a BD-25, the UK had bad aliasing and digital sharpening issues.
Thats disappointing to hear as I just picked up the UK version.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 01:12 AM   #54
ejm69 ejm69 is offline
Active Member
 
ejm69's Avatar
 
Mar 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
7
320
17
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelhero View Post
I believe South Korea requires male nudity to be censored, which this film has a lot of. Plain Archive cancelled their release of Holy Motors because they were required to censor the male nudity in that and they did not want to compromise the artistic vision of the film.
Interesting. That definitely tempers my hopes for this. Shame...I was really glad they went with the standard art for the cover while mixing it up with that amaray art.

Guess it is a wait and see. I haven't gotten the impression the amaray series is a big seller for Nova.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:14 AM   #55
amoergosum amoergosum is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
amoergosum's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
84
573
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peep View Post
What was the problem with the US transfer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
The US release had some bad banding and compression/digital noise issues and was on a BD-25, the UK had bad aliasing and digital sharpening issues.
Yep, the DE Blu-ray has the best pq.

  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 05:29 AM   #56
Wireduck1 Wireduck1 is offline
Power Member
 
Wireduck1's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
In the darkest depths of Mordor
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelhero View Post
I believe South Korea requires male nudity to be censored, which this film has a lot of. Plain Archive cancelled their release of Holy Motors because they were required to censor the male nudity in that and they did not want to compromise the artistic vision of the film.
I have the Korean fullslip of Bertolucci's 'The Dreamers' that has close up scenes of both male and female nudity, and that Korean release is completely uncut and un-pixelated, so I think this release will be fine.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 03:18 PM   #57
tylerdurden10 tylerdurden10 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
tylerdurden10's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
MA
13
54
1873
229
Default

So....if this is supposedly coming out this month, shouldn't there have been a pre order by now?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 04:30 PM   #58
JPSB83 JPSB83 is offline
Member
 
JPSB83's Avatar
 
Jul 2015
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdurden10 View Post
So....if this is supposedly coming out this month, shouldn't there have been a pre order by now?
im sure i read its going to be out around july 29
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:44 PM   #59
redphoenix redphoenix is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
redphoenix's Avatar
 
Dec 2014
Golden State
833
11
768
192
191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdurden10 View Post
So....if this is supposedly coming out this month, shouldn't there have been a pre order by now?
Unlike steelbook preorders, Nova typically hasn't announced preorders for their amaray editions with much notice. Sometimes, they announce it about a week ahead of time, other times they've literally announced it the day before or the day of.

Whenever I catch wind of the preorder dates, times, etc. I'll update the OP and add the appropriate preorder links.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
JPSB83 (07-22-2015), tylerdurden10 (07-22-2015), Wireduck1 (07-23-2015), Zombilina (07-23-2015)
Old 07-23-2015, 10:00 PM   #60
ejm69 ejm69 is offline
Active Member
 
ejm69's Avatar
 
Mar 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
7
320
17
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redphoenix View Post
Unlike steelbook preorders, Nova typically hasn't announced preorders for their amaray editions with much notice. Sometimes, they announce it about a week ahead of time, other times they've literally announced it the day before or the day of.

Whenever I catch wind of the preorder dates, times, etc. I'll update the OP and add the appropriate preorder links.
Post on Facebook today when they put something up about the Nightcrawler steel indicated more on Under the Skin next week whether that be a pre-order announcement or actual pre-orders.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
tylerdurden10 (07-23-2015)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:20 PM.