Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Django 4K + Texas, Adios (Blu-ray)
$42.99
2 hrs ago
News of the World 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
1 hr ago
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Big Fish 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.50
1 day ago
Rick and Morty: The Complete Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$63.50
1 day ago
The Daydreamer (Blu-ray)
$19.89
14 hrs ago
Mission: Impossible: The Original TV Series (Blu-ray)
$79.99
1 day ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Black Clover: Season 1 and 2 Complete (Blu-ray)
$149.99
1 day ago
Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Croods: A New Age 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.28
1 day ago
Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old Yesterday, 11:31 PM   #6161
Special Member

Aug 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergman864 View Post
All currents ratings systems could be amended to better reflect current society. The media itself wouldn't be changed, it would better inform people to the content included.

And a mob of sometimes overzealous people can include parents just as easily as the crazies.
Very true I am definitely not against a rating system. It still allows for freedom of choice. of course the debate on ratings are and always have been who gets to choose what is and isn't offensive. Which as you said makes it an imperfect system.
Thanks given by:
bergman864 (Yesterday), horroru (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:37 PM   #6162
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Rush Week is one of the rare films I haven’t seen! Might get it with my adult order.
I'm likely (hopefully. Don't want to sound complacent) going to get the second Forgotten Gialli boxset before the next HTBF sale, after what happened last year, when I missed out on the Angel Collection set. That was corrected though when I got the standard editions of those three films at last year's Black Friday sale (they have the same transfers and extras. Only difference was the boxset packaging).

Meanwhile, Powerhouse Films should hopefully release standard editions of the four films in their Hammer: Volume Four set. It's my own fault. I should have got that release much earlier (the difference in this case is the book/booklet, movie posters and boxset packaging).

With Powerhouse's next Indicator flash sale next week, I wouldn't think they would announce their next set of titles next week. So I'm hoping for tomorrow.

Oh, and I need to correct something I said earlier in the thread. I think I said the next set of titles being announced would be the May titles. It'll be the June titles. I remembered, because recently the finalised list of extras and specifications for the April titles were announced, and the third Columbia Noirs boxset was announced for May (announced on the first Thursday of February).
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (Today), Surge92 (Today)
Old Yesterday, 11:44 PM   #6163
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
So far this year, regarding the VS announcements, hopefully going to get at the next Halfway to Black Friday sale:

Dark Tower
The Fear (will this come with a can of creosote?)
Forgotten Gialli: Volume Three
Hitcher in the Dark
Last Gasp (possibly this title. Haven't decided yet)
and Rush Week.

The Utopia title Minor Premise as well.
I'm behind on the Gialli sets. I need to pick up 2 & 3 at the Halfway to Black Friday sale (Skipped 1). Most of the items I want won't be discounted by then.

I have Minor Premise on order. Doesn't seem like a lot of people went for that title. I like mind bending sci-fi.
Thanks given by:
horroru (Today), OceanBlue (Today), Steedeel (Today)
Old Yesterday, 11:49 PM   #6164
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergman864 View Post
[Show spoiler]I'm behind on the Gialli sets. I need to pick up 2 & 3 at the Halfway to Black Friday sale (Skipped 1). Most of the items I want won't be discounted by then.

I have Minor Premise on order. Doesn't seem like a lot of people went for that title. I like mind bending sci-fi.
I'm looking forward to this (well last, now) months VS slate but I think that's the first one I'll be watching...
Old Today, 12:09 AM   #6165
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Meanwhile, Powerhouse Films should hopefully release standard editions of the four films in their Hammer: Volume Four set. It's my own fault. I should have got that release much earlier (the difference in this case is the book/booklet, movie posters and boxset packaging).

With Powerhouse's next Indicator flash sale next week, I wouldn't think they would announce their next set of titles next week. So I'm hoping for tomorrow.
I LOVE Powerhouse/Indicator, one of my top indie labels. They do everything perfectly re: video and audio, and I always buy with confidence from them (unfortunately as opposed to Severin, where I have to cross my fingers every time*).

The Indicator booklets are the best in the business, fascinating articles on the movie, thick 35 ish pages, printed on glossy paper. Absolutely worth paying for the limited editions.

I missed out on the Hammer Box 4 as well OceanBlue, but I mainly wanted it for THE REVENGE OF FRANKENSTEIN - I couldn't justify paying the price as there were so many box sets I wanted this year....I mean needed this year.

