Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
My Fair Lady 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96

Django 4K + Texas, Adios (Blu-ray)
$42.99

Stagecoach (Blu-ray)
$19.53
9 hrs ago
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

News of the World 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Big Fish 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.50

Elfen Lied: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
15 hrs ago
The Croods: A New Age 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.72
1 day ago
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Night of the Eagles (Blu-ray)
$12.99
7 hrs ago
DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$12.96
7 hrs ago
The Croods: 2-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$25.23
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-20-2020, 08:00 AM   #161
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricPeterTork View Post
Tuesday, I got a single package. The carrier said the local post office didn't even receive any regular mail from the hub that day.

No mail at all on Wednesday through Friday, and one piece of junk mail today. All my packages (like my Mission Impossible set) are just floating in limbo.

So yeah, they've just ground to a halt. People who ordered Stargate through regular mail might see it in the New Year.
I have one package (my Massacre at Central High BD from Synapse) that went out through USPS almost a month ago, and it's been stuck "in transit" in my own state for 8 days now. I would definitely think twice before ordering anything through USPS right now. Stick to any site that ships UPS or FedEx. At least then, your package won't fall into a black hole or the Burmuda Triangle.
Old 12-20-2020, 11:48 AM   #162

May 2009
New Zealand
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithb View Post
You seem to be forgetting about "Mission Impossible" just being released with all seven seasons on blu-ray for just over $80.
I think you're comparing apples and oranges. Because I wouldn't pay even $10 for Mission Impossible set, but I would gladly pay $400 for a Stargate SG-1 set if it was real HD.
Thanks given by:
KiLLPaTRiCK (12-20-2020)
Old 12-20-2020, 01:27 PM   #163
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny24 View Post
My order was supposedly shipped on 12/15 and is now stuck in pre-shipment hell. No scan by post office ever to indicate it's in transit. No contact from VEI (I e-mailed them). Paid $20 for Priority Mail. If there is no movement on package on Monday I have got to call them up.
First class/Priority Mail is backed up as well now. I have 2 Priority Mail packages that are in limbo that usually only take 2 days to get.
Old 12-20-2020, 01:33 PM   #164
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

Quote:
This is all assuming VEI did in fact ship it out. A pre-shipment status is all the tracking is showing me, according to the tracking it's not in transit. No one on here that ordered one from VEI has gotten it yet. Anyone with movement on their shipment from VEI in USA please let us know if your package has any movement. It could be that VEI hasn't dropped off some of their orders with USPS yet. Obviously my expectations with receiving anything on time shipped from USPS is low right now. It's not USPS fault though if VEI hasn't dropped off their shipments yet.
Post office isn't scanning stuff till it gets to your local hub, so you won't see one till they are about to deliver it.
Thanks given by:
GeoffOliver (12-21-2020)
Old 12-20-2020, 01:39 PM   #165
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

If this set is 41 discs, then each season will be 4 discs and maybe disc 41 will be the 2 movies or the final cut version of the pilot movie.
Old 12-20-2020, 01:44 PM   #166
Expert Member

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToASTER View Post
I think you're comparing apples and oranges. Because I wouldn't pay even $10 for Mission Impossible set, but I would gladly pay $400 for a Stargate SG-1 set if it was real HD.
Give me a break...what a ridiculous argument against a potential industry trend. if you are going to use that rationale of what ONE person would prefer over ANOTHER then EVERY single release ever produced is apples and oranges to one another.

The fact is that they are both new blu-ray releases of complete series that were originally released on DVD several years earlier for more money. The fact is that a new complete DVD release of SG-1 recently was released for only $80 compared to what it originally went for. The fact is that HIGH priced blu-ray TV sets of past series have generally failed when their counterpart DVD sets are now relatively cheap in comparison.

Yes, it is possible to look at this pricing as a new trend considering the state of physical media. And for the record, I would take the new MI release (and have) over SG-1, which makes us even, big deal that means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Now, one true difference between the two is the SFX's in SG-1 needing to be redone for a true HD release, but based on little news to support such a theory, most have accepted that at best this could be HD of the live action and up-scaling of the SFX. If SG-1 were to be released in true HD for $400, I'd suspect it would fail miserably. Unfortunately, it does not have the same fan support as a Star Trek, which already had difficulty at such high pricing.
Thanks given by:
Ketchrust (12-20-2020), Revolver31 (12-20-2020), SpazeBlue (12-20-2020)
Old 12-20-2020, 01:53 PM   #167
Expert Member

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidthenikonuser View Post
If this set is 41 discs, then each season will be 4 discs and maybe disc 41 will be the 2 movies or the final cut version of the pilot movie.
No, those aren't included. That disc will contain the extras.
Old 12-20-2020, 01:55 PM   #168
Expert Member

Oct 2010

Quote:
VEI has not posted, at this time, anything about disc counts for the release. Unfortunately, Amazon has a habit of making up information initially when none is readily available, and 41 is the count for the related VEI complete DVD release. It could be a fabrication on Amazon's part for now or it could just be that VEI is matching disc content between the two releases, just like the packaging, to simplify the process on their end.

