Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Columbia Classics Collection: Volume 1 4K (Blu-ray)
$112.99
 
Batman 4-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$59.96
7 hrs ago
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.96
10 hrs ago
Laurel & Hardy (Blu-ray)
$59.99
11 hrs ago
Mad Max: Fury Road 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
9 hrs ago
The Wolf of Wall Street (Blu-ray)
$4.00
1 hr ago
Blade: Triple Feature (Blu-ray)
$9.96
7 hrs ago
Uncut Gems (Blu-ray)
$17.36
7 hrs ago
4 Film Favorites: Lethal Weapon Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.96
2 hrs ago
Austin Powers Triple Feature (Blu-ray)
$7.96
2 hrs ago
Shrek: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.50
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5


View Poll Results: How much would you pay for PS5
400-499 128 69.19%
500-599 43 23.24%
600-699 6 3.24%
700+ 8 4.32%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2020, 12:34 PM   #3861
NARMAK NARMAK is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
NARMAK's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
United Kingdom
137
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
I am buying it December 2021. Getting more patient in my old age.

Got a back stock of PS+. Games to play and need to complete 15 VR titles first. I want to start with a clean state for PS5. (Yes it is odd behaviour )
I feel like if you don't have any particular thing that makes you want to buy waiting it out is smarter as you get price drops and better content down the line. I personally skipped PS4 Pro but wanted a PS5 because it finally would have UHD playback and the 120fps and likely to have 1080p/60fps streaming and gameplay recording makes it nicer for some of the Twitch & YouTube stuff i do.

If however it didn't have a ton of new things, i'd also probably wait and there is an outer shot that i will also wait depending on my circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I KEEL YOU View Post
Maybe there will be variations.

But I hope that they are down-prioritizing hard drive space. I would MUCH rather have them spend that $450 on quality parts that are not replaceable and are an integral part of the console than on hard drive space, which can always be expanded later on by the consumer.

Plus developers are saying that due to the fast load times, the games might be a little smaller this generation than the previous one.

I've already invested in a 2TB SSD for my PS4 Pro, which I can use on my PS5 from day one if necessary, so I might be a little biased.
The NVMe storage won't be possible to upgrade so i'd hope they don't skimp on it given it will be such an integral part of the console. The possibility to use external HDDs to store game recordings and images is the more important concern for me and possibly to store games when not using and then switch over to the NVMe when you wanna play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
I'm definitely getting PS5 day one. I could absolutely wait. However new console launches only come around so often. As an adult, the excitement and electricity surrounding that is about the closest thing I get to that "Christmas morning as a child" feeling anymore! No way am I missing out on being a part of that!
I hear ya. Few opportunities as you get older do tend to make it an occasion but i don't know if i get that as much with online shopping these days tbh
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (02-16-2020)
Old 02-16-2020, 12:42 PM   #3862
Steelmaker Steelmaker is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Steelmaker's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
I hear ya. Few opportunities as you get older do tend to make it an occasion but i don't know if i get that as much with online shopping these days tbh
Yeah I'm a big online shopper too. However I make an exception when it comes to consoles. Especially launch consoles when you know there aren't going to be any online discounts and there might be early hardware issues. Plus I'm planning on trading in my Pro towards it anyway.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 01:06 PM   #3863
Steedeel Steedeel is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
17
562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Having kids is absolutely life-changing and I wouldnt trade fatherhood for anything else in the world. However its definitely not for everyone. I'm glad you at least know yourself well enough to recognize that. The real tragedy is people who have kids that had no business being parents to begin with.
Agreed. I’m 100% comfortable with the decision but I admire anyone who does have a family and have brought children up well. It certainly looks to be an exceptionally hard job.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 01:10 PM   #3864
Steedeel Steedeel is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
17
562
Default

NARMAK, I agree. I will 100% be buying the console though. That is true if the next VR headset also. Im hoping GTA 6 will be out or due by December 2021.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 01:28 PM   #3865
KilloWertz KilloWertz is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
KilloWertz's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
39
997
65
3
82
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
The NVMe storage won't be possible to upgrade so i'd hope they don't skimp on it given it will be such an integral part of the console. The possibility to use external HDDs to store game recordings and images is the more important concern for me and possibly to store games when not using and then switch over to the NVMe when you wanna play.
I just recently got an SSD for my Xbox One X and will be using my old external HDD as storage until I want to play it again and then move it to my SSD. Hopefully Sony (and obviously Microsoft too) is smart enough to not skimp on the space, as it needs to be a minimum 1TB and probably even 2TB given how big games have gotten. What we have described with using extra hard drives just for storage is easily not the norm, so it would make things difficult for some people if they didn't give everyone the proper hard drive space, especially since it can't be upgraded.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 02:29 PM   #3866
NARMAK NARMAK is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
NARMAK's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
United Kingdom
137
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilloWertz View Post
I just recently got an SSD for my Xbox One X and will be using my old external HDD as storage until I want to play it again and then move it to my SSD. Hopefully Sony (and obviously Microsoft too) is smart enough to not skimp on the space, as it needs to be a minimum 1TB and probably even 2TB given how big games have gotten. What we have described with using extra hard drives just for storage is easily not the norm, so it would make things difficult for some people if they didn't give everyone the proper hard drive space, especially since it can't be upgraded.
The problem with NVMe is it's so fast that no external drive currently can match it. That leads me to believe no external drive can be used to play games off but happy to be proven wrong and maybe Sony might release a 1st part external NVMe drive that's compatible.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 05:59 PM   #3867
moe83 moe83 is offline
Junior Member
 
moe83's Avatar
 
Apr 2019
Canada
25
33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
NARMAK, I agree. I will 100% be buying the console though. That is true if the next VR headset also. Im hoping GTA 6 will be out or due by December 2021.
I think your dreaming of you think GTA 6 will be out in 2021. Rockstar takes their sweet time and theyíll likely wait for a large install base of next gen consoles sold before releasing the behemoth of GTA 6. Personally I donít see a GTA 6 coming out before 2023. Both PS5 and Xbox Series X are going to be out and have extremely well established console sales before this hits. Also Rockstar is going to be wanting to max out the new hardware of these new machines for their premier franchise. I could see them maybe releasing something not as big as GTA before then tho, maybe a new Max Payne? Iíd be down for that for sure!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (02-16-2020)
Old 02-16-2020, 07:59 PM   #3868
NARMAK NARMAK is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
NARMAK's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
United Kingdom
137
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe83 View Post
I think your dreaming of you think GTA 6 will be out in 2021. Rockstar takes their sweet time and theyíll likely wait for a large install base of next gen consoles sold before releasing the behemoth of GTA 6. Personally I donít see a GTA 6 coming out before 2023. Both PS5 and Xbox Series X are going to be out and have extremely well established console sales before this hits. Also Rockstar is going to be wanting to max out the new hardware of these new machines for their premier franchise. I could see them maybe releasing something not as big as GTA before then tho, maybe a new Max Payne? Iíd be down for that for sure!
Let's be serious here. GTA 3, Vice City & San Andreas came out on PS2. GTA IV & V on PS3. There was NO new GTA game at all during the entire 7 years PS4 has practically been around almost. Just a new Red Dead Redemption game which i'm almost 100% certain was in development for a long time back after Red Dead Redemption proved a hit on PS3. The output of R* for GTA games and well games in general from the GTA guys has become diabolical and sums up the huge problem with AAA development as a whole. They spend so long making them and if they're not a mega hit, they'll be absolutely screwed. You can't honestly keep relying on such a model. They need to seriously find a way to increase their output and make at least one damn GTA per gen and another IP like Red Dead Redemption or something new. I'm almost certain GTA 6 has been in the works since the end of the PS3 gen and all of PS4s.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:50 PM   #3869
Blu Lemmy Blu Lemmy is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Blu Lemmy's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
On my sofa
16
739
58
8
2
Default

Rockstar games has 2000 employees...they have the manpower.
GTAv was 2013, with RDR2 the only genuine release this gen.

There’s no way the next GTA is as far away as 2023.....10 years between GTAs....nah
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (02-16-2020)
Old 02-16-2020, 11:04 PM   #3870
Steelmaker Steelmaker is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Steelmaker's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Lemmy View Post
Rockstar games has 2000 employees...they have the manpower.
GTAv was 2013, with RDR2 the only genuine release this gen.

Thereís no way the next GTA is as far away as 2023.....10 years between GTAs....nah
I agree. I think GTA VI will be out much sooner than people think.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 11:05 PM   #3871
Derb Derb is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
45
3276
4
3
7
1
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Lemmy View Post
Rockstar games has 2000 employees...they have the manpower.
GTAv was 2013, with RDR2 the only genuine release this gen.

Thereís no way the next GTA is as far away as 2023.....10 years between GTAs....nah
With todayís outrage culture, I donít know what a GTAVI would be like without offending everyone who has an internet voice. Maybe they could parody the culture itself & go all in an offend everybody. Iíd buy that for a dollar.

