Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Suspiria 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
6 hrs ago
Dark Waters (Blu-ray)
$14.99
18 hrs ago
Parasite (Blu-ray)
$14.99
18 hrs ago
Joker 4K (Blu-ray)
$20.00
 
Casino Royale 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Skyfall 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
The Jetsons: The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray)
$20.68
13 hrs ago
VFW (Blu-ray)
$12.96
1 hr ago
Queen & Slim 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
16 hrs ago
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$20.00
 
Frozen II 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.04
12 hrs ago
Spectre 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2020, 01:04 PM   #4801
Yautja_Warrior Yautja_Warrior is offline
Expert Member
 
Yautja_Warrior's Avatar
 
Sep 2014
UK
19
557
3
Default

If the soft reboot series ever actually happens, I'm hoping Disney will go back and remaster the old show properly and finally give us Buffy and Angel on blu-ray.

I still find it weird that 2 massively popular shows like Buffy and Angel, aren't on blu-ray. Fans would buys these up, no questions asked, so it's strange they are just leaving money on the table like this.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Nico Darko (01-24-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 01:05 PM   #4802
vicious_boy vicious_boy is offline
Active Member
 
vicious_boy's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yautja_Warrior View Post
If the soft reboot series ever actually happens, I'm hoping Disney will go back and remaster the old show properly and finally give us Buffy and Angel on blu-ray.

I still find it weird that 2 massively popular shows like Buffy and Angel, aren't on blu-ray. Fans would buys these up, no questions asked, so it's strange they are just leaving money on the table like this.
Whole-heartedly agree With this!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 06:08 PM   #4803
CatBus CatBus is offline
Active Member
 
Aug 2013
11
79
35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffdale View Post
I tried to change it once again (that's the third time) because you are right. Too much red. My issue is that his hair is seriously greenish when there isn't enough red. But I think they used green lights in the Master's lair in order to create the gothic atmosphere (there is a green wall in Prophecy Girl).

Anyway, here it is. (Also, the pictures doesn't look the same on my computer screen vs my phone screen.)


LINK: https://nsm09.casimages.com/img/2020...9616615637.jpg

Is it any better?
Not sure, honestly. I see that green that you're fighting against. Here's a possibly dumb idea -- could you get the skintones just right in one image, get the hair right in another image, photoshop them together (doesn't have to be that convincing), and then use the colormatch tool to try to match the photoshopped image?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:57 PM   #4804
CatBus CatBus is offline
Active Member
 
Aug 2013
11
79
35
Default

On the subject of color adjustment, it may also work better to first adjust it using ColorMatch, THEN adjust the colors to something a little less... you know what I mean. Bland, flat, 90's TV on DVD. Which the ColorMatch tool reproduces great, for good and ill.

I figure by doing the ColorMatch first, you may remove the color casts from the HD version that the later adjustments are unintentionally boosting.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 04:29 PM   #4805
Buffdale Buffdale is offline
Expert Member
 
Buffdale's Avatar
 
Aug 2013
France
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatBus View Post
Not sure, honestly. I see that green that you're fighting against. Here's a possibly dumb idea -- could you get the skintones just right in one image, get the hair right in another image, photoshop them together (doesn't have to be that convincing), and then use the colormatch tool to try to match the photoshopped image?
I guess the green should be here, in one way or another so I will leave it there. It isn't that big a deal anyway. (I mean, it's not like I'm doing a REAL remaster haha.) As I said, I think it's because of the lighting equipment they used.



Some Prophecy Girl & a couple more episodes soon .

Last edited by Buffdale; 01-29-2020 at 04:04 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 12:16 PM   #4807
Imaginarion Imaginarion is offline
Special Member
 
Imaginarion's Avatar
 
Nov 2014
Midwest
4
1372
266
90
Default

Really hate to say this, because Buffy is one of my absolute favorite shows, but... there's really no guarantee that it would sell, even if it were properly remastered and released on Blu-ray. People just aren't buying TV shows on disc anymore, at all, much less catalog tv shows. The original Charmed, which is just as popular, if not more so, than Buffy, was recently remastered from the original film elements, and the end result is almost perfect. In comparison to Buffy, it's the absolute right way to do a remaster of a 90s genre show. They remastered it so they could sell it for streaming and syndication purposes, but they also put out the first season on Blu-ray, and... no one bought it. Perfect video and audio, all original music kept intact, and still, the sales just weren't there. And Charmed was one of the absolute biggest sellers of TV on DVD 15 years ago. The sales were so poor that CBS is only putting out future seasons as MOD-only, with absolutely dreadful/lazy packaging, artwork, and menus. If Charmed couldn't do it... I don't think Buffy can, either.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 02:11 PM   #4808
vicious_boy vicious_boy is offline
Active Member
 
