Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Major Dundee (Blu-ray)
$59.95
16 hrs ago
Weird Wisconsin: The Bill Rebane Collection (Blu-ray)
$72.99
1 day ago
Indiana Jones: 4-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$79.99

The Hot Spot (Blu-ray)
$19.99
11 hrs ago
Eureka: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$31.95
28 min ago
Little Shop of Horrors (Blu-ray)
$9.99
1 day ago
Laurel & Hardy - The Definitive Restorations (Blu-ray)
$42.99
1 day ago
Donnie Darko 4K (Blu-ray)
$32.99

Cool as Ice (Blu-ray)
$17.99
20 hrs ago
Saw 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

The Maltese Falcon (Blu-ray)
$9.99
1 day ago
Switchblade Sisters (Blu-ray)
$27.99
8 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Old 09-08-2020, 11:19 AM   #101

Dec 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesncc1701 View Post
They cover all shipping costs right? I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay to send when they dropped the ball.
Yep, Iíve had mine back for quite a while now, fixed and working perfectly, didnít cost me a dime. Samsung was fast and professional.
Old 09-09-2020, 05:01 AM   #102
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Jacksonville, FL

So I know some people who were unaffected by this because they warned in advance. They turned off their WI-FI, started the players, deactivated internet access, and then booted them up afterwards and have no problems. If they reactivated their internet access would they be bricked like we all were?
Old 09-09-2020, 11:20 AM   #103

Dec 2018

Quote:
So I know some people who were unaffected by this because they warned in advance. They turned off their WI-FI, started the players, deactivated internet access, and then booted them up afterwards and have no problems. If they reactivated their internet access would they be bricked like we all were?
I guess it would depend on when they reconnect. Who knows for sure, but just to be on the safe side Iím not reconnecting mine to the web.
Old 09-09-2020, 11:27 AM   #104
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010

Quote:
The borked players were reaching out to Samsung's own servers, where the problem was, and that problem has been fixed, so nothing bad would happen, though the players are all long outdated anyway, so there is no reason to connect them to the Internet, as the streaming functionality is nearly gone on them anyway, due to streaming service changes and no updated software on the players to match those changes.
Old 09-12-2020, 06:04 AM   #105
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Jacksonville, FL

Sent mine out today. Hopefully it gets back soon. Not that I'm in a huge hurry as I have 4 other players at my house, but still.
Old 01-10-2021, 06:38 PM   #106

Jan 2021

My J5900/ZF will play the movie for about a minute and then reboots. I tried cleaning the lens with a cleansing DVD kit, but since I don't have it here I couldn't test it further. I hope they can fix this without having to take it to the repair shop, which is always a pain, but only time will tell.
Old 01-10-2021, 06:43 PM   #107

Jan 2021
Spain

Quote:
Sent mine out today. Hopefully it gets back soon. Not that I'm in a huge hurry as I have 4 other players at my house, but still.
Do let us know what happens to your player, will you?
Old 01-10-2021, 07:50 PM   #108

Oct 2020
East Bay Norcal

As an old-timer network tech, I prefer my devices wired to the network. In my latest living arrangements I only have wi-fi connections available so I bypassed this 'convenience' with my samsung BD player. Nevertheless, I upgraded a few months back to an LG UHD player and what I also gained was a much improved DVD function - the Sammy was a pretty decent BD player but not so much with DVD (still about half my movie/TV collection) and when I watched a couple on the newer LG player it was a nice revelation. I had grown so used to the Sammy I didn't realize how inferior it was in that mode. The moral here is if your player is 3 years or older you can probably see an improvement with an upgrade and you'll be grateful you did! Cheaper is nice but you end up paying for it somewhere. I now have to lug my devices downstairs to the main room to wire into the router for updates, but in this case it proves to be a bit safer (my Sony TV is wi-fi so I still get apps per usual). Good luck all.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:05 PM   #109
Banned

Jan 2021
Boston

Hi, I have bought Samsung BD-J5700 Curved Blu-ray Player with Wi-Fi recently in Amazon. There is a good overview and problem-solving. Mine is working stably so far.
Thanks given by:
PopNLock (02-26-2021)
Old 02-26-2021, 12:41 AM   #110
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010

In order to prepare for the coming Discpocalypse, I recently picked up a bunch of old 2009-2015 Samsung players at the local thrift stores and made an important discovery. Some of them wouldn't update the software via the Internet or USB storage, but I discovered that you can simply put the firmware update on a (finalized) CD and update it that way, even though most models don't say that you can do it that way. Simply burn the disc, put it in the player, and the player will read the disc and recognize the firmware update file, asking you if you want to update. On some models, the player won't do that automatically, but you only need to go to the Software Update menu option and use it as though you were attempting to do it over the Internet and the player will read the disc and begin the process.
Thanks given by:
PopNLock (02-26-2021)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders