Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
5 hrs ago
Idle Hands (Blu-ray)
$24.96
6 hrs ago
D-Day: Normandy 1944 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
22 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95
23 hrs ago
The Rising of the Shield Hero: Season One, Part Two (Blu-ray)
$49.99
5 hrs ago
Spider-Man Limited Edition 4K Collection (Blu-ray)
$43.82

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Hellboy 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.96

Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Richard Jewell (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99
23 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Comics

Old 04-17-2016, 08:08 AM   #1
Banned

Jul 2011
Default DC Rebirth

Anybody excited about this? Any new titles you're getting? Here's a cool link in case anyone wants any info about it:

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/what...u-need-to-know

I don't know what titles to get, on board for Batman # 1 and Superman # 1, but on the fence about Action and Detective since I don't know the creative teams. Gonna have to see how it goes for Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern and the rest but they look pretty good, I can only just afford so much! What other titles are people thinking are "must haves" or giving a chance?
Thanks given by:
Clark Kent (04-22-2016)
Old 04-17-2016, 04:11 PM   #2
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Eh, not really to be honest. The new 52 was only just finally starting to settle in for me. I'll probably still continue Batgirl as always. I'm sad Babs Tarr is leaving and not doing the art anymore, but the writing on that book wasn't all that great anyways, so I'm curious to see a new teams take on my favorite character.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:36 AM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2013
Pittsburgh

Tom King is writing Batman. That is all that matters. (And Rucka on Diana, obvs.)
Old 04-18-2016, 12:50 AM   #4
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2013
Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Winstead View Post
Eh, not really to be honest. The new 52 was only just finally starting to settle in for me. I'll probably still continue Batgirl as always. I'm sad Babs Tarr is leaving and not doing the art anymore, but the writing on that book wasn't all that great anyways, so I'm curious to see a new teams take on my favorite character.

But that team is moving on to this, so all is right.
Thanks given by:
Gamma_Winstead (04-20-2016)
Old 04-18-2016, 09:22 AM   #5
Banned

Jul 2011

Good stuff to know, good opinions! Besides Batman and Superman I don't really know that much about any of the creative teams on the other books like WW, Flash, GL, GA, Aquaman etc. Having a hard time discerning which might be good to add and which are safe misses. I'm not a big Greg Rucka fan at all, generally, but him coming back to WW seems to be getting a lot of the buzz online.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:31 PM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

I will get Batman, Justice League, and continue with Detective. I will drop Action Comics, and probably start with Superman. I don't think bi-weekly will last that long, would not surprise me within a year they switch back to monthly and bring back the $3.99 price point, instead of bi-weekly at $2.99.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:08 PM   #7
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2013
Pittsburgh

What I'm looking forward to/will try out

All-Star Batman - Snyder. Duh. Plus the lineup of artists is insanity. Sean Murphy, Jock, Tula Lotay, Romita Jr.

Batgirl - Admittedly I've never read anything by Hope Larson, but I've only heard great things about her work. I will read anything with Rafael Albuquerque on pencils though. Curious to see where Babs goes next.

Batgirl and the Birds of Prey - Always skeptical of TV writers writing comics, but Babs and Black Canary

Batman - Tom. ****ing. King. Hopefully King continues his onslaught on the world of comics. He has big shoes to fill. David Finch following Capullo is depressing though.

Blue Beetle - This will probably be great and then get cancelled at 12 issues.

Detective Comics - Tynion is a pretty solid writer, but the main appeal for me is the cast. The roster is really interesting.

The Flash - Williamson.

JLA - Depends on the creative team, but since they haven't announced it, hopefully they're negotiating someone big. Snyder or Hickman pleeeeeasee.

Nightwing - Dick back in black and blue! Grayson is wonderful so Seeley continuing with Dick has my money.

Super-Sons - I'm in based purely on concept, unless I absolutely hate the creative team whenever it's announced.

Teen Titans - Damien leading the TT sounds great.

Trinity - Manapul Manapul Manapul Manapul Manapul

Wonder Woman - Rucka might be the best writer in comics so this is a no-brainer. Now I need to track down his original run on Diana.

And not really a part of Rebirth, but it is continuing. Gotham Academy is pure delight.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:12 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

[QUOTE=MrBlonde;12122025]What I'm looking forward to/will try out

All-Star Batman - Snyder. Duh. Plus the lineup of artists is insanity. Sean Murphy, Jock, Tula Lotay, Romita Jr. [QUOTE]

I too will get this title, sounds like it is only going to be a 12 or 13 issue maxi-series, but hopefully it either continues or they start up another series after this one ends.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:02 PM   #9

Aug 2012
NJ

I'm a little indifferent toward this initiative. Having collected since the original Crisis, I'm a little confused by what, exactly, is happening. It seems like there are 6 Superman characters in the same universe as well as dopplegangers of some others (Hal Jordan good and bad).

