Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Star Trek: Stardate Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
23 hrs ago
Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.50
3 hrs ago
Schindler's List 4K (Blu-ray)
$10.00
5 hrs ago
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back 4K (Blu-ray)
$7.96
4 hrs ago
Shrek: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
22 hrs ago
Zombie 4K (Blu-ray)
$36.49

Doctor Sleep 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

To Catch a Thief (Blu-ray)
$22.99
6 hrs ago
Jumanji: The Next Level (Blu-ray)
$15.00

InuYasha: Set 1 (Blu-ray)
$27.99
18 hrs ago
Madagascar: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
22 hrs ago
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Blu-ray)
$15.00

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5

View Poll Results: How much would you pay for PS5
400-499 128 69.19%
500-599 43 23.24%
600-699 6 3.24%
700+ 8 4.32%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2020, 01:19 PM   #3581
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

The GPU markets spiked because of a rush to use them to mine crypto currency and now that amateurs aren't getting the returns as easily, they're not buying up all the stock causing shortages and price gouging as much imo. However there's reports of a shortage of GDDR6 for the GPUs which could result in us waiting till 2021 like you say before we see those drops start to hit. However that makes a PS5 Pro and upgraded Series X look even more attractive to hardcores with native 4K and possibly up to 120fps titles at that resolution showing up.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:51 PM   #3582
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
The GPU markets spiked because of a rush to use them to mine crypto currency and now that amateurs aren't getting the returns as easily, they're not buying up all the stock causing shortages and price gouging as much imo. However there's reports of a shortage of GDDR6 for the GPUs which could result in us waiting till 2021 like you say before we see those drops start to hit. However that makes a PS5 Pro and upgraded Series X look even more attractive to hardcores with native 4K and possibly up to 120fps titles at that resolution showing up.
GDDR6 was always going to have a low supply because noone else used it aside from Nvidia. This will be the first full year someone other then Samsung is manufacturing GDDR6, SNK and Micron are now the other 2 manufacturers. Now with Navi using GDDR6 and it being included in PS5 and Xbox X lets hope the supply holds.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:33 PM   #3583
Power Member

Aug 2015

So the PS5 reveal date is rumored to be February 5. I hope it's in the evening so I can order pizza and cinna cakes and watch it live while following other people's reactions on another laptop. If it's during the day I'll have to download a copy and then probably watch that Saturday. But everything will have been spoiled already so it won't have the same wow factor. I'd still order pizza though.
Thanks given by:
Himmel (01-23-2020)
Old 01-23-2020, 04:50 PM   #3584
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailking View Post
So the PS5 reveal date is rumored to be February 5. I hope it's in the evening so I can order pizza and cinna cakes and watch it live while following other people's reactions on another laptop. If it's during the day I'll have to download a copy and then probably watch that Saturday. But everything will have been spoiled already so it won't have the same wow factor. I'd still order pizza though.
If it's a live event, I would think it would be during prime time. Why on earth would they unveil it in the middle of the day when everyone is at work/school?
Old 01-23-2020, 05:29 PM   #3585
Power Member

Aug 2015

Wasn't the Xbox One reveal in the middle of the day? I thought so.
Old 01-23-2020, 06:28 PM   #3586
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Wasn't the Xbox One reveal in the middle of the day? I thought so.
Yes and thank God that was the only misstep MS made this gen!
Thanks given by:
emailking (01-30-2020)
Old 01-23-2020, 07:04 PM   #3587
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Yes and thank God that was the only misstep MS made this gen!
your kidding right?
Old 01-23-2020, 07:08 PM   #3588
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008

Quote:
Well if they follow suit same as the PS4 it looks like it was either done at 3pm EST or 6pm EST at the See the future event in NYC

Quote:
Sony announces the PlayStation 4, launching at the end of 2013
By Bryan Bishop@bcbishop Feb 20, 2013, 6:09pm EST
Thanks given by:
emailking (01-30-2020)
Old 01-23-2020, 07:16 PM   #3589
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
your kidding right?
I thought the emoji at the end of my post was a dead giveaway.
Old 01-23-2020, 08:11 PM   #3590
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
I thought the emoji at the end of my post was a dead giveaway.
Hard to tell I iz mentally challenged my wife put me on a diet
Thanks given by:
Omegaice (01-23-2020), Steelmaker (01-23-2020)
Old 01-23-2020, 10:07 PM   #3591
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Well I have enough $ to pre-order it now. If it is revealed early next month, Im wasting 0 time getting my order in.

