Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
$38.88
10 hrs ago
Super Mario Party (Switch)
$38.88
1 day ago
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth (Switch)
$19.99

Rune Factory 4 Special (Switch)
$29.99

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Switch)
$19.99

Resident Evil Triple Pack (Switch)
$36.45
1 day ago
Hades (Switch)
$34.99

Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (Switch)
$19.99

Empire of Sin (Switch)
$34.00
14 hrs ago
Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions (Switch)
$29.99

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 (Switch)
$39.99

Call of Cthulhu (Switch)
$26.30

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 03-05-2021, 05:45 AM   #9801
Special Member

Nov 2014

As much as I’d love a higher res OLED Switch, I actually think 720p makes sense. If they include a really nice custom scaler (because TVs are not great at it) they could do something similar to what MS does w/ their back compat games (the Heutchy Method).

So, if games can actually consistently run at 720p in handheld mode we get a significantly improved screen (w/ less than optimal ppi) and potentially better battery performance; and with dedicated hardware to scale when docked (maybe in the dock?) and (hopefully) DLSS support from NVIDIA, we could see improvements all around. They could even have optional downloads for higher quality assets for docked games, but Nintendo would really have to enable storage at the dock, USB or M.2. In my imaginary scenario the dock is starting to sound expensive so it will probably not be bundled, Nintendo likely won’t want to go above their current price so they could just gouge us on accessories.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:26 AM   #9802
Blu-ray Archduke

Jan 2009
-
-
-

I still expect the revision to provide a modest bump in power and not be anything revolutionary like so many are building it up in their heads to be. 1080p60 should and probably will be the target for 1st Party games which should be more than feasible given the art style’s used by those teams.

Maybe Monolith Soft can finally make a game that looks as good as it plays
Old 03-05-2021, 03:06 PM   #9803
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
No, it doesn’t. The ppi at that resolution and size is still good and saying it isn’t is laughable.

It would be foolish to expect them to go back and patch every single game on the system to run at 1080p for a new revision’s screen so going higher for something that is not a next gen system would be a complete waste of resources.
I didnt say it wasnt good. I dont agree with you that it doesnt make a difference. Resolution still matters even if it is on a small screen and one can definitely see the difference
Thanks given by:
heyadol (03-06-2021)
Old 03-05-2021, 04:18 PM   #9804

Jul 2020
New England

If l remember correctly Digital foudry did a video on a over-clocked switch and there were only small improvements to games that had framerate drops and adpative resolution. If Nintendo ever did a Switch pro it (I don't think they will) it would probably be something like that.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Tags
nintendo, switch™