Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Django 4K + Texas, Adios (Blu-ray)
$42.99
2 hrs ago
News of the World 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
1 hr ago
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Big Fish 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.50
1 day ago
Rick and Morty: The Complete Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$63.50
1 day ago
The Daydreamer (Blu-ray)
$19.89
14 hrs ago
Mission: Impossible: The Original TV Series (Blu-ray)
$79.99
1 day ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Black Clover: Season 1 and 2 Complete (Blu-ray)
$149.99
1 day ago
Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Croods: A New Age 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.28
1 day ago
Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 12-03-2020, 04:02 PM   #501

Dec 2019

Anyone have any tips or know of threads covering how to sort the movies on the shelf? I've been messing around with different solutions, and i'm only around 350 discs but it's already becoming a chore, I don't know how you guys wiht 1000's of movies do it. Should I combine bluray and 4k together, sort by genre, etc.

Right now I have 4 shelves for my bluray, sorted alphabetical. They had filled up so what I did was I took out of my collections, i.e trilogies or more and put all of those on a seperate shelf. Then I have 2 more shelves for my 4k movies (some of those went onto the shelf of collections as well. This is going to work for now and frees up some more space but I see this being my biggest issue moving forward.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:34 PM   #502

Feb 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenny80 View Post
Anyone have any tips or know of threads covering how to sort the movies on the shelf? I've been messing around with different solutions, and i'm only around 350 discs but it's already becoming a chore, I don't know how you guys wiht 1000's of movies do it. Should I combine bluray and 4k together, sort by genre, etc.

Right now I have 4 shelves for my bluray, sorted alphabetical. They had filled up so what I did was I took out of my collections, i.e trilogies or more and put all of those on a seperate shelf. Then I have 2 more shelves for my 4k movies (some of those went onto the shelf of collections as well. This is going to work for now and frees up some more space but I see this being my biggest issue moving forward.
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=156148

This thread is pretty good with a ton of discussion and different methods of organizing.
Old 12-10-2020, 04:41 AM   #503

Sep 2020
Scottsdale AZ

Finally received my Prepack Black Media Storage unit. Most people had said it only took them about 30 minutes to just over an hour to assemble. I'm a slow poke making sure everything was perfect so it took me over four hours.

I had to get it since I was running out of space in the drawers being filled. The drawers are great at having a clean look since you don't see the cases. On the other hand, the shelves make the room look more like a media room if that makes sense.

Prepac cabenet

Before I placed that cabinet there, a plant was in it's place. I think the cabinet looks much better. Also, I guess I could have made the image size smaller. I'll remember that next time!

Last edited by thebarnman; 12-10-2020 at 04:56 AM.
Old 01-06-2021, 05:19 PM   #504

Jan 2021
Finland

So far the only really good DVD/BD shelves I have seen were made by my friend who is a carpenter. I tried IKEA shelves and they were a total disaster, they became saggy in a few weeks.
The problem is of course that, like my friend said, there's three things people usually want: cheap, fast and good. But you can choose only two of them.
Old 01-07-2021, 04:01 AM   #505

Sep 2020
Scottsdale AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pohjanpaju View Post
So far the only really good DVD/BD shelves I have seen were made by my friend who is a carpenter. I tried IKEA shelves and they were a total disaster, they became saggy in a few weeks.
The problem is of course that, like my friend said, there's three things people usually want: cheap, fast and good. But you can choose only two of them.
Is cheap and good possible?
Old 01-07-2021, 04:57 PM   #506

Jan 2021
Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarnman View Post
Is cheap and good possible?
Yes, but that means it's made of leftover materials when they are available and made when there's extra time. So definitely not fast.
Old 01-07-2021, 05:41 PM   #507
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-

Maybe the IKEA shelves in EU are different than the US, but I've had numerous Billy's and Besta for 5-8 years (wood and glass shelves) and even on overloaded shelves I get zero sagging with Home Media.