Whats kinda interesting is it resets everyone equal for MP ques. Meaning because everyone will have the same speed drive, no one will have an advantage over another. Example, because I have an SSD Im always first 99% of the time to load into BF2 & pick 1 of the 10 heroes available while others are still loading into the map.
I guess if we can play BC on PS5, technically theyll have the advantage over PS4 owners even if they have an SSD installed.

2 things I hope get address with DS5. 1 being triggers. They suck in direct comparison to MS. 2 being thumbsticks. Slippery rubber texture needs to go. Hopefully both see some improvements.

I doubt well get info on cooling. If we see a small cosmetic appealing console, red flags will be raised. lol
Old 01-23-2020, 10:24 PM   #3592
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Well I have enough $ to pre-order it now. If it is revealed early next month, Im wasting 0 time getting my order in.

Whats kinda interesting is it resets everyone equal for MP ques. Meaning because everyone will have the same speed drive, no one will have an advantage over another. Example, because I have an SSD Im always first 99% of the time to load into BF2 & pick 1 of the 10 heroes available while others are still loading into the map.
I guess if we can play BC on PS5, technically theyll have the advantage over PS4 owners even if they have an SSD installed.

2 things I hope get address with DS5. 1 being triggers. They suck in direct comparison to MS. 2 being thumbsticks. Slippery rubber texture needs to go. Hopefully both see some improvements.

I doubt well get info on cooling. If we see a small cosmetic appealing console, red flags will be raised. lol
Just an overall general improvement to the Dualshock 4 in those areas and battery life would be fine. Haven't really been having an issue with the triggers but it's a standard haptic feedback version now so that should help solve the issue you have.

Me personally i want to see if we get 120fps on any MP titles. That for Fortnite would be nice and of course a controller with the back buttons.
Old 01-23-2020, 11:30 PM   #3593
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Just an overall general improvement to the Dualshock 4 in those areas and battery life would be fine. Haven't really been having an issue with the triggers but it's a standard haptic feedback version now so that should help solve the issue you have.

Me personally i want to see if we get 120fps on any MP titles. That for Fortnite would be nice and of course a controller with the back buttons.
Problem I have with the triggers is they lose analog tension quite easily.
Problem I have with thumbsticks is 0 grip texture.
Old 01-23-2020, 11:54 PM   #3594
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Problem I have with the triggers is they lose analog tension quite easily.
Problem I have with thumbsticks is 0 grip texture.
Personally since i had the original launch Dualshock 4 that had the rubber come off the sticks, i started using thumb grips. Not even ones that raise the height at first, and they seemed to really solve that issue and are dirt cheap. 2nd thing regarding the trigger tension i can't really say has affected me personally. Mine perform fine for what i do it seems.

If you play FPS games, Fortnite etc. i would say a mid height raised thumbsticks probably not a bad thing for the right stick. Then just use a normal grip on the left for movement. That way you have a 2nd backup set when you used it all up. I recently purchased a Kontrol Freeks Inferno on sale but in hindsight, a mid raised height like the "Galaxy" set might have been better but apparently that has a high and a mid. I don't know of exactly which one does a mid but i do intend to pick it up on sale should i see one. Certainly helped extend the life of the sticks imo. Now i just need a DS5 Back Button. Hopefully one thing they improve is how far down the buttons come. They seem a bit higher than i'd like personally having used an FPS Strikepack Dominator.
Old 01-24-2020, 12:55 AM   #3595
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Personally since i had the original launch Dualshock 4 that had the rubber come off the sticks, i started using thumb grips. Not even ones that raise the height at first, and they seemed to really solve that issue and are dirt cheap. 2nd thing regarding the trigger tension i can't really say has affected me personally. Mine perform fine for what i do it seems.

