Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Northern Exposure: The Complete Series (DVD)
$39.96
55 min ago
Drunk History: The Complete Series / Seasons I-VI (DVD)
$23.49
21 hrs ago
Friends: The Complete Series (DVD)
$46.49
1 day ago
The Originals: The Complete Series (DVD)
$49.99

Ultraman Gaia: The Complete Series + Specials (DVD)
$19.99

The Office: The Complete Series (DVD)
$38.49
1 day ago
Doctor Who: The Matt Smith Collection (DVD)
$16.99

Insidious: 4-Movie Collection (DVD)
$10.00
17 hrs ago
The Boss Baby: Family Business (DVD)
$12.96

Blue Bloods: The Eleventh Season (DVD)
$26.29

The Original Christmas Specials Collection (DVD)
$11.31

Old (DVD)
$17.96
23 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Old 09-16-2021, 10:22 PM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK
Default Hallmark television series and TV films

First of all, I haven't selected a flag icon for this thread, as it will be about the North American and Australian DVD releases of Hallmark's various series of television films (Christmas, drama, murder mystery and romance). I can't see these getting Blu-ray releases by Hallmark (in North America) and Via Vision (in Australia), and at the moment it's getting slightly frustrating with how slow the more recent TV films are making their way to the UK (since the Christmas in July season finished on UK channel Movies 24 only one new murder mystery TV film (I like the murder mystery TV films the most) has premiered in the UK on normal TV channels (that I know of). It could be that Channel Five in the UK have the UK TV premiere rights to some of them (they showed the first three Crossword Mysteriess first).

Anyway, I know that these TV films have their critics (a few years ago, and with some critics here in the UK media, they had a reputation for being repetitive etc.). Speaking for myself, I find them a good alternative to the television series I watch. The murder mysteries are a good watch, and occasionly I don't guess who the culprit is. They are like a reliably, comfortable pair of slippers with an occasional slight edge (there is some threat, but nothing unpleasant (don't think I've described it well, but that's how I see it).

Last edited by OceanBlue; 09-16-2021 at 11:20 PM.
Thanks given by:
natori (10-15-2021)
Old 09-16-2021, 10:45 PM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK
Australia

Some of the forthcoming Via Vision releases of Hallmark murder mystery TV films (source: Deep Discount):

Hailey Dean Mysteries: Collection One to Three - Friday 29th October
Signed, Sealed, Delivered: The Movie & Season One - Friday 24th September.

And some of the Via Vision releases which have been released in the past few months (source: Deep Discount):

Good Witch: Seasons One to Three (includes Good Witch: Halloween and Good Witch: Secrets of Grey House Halloween specials) - released at the end of July

Martha's Vineyard Mystery Collection One (A Beautiful Place to Die, Riddled with Deceit and Ships in the Night) - released in late June

Signed, Sealed, Delivered: The Movie Collection One - released in December last year
Signed, Sealed, Delivered: The Movie Collection Two - released in December last year.
Thanks given by:
natori (10-15-2021), Pulp Hero (09-21-2021), Wezzo (09-20-2021)
Old 09-16-2021, 11:10 PM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK
USA

A forthcoming Hallmark release of a Hallmark drama series (source: Deep Discount):

Good Witch: Season Seven (aka the seventh and final season) - Tuesday 26th October.

And some of the Hallmark releases which have been released in the past twelve months (source: Deep Discount):

Chesapeake Shores: Season Four (*)
Crossword Mysteries: Three-Movie Collection (the first three in the series, A Puzzle to Die For, Proposing Murder and Abracadaver)
Mystery 101: Three-Movie Collection (the first three in the series, Mystery 101, Playing Dead and Words Can Kill)
Roux the Day: A Gourmet Detective Mystery (the fifth in the series)
Ruby Herring Mysteries: Three-Movie Collection (Silent Witness, Her Last Breath and Prediction Murder)
Witness to Murder: A Darrow Mystery (the fourth in the series).