As for 120hz or 120fps, I just realized if you want that spec in any next gen game, youíll have to sacrifice 4K unless you pony up for a TV that supports HDMI 2.1
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 12:12 AM   #3872
I KEEL YOU I KEEL YOU is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
I KEEL YOU's Avatar
 
May 2011
29
402
41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Lemmy View Post
Rockstar games has 2000 employees...they have the manpower.
GTAv was 2013, with RDR2 the only genuine release this gen.

Thereís no way the next GTA is as far away as 2023.....10 years between GTAs....nah
It's definitely possible when you look at the increasing gaps between the ever more complex Rockstar games:

2001 - GTA III
2002 - GTA: Vice City (1 year)
2004 - GTA: San Andreas (2 years)
2008 - GTA IV (4 years)
2013 - GTA V (5 years)

2010 - Red Dead Redemption
2018 - Red Dead Redemption 2 (8 years)
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 01:50 AM   #3873
NARMAK NARMAK is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
NARMAK's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
United Kingdom
137
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I KEEL YOU View Post
It's definitely possible when you look at the increasing gaps between the ever more complex Rockstar games:

2001 - GTA III
2002 - GTA: Vice City (1 year)
2004 - GTA: San Andreas (2 years)
2008 - GTA IV (4 years)
2013 - GTA V (5 years)

2010 - Red Dead Redemption
2018 - Red Dead Redemption 2 (8 years)
We're now in 2020 and there's no GTA. There's no way in hell it's acceptable that a main entry for single player hasn't been done for GTA the entire duration of a PS4. A port of GTA V with upgraded graphics and 1st person isn't exactly the greatest of taxing innovations and that's before you consider R* primarily did it to cash cow the franchise on cross gen release as well as basically transition the main cash cow of GTA Online over to PS4. That's apparently the reason GTA V also never ended up getting any single player DLC. All canned to basically have GTA Online content. Don't get me wrong, i love MP as much as anybody when well done but R* should basically realise GTA Online should become its own IP moving forwards and maybe not affect the core development of main entry titles. If you make so much damn money, hire a specific team to deal with ongoing development of that part of the game.

That said, GTA isn't the be all and end all. Honestly, to me at least i feel like R* is slightly making themselves irrelevant and IF i had to guess, Houser left probably because he no longer believes they'll hit that same high as GTA V did and wants to bow out before that folly is exposed. With PS5 offering some amazing potential of open world gaming, R* won't be the only game in town with interesting open worlds to explore. There's loads of scope for 1st part sequels and so on.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:04 AM   #3874
Steelmaker Steelmaker is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Steelmaker's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
With todayís outrage culture, I donít know what a GTAVI would be like without offending everyone who has an internet voice. Maybe they could parody the culture itself & go all in an offend everybody. Iíd buy that for a dollar.

As for 120hz or 120fps, I just realized if you want that spec in any next gen game, youíll have to sacrifice 4K unless you pony up for a TV that supports HDMI 2.1
You know how you deal with internet outrage? By refusing to acknowledge it. Internet outrage is a paper tiger. If you just refuse to acknowledge it, it goes away eventually.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Talal86 (02-17-2020)
Old 02-17-2020, 02:47 AM   #3875
KilloWertz KilloWertz is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
KilloWertz's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
39
997
65
3
82
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
The problem with NVMe is it's so fast that no external drive currently can match it. That leads me to believe no external drive can be used to play games off but happy to be proven wrong and maybe Sony might release a 1st part external NVMe drive that's compatible.
I did not know that, but still, it shouldn't be an issue as long as Sony gives us enough space internally. At least for me, I'd just use an external hard drive as extra storage to store games I wasn't playing. I'd leave games I was playing on the internal hard drive.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 04:28 AM   #3876
Talal86 Talal86 is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Talal86's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
72
219
3
71
Default

Itís possible that we get the new GTA next year, maybe an announcement late this year and a release fall 2021. They usually pushback a couple of times, though, so weíll see
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (02-17-2020)
Old 02-17-2020, 11:22 AM   #3877
Steelmaker Steelmaker is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Steelmaker's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
It’s possible that we get the new GTA next year, maybe an announcement late this year and a release fall 2021. They usually pushback a couple of times, though, so we’ll see
There's a rumor floating out there that Sony has paid R* a ton of money for an exclusive window for GTA VI. Do I believe it? LOL hell no! But that rumor has been circulating for a while now.