I no longer buy enough books to grasp why it is all happening - having sold off many of the New52 runs before they became totally worthless.

But I AM a little excited for some of the books, though I really can't see creative teams sustaining the bi-weekly pacing, even if there are two artists on most titles. It just seems that all their A-level talent is put into the trinity (Supes, Bats, WW) and little else is left for all the smaller characters that DC fans tend to adore.

That said, I'm getting Batman as well as All-Star Batman and really, unless things totally WOW me, I'm done. With prices the way they are, I just can't commit to buying the same book twice a month when I know they're just not going to be for me.

I'm geek sad that I'm not getting a GL book. I mean, I've pretty much bought GL and GLC since 2004 but now, I can't stant Venditti's direction so I'm avoiding the franchise, especially at twice a month.

I'll be checking out Wonder Woman because I liked Rucka's previous run and both artists are top notch. The present/past alternate issues is a really cool way to grab readers too.

Grayson was such a great book, but I'm not going back to Nightwing, even if half the Grayson writing team is on it.

What has me more excited are the Gerard Way-led Young Animal comics. I'm getting three outta 4 of those.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:49 AM   #10
Banned

Jul 2011

For anyone who's curious, they revealed the rough art team breakdown of Scott Snyder's All-Star Batman stories, it's a 13-issue limited series that is supposedly going to close his run on the character:

#1-5 John Romita Jr. (Two Face story?)
#6 Jock
#7 Declan Shalvey
#8 Tula Lotay
#9-13 Sean Murphy
Old 04-22-2016, 03:25 AM   #11
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

You know what? I'm totally in for Batgirl. I'll check out more of the upcoming series soon.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:40 AM   #12
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

I am eagerly anticipating it. Now go out and read Lois and Clark.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:01 PM   #13

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
I am eagerly anticipating it. Now go out and read Lois and Clark.
I boycotted the New 52, but did pick up Lois and Clark. I'm excited for Rebirth and may actually start reading DC again
Old 05-22-2016, 04:08 AM   #14

Aug 2012
NJ

Seen all the spoilers out there for DC REBIRTH #1? Damn, can't wait to get this and READ it!!!! I can't believe they did what they did.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:44 AM   #15
Special Member

Dec 2015
Chico, CA

With the DC Rebirth, I am now going to try to pick up these comics and read them issue to issue. I've never been able to before and I don't like to start things without reading the beginning, so this Rebirth seems like the perfect opportunity for me.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:56 AM   #16
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2012

I tried getting into comics again during the New 52, I can't seem to keep the storylines straight. Too many reboots and do overs. So confusing.

I really only am interested in Superman and have only read Doomsday, All Star and a few others...I was also frustrated at how SHORT these new comics are, hardly anything happens and its over.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:17 AM   #17
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
Washington State

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D. Lombardi View Post
Seen all the spoilers out there for DC REBIRTH #1? Damn, can't wait to get this and READ it!!!! I can't believe they did what they did.
we got our issues in at work today for tomorrow, read it at lunch. I was digging it.. until the last "reveal".

*sigh*

[Show spoiler]
I get it, they own all these characters, and they want to use them. but somethings are best left separate from the DCU. so now, im gonna read the next year or more of books wondering how long it will take them to reboot/retcon the whole damn thing..again.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:42 PM   #18
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Montana

Do I need to pick up all these Rebirth #1 issues or can I just start with the actual #1's?
Old 05-26-2016, 04:01 AM   #19
Expert Member

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by terp_fan99 View Post
Do I need to pick up all these Rebirth #1 issues or can I just start with the actual #1's?
I think it depends on the title. For a book like Batman or Titans, where a major shift in writers or character development is happening that could change the premise of the book is happening, it's probably best. But for a book like Wonder Woman, you could be fine without. Either way, DC Universe #1 is a MUST. I would go as far to say one of the best issues DC has put out in the last ten years. As for the ending, I loved it. I dont really understand the criticism.
Thanks given by:
GC Riot (05-27-2016)
Old 05-27-2016, 03:21 AM   #20
Banned

Jul 2011

Anybody else pick up DC Rebirth one-shot? I dug it. It was recommended somewhere that die-hards should also get Justice League # 50 and Superman # 52. I got Superman 52, pretty good and very interesting developments, but I flipped through JL 50 and was just lost since it seemed too mired in the Darkseid War story so I gave it a pass.

I too am on the fence about whether to get the Rebirth one-shots or the #1 issues- I would like to get one issue for each of the major characters but don't want to be buying double. From a purely speculator pov I feel like the # 1's will accrue some kind of value while the Rebirth one-shots will be lining the quarter bin in a few months, but that's just me.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Comics