Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Scorsese Shorts (Blu-ray)
$29.49
14 hrs ago
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Danger: Diabolik (Blu-ray)
$24.96

After War Gundam X: Collection 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99
16 hrs ago
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Plasma TVs

Old 10-23-2009, 12:02 AM   #981

Oct 2009
couple hours from the moonshine capitol of the world

I was kind of hoping you weren't going to ask me how I got it to work because I don't even remember. I just remember getting so frustrated after burning multiple blank disc CD-R and DVD-Rs that I just poped the card in the slot, extracted files, then saved on to the card. It was really easy and it worked perfectly. I wouldn't bother breaking one in with a disc after seeing all the stuff that can go wrong with playing a DVD. There's no moving parts to rely on...just heat from info being passed along. This time of year is perfect with the cold nights. It keeps my components running nice and cool.

I never seen fog inside of the glass, but i can see how it's possible in cold or humid enviroments. I hope all works out well for you. I'd keep that dehumidifier running for the next couple of days...as long as it doesn't get too hot in there Keep us posted.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:49 AM   #982
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2007
South Dakota

The dehumidifier will be running a lot longer than my TV. So much water and the carpet soaked it all up.

I've got the TV set up with the APC-15 and PS3 in another room, so at this point there is only 149.5 hours left to go!

The controls were easy to pick up on once you knew how to navigate the OSD. So is there a default setting I can use once the break in is done? What does everyone else use?
Old 10-23-2009, 04:04 AM   #983
Power Member

Nov 2007
Shillington,PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew664 View Post
The dehumidifier will be running a lot longer than my TV. So much water and the carpet soaked it all up.

I've got the TV set up with the APC-15 and PS3 in another room, so at this point there is only 149.5 hours left to go!

The controls were easy to pick up on once you knew how to navigate the OSD. So is there a default setting I can use once the break in is done? What does everyone else use?
Congrats Drew! I have been using "Standard" for just about everything. It isn't too torchy and it isn't as dull as "Pure", it's in the middle I think Sorry to hear about your room flooding man. At least your TV is ok
Old 10-23-2009, 05:22 PM   #984
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007

I told my wife to order me a KRP 500m so hopefully it works out...And arrives in one piece! hopefully she can check it out before signing for it too, hell she cant even mail my good buddy wafi back his Pioneer Kuro demo disc. Sorry about that wafi, it will get back to you. if I was not fighting a war you would of had it LONG ago. I have to get rid of another Kuro to make room damn it... I just cant let my good O'l 50" panasonic model 60u go...she was my first 50" plazzy, were tight you know...

Last edited by Sonny; 10-23-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:54 PM   #985
Power Member

May 2008
T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew664 View Post
So is there a default setting I can use once the break in is done? What does everyone else use?
I use Pure mode. At first I thought it was kinda dull looking, but after a day of two I adjusted to it (I had an LCD before). Now all other setting look unnatural to me.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:16 PM   #986

Oct 2009

Just hit 72 hours straight...almost halfway done.

I plan to use Pure mode myself. I have always turned down brightness, contrast and color on my previous displays, so Pure mode should suit me fine for HD/BD play. I'm going to use D-Nice's reference settings (posted over @ AVS) for Pure mode...then tweak as needed. I will try to find another mode to use for sports...either standard or sport mode, depending on what looks best to me. In the end, it's always individual preference no matter what settings are most accurate.

I've spent some time reading through the owners novel...I mean manual. lol These panels are loaded with features and adjustments that go way beyond most plasma sets. They are truly in a league of their own.

My SC-25 is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I just have to run some speaker wire and attach the banana plugs and everything will be ready for action Monday evening. It sux staring at those slides but at least I'll have piece of mind knowing I broke it in properly.

Last edited by gamebred; 10-23-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:58 PM   #987
Power Member

Nov 2007
Shillington,PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
I told my wife to order me a KRP 500m so hopefully it works out...And arrives in one piece! hopefully she can check it out before signing for it too, hell she cant even mail my good buddy wafi back his Pioneer Kuro demo disc. Sorry about that wafi, it will get back to you. if I was not fighting a war you would of had it LONG ago. I have to get rid of another Kuro to make room damn it... I just cant let my good O'l 50" panasonic model 60u go...she was my first 50" plazzy, were tight you know...
Sonny, what do you mean your fighting a war?
Old 10-23-2009, 07:19 PM   #988
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUCanadian View Post
I use Pure mode. At first I thought it was kinda dull looking, but after a day of two I adjusted to it (I had an LCD before). Now all other setting look unnatural to me.
Pure mode is the best most accurate mode right out of the box of any display to date . For lots of people it looks dull or washed out and takes some time getting used to but thats just because there not used to truly accurate colors and the life like PQ it produces. Even the 5020/6020's Movie mode is the same way. People are used to the colors being very hot, then you see them the way there supposed to be and it just does not look right - at first (to most) . Then the videophile comes out in you & YOU WONDER how did I do without this perfection in the first place.

Back when people on this site were just getting into Kuro's and saying they liked other modes better and that they looked better.... All I said was "Pure Mode people, Pure Mode, thats all you need to know". Then over the last 6-7 months people have figured out what I was talking about and love Pure mode. But of course use whatever looks best to you and your environment.