Last edited by Steelmaker; 02-17-2020 at 01:00 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 01:46 PM   #3878
Blu Lemmy Blu Lemmy is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Blu Lemmy's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
On my sofa
16
739
58
8
2
Default

It would shift consoles that’s for sure
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:09 PM   #3879
NARMAK NARMAK is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
NARMAK's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
United Kingdom
137
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
With todayís outrage culture, I donít know what a GTAVI would be like without offending everyone who has an internet voice. Maybe they could parody the culture itself & go all in an offend everybody. Iíd buy that for a dollar.

As for 120hz or 120fps, I just realized if you want that spec in any next gen game, youíll have to sacrifice 4K unless you pony up for a TV that supports HDMI 2.1
Well, apparently certain TVs are 120hz enabled and possible to have some HDMI 2.1 features without the actual input as some 2020 models still don't have HDMI 2.1 ports either but will do 120hz output etc.

To me though, i felt like 120fps @ 1080p or possible 1440p chequerboarded to 4K output could even be possible down the line but native 4K 60fps output is what i really hope they manage to do tbh. A possible PS5 Pro might attempt 120fps at 4k and tbh, based on how ridiculous the Nvidia 3080 performance figures sound, if any truth is there then AMD must have some sort of response too that Sony could potentially use. I feel like the equivalent PS5 GPU even at launch with variable PC like settings could theoretically do higher FPS but the way devs work on consoles means they go for 3 versions usually to maximise fps as one, resolution as another and one that's dynamic for both fps and resolution to try get a balance on both.


Quote:
Originally Posted by KilloWertz View Post
I did not know that, but still, it shouldn't be an issue as long as Sony gives us enough space internally. At least for me, I'd just use an external hard drive as extra storage to store games I wasn't playing. I'd leave games I was playing on the internal hard drive.
Tbh, i don't see higher than 1Tb NVMe at launch however 2Tb would be amazing if they pull it off like the revised RAM for PS4. The external drive to store and swap games between HDD to internal NVMe could have too many drawbacks in terms of speed. Therefore i'm more than happy for Sony to just allow us to save game captures and pictures instead of forcing storage onto the internal by default. If you want to move them to an external, the external basically cannot be used for game storage at all currently on PS4 or it will reject the request.

I think the overall Pros of the console may mean i just play & delete games a lot more frequently but what concerns me is how many times i've allegedly "Run out of space, please delete X GB" and even though there's like over 100GB showing as free on the storage.

Plus, Sony has this extremely crappy copying system that means game wants like 2x the data free that it actually uses when installing games or patches.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 04:15 PM   #3880
KilloWertz KilloWertz is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
KilloWertz's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
39
997
65
3
82
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
Tbh, i don't see higher than 1Tb NVMe at launch however 2Tb would be amazing if they pull it off like the revised RAM for PS4. The external drive to store and swap games between HDD to internal NVMe could have too many drawbacks in terms of speed. Therefore i'm more than happy for Sony to just allow us to save game captures and pictures instead of forcing storage onto the internal by default. If you want to move them to an external, the external basically cannot be used for game storage at all currently on PS4 or it will reject the request.

I think the overall Pros of the console may mean i just play & delete games a lot more frequently but what concerns me is how many times i've allegedly "Run out of space, please delete X GB" and even though there's like over 100GB showing as free on the storage.

Plus, Sony has this extremely crappy copying system that means game wants like 2x the data free that it actually uses when installing games or patches.
I had forgotten about Sony not allowing you use external drives for game storage. Been a while since I looked into that for my PS4 Pro.

As long as it's 1TB, it shouldn't be a major issue. I do like to use an external hard drive on my Xbox One X just for game storage (along with an SSD for games I play) though so I don't have to re-download some of the games I may use again. It's not a dealbreaker or anything. Just nice to not have to do over again. You would think Sony would almost have to adopt Microsoft's approach there though. Sony's biggest advantage there was that you could replace the hard drive, almost countering that issue, but obviously that wouldn't be the case here.

That's one place Xbox seems to be better, where I haven't run into issues where it asks for twice the space unless you are copying from one drive to another. A PlayStation is more "consistent" with each boot-up, whereas on a rare occasion a game won't load the first time you try it or I may have to restart my console to get everything to load right on my Xbox One X. And system updates are a lot quicker with PlayStation, with the verification process taking a lot longer, but then I had no idea about the copying issues. Weird, but I suppose still manageable.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:14 PM.