I can't answer if that would apply if they were used for books or heavier items, but I have no complaints about IKEA shelves for my DVD/BD needs. I have used many other brands of cheaper shelves over the years and most certainly can't say the same about those brands.
Old 01-09-2021, 03:35 PM   #508

Oct 2011
Winnipeg, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Maybe the IKEA shelves in EU are different than the US, but I've had numerous Billy's and Besta for 5-8 years (wood and glass shelves) and even on overloaded shelves I get zero sagging with Home Media.

I can't answer if that would apply if they were used for books or heavier items, but I have no complaints about IKEA shelves for my DVD/BD needs. I have used many other brands of cheaper shelves over the years and most certainly can't say the same about those brands.
Yeah I agree. Just purchased a triple Billy set (one single, one double) with the Oxberg doors, they're great. The shelves are 3/4" thick and the double, at 30" wide, will hold about 60 discs weighing in at 10-12 pounds, not a problem carrying that light of a load. The weak link, if there is one, would be only having support in the four corners. But having 12 pounds spread over the entire shelf should never be an issue here.
Old 01-10-2021, 08:14 PM   #509
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Old Hill, West Midlands
Send a message via AIM to mattyl149

I have a lot of Billy bookcases and have many full shelves with two rows on each shelf. No sagging. As for Argos shelves, that's another story

I do feel that overtime perhaps the metal clips the shelves sit on could pull down on the holes and be in a position where they won't stay in, but I would think by the time that happens, the ywould probably be showing signs of wear

I have seen in YouTube videos that in some countries, they have plastic feet for the bottom and the backs don't have the brown wood showing as it's got the same white coating on as the front
Old 01-10-2021, 08:28 PM   #510
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Old Hill, West Midlands

I have almost got the shelving how I want it. I think I may get some height extension units on top of some of the bookcases (I can't do all of them)

At the moment I have boxsets running all along the tops. I need to do some measuring (to make sure it works for what I want to do), but I I think I can put a shelf in the extension part and then double row my boxsets as I don't have room for them all, and then on the shelf move some of my Dorbz which at the moment are in front of the boxsets. I won't be able to move them all, just the ones on the bookcases where I'm getting the extensions

I do need another Gnedby for the last lot of my CDs because when I bought the last one, I thought I only had room for one and that would be enough

The Gnedby is too big for the car but I don't want to spend 40 delivery so I may just get the extension units when lockdown is over and IKEA is reopened and pass on the Gnedby

I do have my treadmill in the room now taking up most of the spare floor space as I had nowhere else to put it, but it does fold up

I have some of those plastic display stands I was using for Pops, but all the Pops are on metal shelves now so I may reuse some of them with a bit of reorganisation. If I had room for more metal shelves I would get some for the Dorbz, as I have recently labelled all my Pops (they're unboxed) and I'm using magnetic label holders and I finally got them in some sort of order, and it's so much better. In fact I ended up putting metal shelves where I was going to put a bookcase as I had nowhere else to put them. I do have another thirty Pops as Zavvi had a sale on and I need to find somewhere to put them as I don't have enough shelf space

As for my Dorbz, I want to least get them in some sort of order and listed on my phone like the Pops as I don't trust the Funko app (some items have dropped off there for some reason)

Last edited by mattyl149; 01-10-2021 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-27-2021, 02:01 AM   #511
Expert Member

Jan 2018

I recently bought a 4 pack of IRIS stacking drawers. These:

https://www.amazon.com/IRIS-Quart-St.../dp/B00CQGTIBI

My purpose is to store whatever doesn't fit on my shelves (which is quite a bit) until I am able to shop in person for new shelves (preferably IKEA)

These drawers have quite the distinct "new" smell on them though, chemical-y. I took apart and washed them thoroughly twice over the weekend and they're still airing out. I hear many ways to get rid of the smell including wiping it down with a baking soda solution. Well I'm too lazy admittedly to do all that so my question is: this new plastic smell will eventually go away but for the time being will that smell stick to the blu's I put in the drawers? that is my main concern

Last edited by chocolat; 01-27-2021 at 02:15 AM.
Old 01-28-2021, 05:24 PM   #512
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2016

I was lucky enough to find a guy who builds shelves and he made a custom one for me. 72 inches in height. It ended up holding 466 blu-rays.