Last edited by Sonny; 10-23-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:21 PM   #989
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge1976 View Post
Sonny, what do you mean your fighting a war?
Afghanistan...
Old 10-23-2009, 07:48 PM   #990

Jun 2009
Mango Fl

I have a chance to get a 50 inch KURO in the box marked down to $2350.00. Is it worth $800.00 more than G10 Panny? Its clearence stock so haven't seen the picture.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:33 PM   #991
Power Member

Nov 2007
Shillington,PA

Quote:
Afghanistan...
Wow man! Thank You For Your Service Sonny!
Old 10-23-2009, 08:34 PM   #992
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by potee View Post
I have a chance to get a 50 inch KURO in the box marked down to $2350.00. Is it worth $800.00 more than G10 Panny? Its clearence stock so haven't seen the picture.
What model is it???
Old 10-23-2009, 08:35 PM   #993
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007

Quote:
Wow man! Thank You For Your Service Sonny!
Thanks buddy, thats nice of you.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:20 PM   #994

Jun 2009
Mango Fl

Quote:
What model is it???
Not being too bright I didn't check but its in the PX. so I'll call out there and find out tomorrow. I do know its 1080p and has at least 3 HDMI imputs. the HDMI,s aren't a big deal to me as I push everything thru my receiver.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:50 PM   #995
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by potee View Post
Not being too bright I didn't check but its in the PX. so I'll call out there and find out tomorrow. I do know its 1080p and has at least 3 HDMI imputs. the HDMI,s aren't a big deal to me as I push everything thru my receiver.
yeah just let me know, I'll check back later.
Old 10-24-2009, 04:27 AM   #996
Power Member

Nov 2007
Shillington,PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceKingHigh View Post
My brother got this one, he says he is in love with the 9G!
which one?
Old 10-24-2009, 11:16 PM   #997
Power Member

Nov 2007
Shillington,PA
Default I got my 600M calibrated last night

D-Nice arrived at my house around 4:30 pm lat night to calibrate my 600M. First off, he is a very nice guy and has a wealth of knowledge on Kuros and HDTVs in general. Every question I threw at him he had the answer to no matter what it was. He set up his laptop and calibration equipment on one of my TV trays and sat in front of the 600M until he was finished. I offered him something to drink multiple times and politely refused. He didn't even take a bathroom break. He calibrated my Component and 2 HDMI inputs and got done around 7:30 pm. He sat me down to explain the before and after settings and mesurements. I had him setup the isf Day, Night, and Auto. At first it was a shock to my system because I was so used to watching everything in "Standard" mode but after awhile I'm starting to get used to the calibrated settings. Everything is more natural looking. I added a pic of D-Nice and myself in my HT gallery if anyone wants to see.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:29 PM   #998

Apr 2008
Brooklyn, New York

Quote:
D-Nice arrived at my house around 4:30 pm lat night to calibrate my 600M. First off, he is a very nice guy and has a wealth of knowledge on Kuros and HDTVs in general. Every question I threw at him he had the answer to no matter what it was. He set up his laptop and calibration equipment on one of my TV trays and sat in front of the 600M until he was finished. I offered him something to drink multiple times and politely refused. He didn't even take a bathroom break. He calibrated my Component and 2 HDMI inputs and got done around 7:30 pm. He sat me down to explain the before and after settings and mesurements. I had him setup the isf Day, Night, and Auto. At first it was a shock to my system because I was so used to watching everything in "Standard" mode but after awhile I'm starting to get used to the calibrated settings. Everything is more natural looking. I added a pic of D-Nice and myself in my HT gallery if anyone wants to see.
Hey Sarge, how much of a difference would you say there is between D-nice's calibrated setting vs the uncalibrated pure mode? I know you preferred the standard mode because it wasn't as dull as pure mode and not as bright as dynamic mode. Is the calibrated mode looking more vibrant (less dull)? Do you think there's enough of a noticeable difference to justify the calibration cost? Thanks.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:04 AM   #999
Power Member

Nov 2007
Shillington,PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheedoe View Post
Hey Sarge, how much of a difference would you say there is between D-nice's calibrated setting vs the uncalibrated pure mode? I know you preferred the standard mode because it wasn't as dull as pure mode and not as bright as dynamic mode. Is the calibrated mode looking more vibrant (less dull)? Do you think there's enough of a noticeable difference to justify the calibration cost? Thanks.
Hi sheedoe, isf Day is great! it's a more cleaned up version of "standard" and there's a difference between "pure" and the calibrated modes, it's not a huge difference but I can tell it's more vibrant. I can definetly see the difference when I'm up stairs watching the 500M and come down and watch the 600M. At first I was having buyers remorse from the $ I spent on it but now I can say I'm satisfied. I'd like to get the 500M calibrated eventually but, I'm going to see if I can get a pretty good deal for that set. Lets put it this way, my wife would kill me if she knew what it cost, I handed him the $ envelope while she was doing laundry

Last edited by sarge1976; 10-25-2009 at 04:13 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-25-2009, 04:35 AM   #1000

Oct 2009

That's a man that's serious about his work...no bathroom break or hydration! I know I was sweating and guzzling water all day in the LR with the plasma cooking while I was running speaker wires to the receiver. It'll be nice next week when the cold front moves in.

I hear that once you start watching the ISF Day/night modes, you'll never watch Pure again. But what you don't know, won't hurt you, I suppose. I'm going just be content with Pure mode...at least for awhile, anyways.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Plasma TVs