If you play FPS games, Fortnite etc. i would say a mid height raised thumbsticks probably not a bad thing for the right stick. Then just use a normal grip on the left for movement. That way you have a 2nd backup set when you used it all up. I recently purchased a Kontrol Freeks Inferno on sale but in hindsight, a mid raised height like the "Galaxy" set might have been better but apparently that has a high and a mid. I don't know of exactly which one does a mid but i do intend to pick it up on sale should i see one. Certainly helped extend the life of the sticks imo. Now i just need a DS5 Back Button. Hopefully one thing they improve is how far down the buttons come. They seem a bit higher than i'd like personally having used an FPS Strikepack Dominator.
I just use an Xbox Elite. It’s fine except for the bumper/R1/L1 buttons are cheap crap.

I want the DS5 stock controller to resolve those problems I have above without relying on 3rd party stuff.

Edit

For DS4 I use 3rd party grip-its. You can find them on Amazon real cheap. Not as good as stock Xbox though

Last edited by Derb; 01-24-2020 at 03:30 AM.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:35 AM   #3596
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
I just use an Xbox Elite. Its fine except for the bumper/R1/L1 buttons are cheap crap.

I want the DS5 stock controller to resolve those problems I have above without relying on 3rd party stuff.

Edit

For DS4 I use 3rd party grip-its. You can find them on Amazon real cheap. Not as good as stock Xbox though
Well, i'll be honest given the RRP they usually put the controllers on for, i'd like them to start using more premium materials. The Elite & Pro controllers are just absolute price gouges imo. However if Sony does a Dualshock 5 with the paddle/buttons it will hopefully be priced just a bit higher and can be found on sale at some point or they will release a paddle attachment like DS4. Which is BC and seems to work well enough for what it does. I guess it's all just muscle memory needing to be built with each version of paddles on various controllers.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:48 AM   #3597
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Well, i'll be honest given the RRP they usually put the controllers on for, i'd like them to start using more premium materials. The Elite & Pro controllers are just absolute price gouges imo. However if Sony does a Dualshock 5 with the paddle/buttons it will hopefully be priced just a bit higher and can be found on sale at some point or they will release a paddle attachment like DS4. Which is BC and seems to work well enough for what it does. I guess it's all just muscle memory needing to be built with each version of paddles on various controllers.
Honestly if Sony made a 1st party Pro DS5 Controller separate for sale for $150US, Id buy it Day 1.
Old 01-24-2020, 12:03 PM   #3598
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Honestly if Sony made a 1st party Pro DS5 Controller separate for sale for $150US, Id buy it Day 1.
I honestly feel like Sony could make their own and price it better than other offerings. Even as a way to stick it to MS but you're right, they'll probably price it higher because the markets are that way.

If it was maybe a 50-65 version on sale with paddles built in per the patent and build quality increased over stock, i'd probably be fine with that. However they could also then release a full on Elite style 4 paddle version as a 3rd option at the very top end. Kind of like their headsets. They had a Silver, Gold and Platinum i believe. Wired, wireless and even more premium 3D audio wireless. I feel like Sony has options but maybe they'll wait a bit for eSports to get a little bigger and create more demand.
Old 01-25-2020, 11:03 AM   #3599
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

First look at the PS5?

Sony logo on left of unit, the light bar on right hand side gradually lights up blue second you hear the beep

and boot screen.

https://imgur.com/jUyi0nE

The QR code leads here

Of course detectives prove it's fake...

Last edited by Mavrick; 01-25-2020 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-25-2020, 12:09 PM   #3600
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Sony better not mess around.

Someone can leak it.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5