I've got another 432 blu-rays on the smaller 2 shelves. My plan in the coming months is to get 3 more of these custom shelves (one for rest of blus, one for my 92 4K movies + 100 or so TV seasons on blu I have stored in my closet, and one for all the funko pops you see scattered across my bedroom lmao)

Finally glad to get taller shelves to make more space in my bedroom and make everything easier to move around.

Thanks given by:
AmishParadise (01-28-2021), Blu Titan (02-14-2021), ran94 (02-15-2021)
Old 02-07-2021, 10:06 PM   #513
Special Member

Jun 2012

Does anyone happen to have the 93" Ikea Billy located here?

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/billy-b...ite-s59182201/

I recently upgraded my shelves but the added space just made me buy more so I'm already looking into other solutions.

Based on the pic, there are 7 shelves. Could you potentially squeeze in an 8th shelf (or maybe even 9) and fit Blu-rays on every single shelf or would the 8th/9th shelf be too short?

Hopefully that question makes sense.

If not the Billy, are there any other pre-made shelves out there that get in the 90" height range? I really want something that's going to pretty much go to the ceiling so I can take advantage of as much room as possible.
Old 02-07-2021, 10:38 PM   #514
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Old Hill, West Midlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcx4610 View Post
Does anyone happen to have the 93" Ikea Billy located here?

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/billy-b...ite-s59182201/

I recently upgraded my shelves but the added space just made me buy more so I'm already looking into other solutions.

Based on the pic, there are 7 shelves. Could you potentially squeeze in an 8th shelf (or maybe even 9) and fit Blu-rays on every single shelf or would the 8th/9th shelf be too short?

Hopefully that question makes sense.

If not the Billy, are there any other pre-made shelves out there that get in the 90" height range? I really want something that's going to pretty much go to the ceiling so I can take advantage of as much room as possible.
You can easily have eight shelves on there. I have the 202cm height ones and I use the top so I effectively have nine shelves. As the ones you mention are basically like the ones I've got with the height extension, you could easily have nine shelves and put a tenth shelf in for small figures

I don't think IKEA do the height extensions for the deeper 40cm bookcases, or at least I haven't been able to find them. I wanted them so I could double row my boxsets and then put a shelf above to put my Dorbz on, which at the moment sit in front of the boxsets
Old 02-14-2021, 03:59 AM   #515
Special Member

Jun 2012

Does anyone have any suggestions for tall Blu-ray shelves? I currently have 70" 6 shelf towers and I want to go up to 95".

I'm leaning towards the Ikea Billy but I like black furniture and I just can't get over the black-brown. I guess I could go white but I'd still prefer solid black.

Other than the Ikea or custom shelving, are there any other super tall shelves worth looking into?

Last edited by dcx4610; 02-14-2021 at 04:08 AM.
Old 02-14-2021, 10:29 PM   #516
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2015

Prepac makes a nice media shelving system in all black.
Thanks given by:
js666 (02-15-2021)
Old 02-14-2021, 10:33 PM   #517
Blu-ray Guru

May 2011
Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcx4610 View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions for tall Blu-ray shelves? I currently have 70" 6 shelf towers and I want to go up to 95".

I'm leaning towards the Ikea Billy but I like black furniture and I just can't get over the black-brown. I guess I could go white but I'd still prefer solid black.

Other than the Ikea or custom shelving, are there any other super tall shelves worth looking into?
I have them in our office......they are more black then brown.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Construction