(*) - the current season airing on Hallmark in the States is the fifth season.
Thanks given by:
natori (10-15-2021)
Old 09-17-2021, 10:40 PM   #4

Jan 2017
New England USA

Thank you for this info. My mom loves the Hallmark movies
Thanks given by:
OceanBlue (09-20-2021)
Old 09-20-2021, 08:54 PM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2112rushfan View Post
Thank you for this info. My mom loves the Hallmark movies
You're welcome. I know it's not a full list of the titles they've released (there are loads of Hallmark Christmas television film DVD volumes).

I'm not sure if it's premiered on Hallmark in the States yet, but there is a one-off (not the first in a new series) murder mystery TV film called Redemption in Cherry Springs.

Have recorded from yesterday, Sand Dollar Cove (stars Chad Michael Murray, who has appeared in at least one other Hallmark TV film, which also starred Torrey DeVitto from Chicago Med, called Write Before Christmas). It premiered on Movies 24 yesterday (Sunday) afternoon.
Old 09-22-2021, 12:32 AM   #6

Jan 2013
Lansing KS

I believe Redemption in Cherry Springs aired in the US this past weekend (maybe the weekend before). Decent telemovie, I'm surprised that RiCS is just a one-off as it seems primed to be the start of a series.

The Aurora Teagarden mysteries are among the stronger mystery movie offerings. The site shows a 6 movie collection on DVD released this past February in the US, I think it's the first 6 telefilms:

Aurora Teagarden: 6-Movie Collection: (A Bone to Pick / Real Murders / Three Bedrooms, One Corpse / The Julius House / Dead Over Heels / A Bundle of Trouble)

Last edited by Pulp Hero; 09-22-2021 at 12:58 AM.
Thanks given by:
OceanBlue (09-24-2021)
Old 09-24-2021, 09:11 PM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Watched this week, a one-off Hallmark TV film called Sand Dollar Cove, which premiered on Hallmark in the States earlier this year around June-time (wouldn't mind seeing a follow-up, as it had a Chesapeake Shores vibe to it). The cast included Chad Michael Murray and an actress who I recognised from a short-lived series called Hellcats, Aly Michalka.

Pulp Hero, I'll check and see if further Aurora Teagarden Mysteries have had physical media releases (I think there have been). The most recent two new entries in the series haven't yet premiered on television over here (Til Death Do Us Part and Honeymoon, Honeymurder).
Old 10-08-2021, 08:37 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Had hoped Hallmark or Via Vision would do a boxset containing the four (to date) Christmas in Evergreen television films. Have seen the first two in the listings a few times but have not watched them yet.

Don't know about Australia, but Hallmark have released each of the four Christmas in Evergreen television films separately in the States (Christmas in Evergreen, Letters to Santa, Tidings of Joy and Bells Are Ringing).
Old 10-11-2021, 04:48 AM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012
-
-
-
-
-

10/5/21

10/12/21

Hallmark 3-movie collection- Crown For Christmas/ Christmas Melody/ It's Christmas, Eve [no photo yet ]

10/19/21

10/26/21

and a re-release of

Good Witch season 7 [no photo yet]

11/2/21

11/9/21

When Calls The Heart- Greatest Christmas Wish/ Home For Christmas [no photo yet]

11/16/21

12/7/21

12/14/21

12/21/21

Amazing Winter Romance/ Snowkissed 2-pack [no photo yet]

Last edited by Chedwiggen; 10-15-2021 at 05:43 AM.
Thanks given by:
natori (10-15-2021), OceanBlue (10-11-2021)
Old 10-11-2021, 07:06 AM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012
-
-
-
-
-

A work in progress

Last edited by Chedwiggen; 10-15-2021 at 05:47 AM.
Thanks given by:
Old 10-11-2021, 07:06 AM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012
-
-
-
-
-