The two movies and the final cut of the pilot movie are apparently not included within the complete DVD release. Therefore, it is unlikely they would be included in the blu-ray release. If they had the licensing to do so, one would think they would be available for both releases.
Old 12-20-2020, 02:05 PM   #169
Expert Member

Oct 2010

Quote:
First class/Priority Mail is backed up as well now. I have 2 Priority Mail packages that are in limbo that usually only take 2 days to get.
My MI set took one day to go from KY to PA, four days to go from PA to DC, and another four days to go from DC to MD. I haven't received a Netflx disk in 16 days when I should receive three a week. Yet, I received a case of blank blu-rays cases from NY to MD in only a couple of days. Why one thing manages to go through and another grinds to a complete halt is a mystery, but with all that is going on combined with likely a higher percentage of mailings this Christmas, one should temper expectations.
Thanks given by:
darthtater (12-20-2020)
Old 12-20-2020, 02:36 PM   #170
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2007

Quote:
Post office isn't scanning stuff till it gets to your local hub, so you won't see one till they are about to deliver it.
Not all of my packages may get scanned at a facility in transit, but a majority of my packages do get scanned before it gets to the local hub.
Old 12-20-2020, 03:32 PM   #171

May 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema84 View Post
Minor pet peeve: seeing the dollar sign added after the numeral (as shown above). Is that a European thing, like writing a decimal in place of a comma (1.000 vs 1,000)? Lol Now back to our regularly scheduled programming
Its a European thing or at least Northern Europe thing.
Old 12-21-2020, 03:23 AM   #172
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010

Quote:
I don't know it's rare for that to happen. Maybe not with all that's going on lately but usually it gets scanned at least once. I had bought a BD on eBay before and it was stuck on pre-shipment for a month (media mail) and it didn't get scanned till it arrived at my local post office. I thought the seller was a scammer but I was proven wrong. With the Stargate BD set it's just on pre-shipment. No scan or nothing by post office. This is why I was wondering if any USA buyers of the set here have movement on their USPS package because I don't. Maybe VEI just hasn't officially shipped some of their orders out yet to USA customers. The Amazon page for the set keeps going from in stock to usually ships in 10 days and VEI sells their products via Amazon.
Old 12-22-2020, 01:13 AM   #173
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2007

This is one of my favorite secular TV series that originally aired on the Showtime premium channel. I actually like Stargate SG-1 a little better when compared to the original Star Trek series. Both Stargate and Star Tek are fun family friendly science fiction TV series for all ages. The original Star Trek only ran 3 seasons and Stargate SG-1 was so popular it lasted 10 seasons. It has been around 13 years since I watched the original Stargate SG-1 series on DVD. I wish this series would have been released on the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray format, however for only $129.99 for 10 seasons that is an awesome deal (that works out to be $12.99 for each season). Hopefully the quality of this series will be good, like everyone else I have not received my order yet. This series was released on Blu-ray on December 18th 2020, however it’s a busy time of year and things are running behind schedule. Really awesome to see this finally be released on Blu-ray. Hopefully the quality will be good and in 1080P instead of 1080i. We should also get 5.1 lossless audio in theory. A 127 hours of bonus content sounds awesome, it will be good to listen to the audio commentary tracks once again. Once someone actually receives this boxset then hopefully the technical specs at Blu-ray.com will be updated.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Starg...lu-ray/282609/

Professionally stamped optical discs like Blu-ray discs can literally last up to a 1,000 years. Also recordable M-Disc Blu-ray discs can last a 1,000 years. Blu-ray discs are also EMI/RFI and EMP proof just like DVD and audio CD’s. This would be another good boxset to place in a time capsule and maybe someone a 1,000 years from now might discover the time capsule and watch Stargate SG-1 for the very first time. However one better put a note in the time capsule letting people know that this series is fictional, since someone in a 1,000 years from now might think they are watching a documentary on how things use to be on the planet earth.

Last edited by HDTV1080P; 12-22-2020 at 01:29 AM.
Old 12-22-2020, 01:44 AM   #174
Special Member

Feb 2019
East Coast, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTV1080P View Post
The original Star Trek only ran 3 seasons and Stargate SG-1 was so popular it lasted 10 seasons.
Probably not a fair comparison, seeing how one show aired 30 years after the other.

Last edited by SpazeBlue; 12-22-2020 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-22-2020, 03:14 AM   #175
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010

I gave VEI a call in the afternoon and the customer service rep said my package had shipped days ago. They were very helpful and courteous. At the time it still was stuck on pre-shipment and tonight I checked tracking and it was miraculously scanned and has movement finally. I can't prove either way if they finally shipped it this afternoon or days ago but it's kind of a huge coincidence lol.

Still they were very helpful with my order and any questions I had.
Thanks given by:
Sledgehamma (12-22-2020)
Old 12-22-2020, 08:05 AM   #176
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2009
Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazeBlue View Post
Probably not a fair comparison, seeing how one show aired 40 years after the other.
28 years But I get your point
Thanks given by:
SpazeBlue (12-22-2020)
Old 12-22-2020, 10:21 AM   #177

Jan 2014

Quote:
I gave VEI a call in the afternoon and the customer service rep said my package had shipped days ago. They were very helpful and courteous. At the time it still was stuck on pre-shipment and tonight I checked tracking and it was miraculously scanned and has movement finally. I can't prove either way if they finally shipped it this afternoon or days ago but it's kind of a huge coincidence lol.

Still they were very helpful with my order and any questions I had.
Did you ask some details about the BD release?
Old 12-22-2020, 02:34 PM   #178
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2013
O Fallon, Missouri

They still have not replied to me about that...
Old 12-22-2020, 03:09 PM   #179
Special Member

Feb 2019
East Coast, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socko View Post
28 years But I get your point
Whoops, meant 30.
Thanks given by:
Socko (12-22-2020)
Old 12-22-2020, 04:50 PM   #180

Jun 2018

VEI does not have any consideration with clients. I have written to them several times asking about the aspect ratio, asking if they have made improvements in the color, how many BD discs the series has, etc, and there is no way, they do not want to answer. What a bad company is this
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America