I'll pick up the regular version of REVENGE when they release it, but I'll miss the booklet...

*Speaking of Severin, my order for the March Bundle just shipped, so should have some good reviews coming up - my hope is that they don't screw up the 2 Álex de la Iglesia 4k titles - fingers on both hands crossed:

Perdita Durango [4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray w/Slipcover]
Day of the Beast [4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray w/Slipcover]
Nosferatu in Venice [Blu-ray Feat. Exclusive Slipcover]
A Scream in the Streets [Blu-ray Feat. Exclusive Slipcover]
Thanks given by:
gbm82 (Today), Guiltydrummer (Today), Leeon0 (Today), OceanBlue (Today), Savage_Blu (Today), Steedeel (Today), Surge92 (Today)
Old Today, 12:21 AM   #6166
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm82 View Post
I'm looking forward to this (well last, now) months VS slate but I think that's the first one I'll be watching...
It might be the sleeper pick for Partner Label releases.
Thanks given by:
gbm82 (Today)
Old Today, 12:30 AM   #6167
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by horroru View Post
I LOVE Powerhouse/Indicator, one of my top indie labels. They do everything perfectly re: video and audio, and I always buy with confidence from them (unfortunately as opposed to Severin, where I have to cross my fingers every time*).

The Indicator booklets are the best in the business, fascinating articles on the movie, thick 35 ish pages, printed on glossy paper. Absolutely worth paying for the limited editions.

I missed out on the Hammer Box 4 as well OceanBlue, but I mainly wanted it for THE REVENGE OF FRANKENSTEIN - I couldn't justify paying the price as there were so many box sets I wanted this year....I mean needed this year.

I'll pick up the regular version of REVENGE when they release it, but I'll miss the booklet...

*Speaking of Severin, my order for the March Bundle just shipped, so should have some good reviews coming up - my hope is that they don't screw up the 2 Álex de la Iglesia 4k titles - fingers on both hands crossed:

I'd be interested to read your review of A Scream in the Streets. That was the title which stood out for me, among the more recently announced Severin titles. Did they announce another shark-related film, or was that an earlier announcement?

Have you got Powerhouse's release of The Beast Must Die? I remember looking at the DVD Beaver review of Severin's release, and the reviewer mentioned something along the lines of that the Severin and Powerhouse transfers look identical.
Old Today, 12:55 AM   #6168
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014
Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Here is a joke for reference.

Bloke: Doc, I’m feeling unwell

Doctor: say Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Bloke: Why, do you think my throat sounds bad?

Doc: No, it’s just that my dog died this morning!

Thanks given by:
gbm82 (Today), hudson4k (Today)
Old Today, 01:11 AM   #6169
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2015
South Florida

Quote:

I'll be all ears. I'm really crossing my fingers that Severin doesn't screw up Day of the Beast with crap encoding. Otherwise, who knows when it'll get another 4K UHD release.
Old Today, 01:14 AM   #6170

May 2020

what in the **** did i watch?!?! fried chicken, molestation, but i have two lines, NOOOOOOOOO.

i can't wait to be able to safely get together with people again, this needs to be seen with an audience.
Thanks given by:
anthony21879 (Today), El_Fez (Today), gbm82 (Today)
Old Today, 01:16 AM   #6171
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2009
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoxBlu View Post
[Show spoiler]

what in the **** did i watch?!?! fried chicken, molestation, but i have two lines, NOOOOOOOOO.

i can't wait to be able to safely get together with people again, this needs to be seen with an audience.
"I got molested... in the little boys' room!"

A true trashterpiece.
Thanks given by:
anthony21879 (Today), BigBoxBlu (Today)
Old Today, 01:24 AM   #6172
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008

Quote:

How is their shipment packaging?
Old Today, 01:27 AM   #6173
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2015
South Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Tortured Duckling View Post
How is their shipment packaging?
They use a box with padding, if I recall correctly. I've ordered a few movies from them.
Thanks given by:
Old Today, 03:30 AM   #6174
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2015
South Florida

I was watching E.T. tonight. Damn, that movie's iconic, everything from the visuals to the music. I'm not the biggest fan of happy, uplifting scores, but John Williams' music is simply amazing.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America