vicious_boy's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginarion View Post
Really hate to say this, because Buffy is one of my absolute favorite shows, but... there's really no guarantee that it would sell, even if it were properly remastered and released on Blu-ray. People just aren't buying TV shows on disc anymore, at all, much less catalog tv shows. The original Charmed, which is just as popular, if not more so, than Buffy, was recently remastered from the original film elements, and the end result is almost perfect. In comparison to Buffy, it's the absolute right way to do a remaster of a 90s genre show. They remastered it so they could sell it for streaming and syndication purposes, but they also put out the first season on Blu-ray, and... no one bought it. Perfect video and audio, all original music kept intact, and still, the sales just weren't there. And Charmed was one of the absolute biggest sellers of TV on DVD 15 years ago. The sales were so poor that CBS is only putting out future seasons as MOD-only, with absolutely dreadful/lazy packaging, artwork, and menus. If Charmed couldn't do it... I don't think Buffy can, either.
But the thing is that more often than not, People don't buy the first season because it isn't a guarantee that the rest of the season are released, People have stated this. That is the reason why i think it's always best (and especially when it comes to catalogue tv shows) to release a Complete Blu-ray set. Just look at Friends. they released a Complete set and it sold pretty well so they started releasing 2 Seasons individually, but stopped after season 4.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
GoldMotel (02-07-2020), Nico Darko (02-04-2020)
Old 02-07-2020, 01:39 PM   #4809
CatBus CatBus is offline
Active Member
 
Aug 2013
11
79
35
Default

Not to mention that what a lot of us want most is a good-quality HD version in any format. Streaming-only is fine, it can be ripped. MOD-only with dreadful/lazy packaging, artwork and menus would be even better. Sure, a proper Freaks and Geeks-quality Blu-ray release is the ideal (because that one also addressed the 16x9 vs 4x3 issue well), but there's lots of steps in between. Right now, the problem is that DVD is still hands-down the best way to watch the series.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Nico Darko (02-07-2020)
Old 02-09-2020, 12:51 PM   #4810
mredman mredman is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
Jun 2008
13
7
Default

I want this show and Angel so bad on Blu-Ray FOX PLEASE it Will be a goldmine
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 02:18 PM   #4811
batman2000 batman2000 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Oct 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredman View Post
I want this show and Angel so bad on Blu-Ray FOX PLEASE it Will be a goldmine
you mean disney. disney owns fox which is now 20th century studios.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 07:10 PM   #4812
mredman mredman is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
Jun 2008
13
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman2000 View Post
you mean disney. disney owns fox which is now 20th century studios.
isn't the home video banch stil FOX ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 05:53 PM   #4813
Imaginarion Imaginarion is offline
Special Member
 
Imaginarion's Avatar
 
Nov 2014
Midwest
4
1372
266
90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredman View Post
isn't the home video banch stil FOX ?
No. Prior to Disney's buyout, Fox already gutted their home media division; once a significant arm of the corporation, it was drastically cut to a small office of like 15-20 people. Not sure if it happened overnight, but it happened in a very short order of time. When Disney absorbed Fox's assets, they also absorbed the legal rights and means to distribute them. AFAIK, the Fox home video office still functions semi-independently of Disney's own home video department (itself a shell of what it once was), but since Disney has started axing the word "Fox" from all of the former Fox assets as of this year, I wouldn't be surprised if the two departments are merged as well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 12:23 AM   #4814
Buffdale Buffdale is offline
Expert Member
 
Buffdale's Avatar
 
Aug 2013
France
Default

Happy 23th anniversary Buffy! ^^
https://twitter.com/BuffyHDBluRay/st...06682461941761
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
willbfree (03-11-2020)
Old 03-11-2020, 01:17 AM   #4815
thecooldud thecooldud is offline
Special Member
 
thecooldud's Avatar
 
Jul 2017
The interior of my own mind
2
692
1
Default

God I'm old.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 09:29 AM   #4816
vicious_boy vicious_boy is offline
Active Member
 
vicious_boy's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
130
Default

i remember being a little kid when it started airing. It will always be something special to me.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:57 AM.