Via Vision Entertainment

Last edited by Chedwiggen; 10-14-2021 at 08:13 AM.
Thanks given by:
Old 10-11-2021, 10:42 PM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Chedwiggen, many thanks for your above contributions.
Thanks given by:
Chedwiggen (10-11-2021)
Old 10-11-2021, 10:52 PM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Chedwiggen, many thanks for your above contributions.
You're welcome. Seeing a lot of these are out of print isn't fun though, I've got to go through my dvds and make a priority list of wants this weekend before anymore disappear.
Thanks given by:
OceanBlue (10-11-2021)
Old 10-11-2021, 11:48 PM   #14
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedwiggen View Post
You're welcome. Seeing a lot of these are out of print isn't fun though, I've got to go through my dvds and make a priority list of wants this weekend before anymore disappear.
Read elsewhere here earlier, that Deep Discount have currently got a 15% discount code offer on (the discussion thread is in the Movie and TV Deals sub-forum).
Thanks given by:
Chedwiggen (10-12-2021)
Old 10-13-2021, 11:06 PM   #15
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Just double-checked the Via Vision section of your posts above Chedwiggen, and it's not there (was checking Via Vision's website for another television title, and saw that being released in Australia in mid-November is Chronicle Mysteries Collection Two. It has the two most recent TV films in the series, The Deep End and Helped to Death).
Thanks given by:
Chedwiggen (10-13-2021)
Old 10-13-2021, 11:25 PM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Just double-checked the Via Vision section of your posts above Chedwiggen, and it's not there (was checking Via Vision's website for another television title, and saw that being released in Australia in mid-November is Chronicle Mysteries Collection Two. It has the two most recent TV films in the series, The Deep End and Helped to Death).
There's a lot missing in the Via Vision section because they're not in the database here and I'm not quite sure how to add them but there's a section on here where people seem to help out so I'll see if anyone can help me out there in a bit.
Thanks given by:
OceanBlue (10-13-2021)
Old 10-13-2021, 11:26 PM   #17
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

The Hallmark murder mystery TV films which (as far as I'm aware) are still to premiere over here (listed in the order they premiered in the States on Hallmark, from earliest to most recent):

A Fatal Romance: Matchmaker Mysteries II (April last year)
Crossword Mysteries IV: Terminal Descent (February this year)
Crossword Mysteries V: Riddle Me Dead (April this year)
Matchmaker Mysteries III: The Art of the Kill (April this year)
Morning Show Mysteries VI: Murder Ever After (May this year)
Till Death Do Us Part: An Aurora Teagarden Mystery XVI (June this year)
Mystery 101: Deadly History (the seventh in the series. Aired at the start of August this year)
Sweet Revenge: A Hannah Svensen Mystery (early August this year) (*)
Honeymoon, Honeymurder: An Aurora Teagarden Mystery XVII (the second half of August this year)
Redemption in Cherry Springs (one-off TV film. Aired in September this year).

(*) - this was the sixth TV film in the Murder She Baked series (for this entry in the series, the series' name was changed from Murder She Baked to A Hannah Svensen Mystery. Also, this was the first new entry in the series for four years).
Old 10-13-2021, 11:31 PM   #18
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
There's a lot missing in the Via Vision section because they're not in the database here and I'm not quite sure how to add them but there's a section on here where people seem to help out so I'll see if anyone can help me out there in a bit.
There's no rush. I saw that you had edited a post of yours further up this page today, and had only just seen the second Chronicle Mysteries collection from Via Vision on it's website today. Not a criticism of your contributions. Simply saw a title I couldn't see above.
Old 10-14-2021, 04:51 AM   #19
Site Manager

Aug 2006
USiberia
Exclamation

Quote:
Hello Chedwiggen, you're submitting all these as Blu-rays and they are DVDs, please add them to the DVD database by going to any DVD entry and clicking Add DVD, please

Thank you.

I'll be doing a lot of the ones you submitted as BDs in a short while after I reject them as BDs ok?
Thanks given by:
Chedwiggen (10-14-2021)
Old 10-14-2021, 05:11 AM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deciazulado View Post
Hello Chedwiggen, you're submitting all these as Blu-rays and they are DVDs, please add them to the DVD database by going to any DVD entry and clicking Add DVD, please

Thank you.

I'll be doing a lot of the ones you submitted as BDs in a short while after I reject them as BDs ok?
Sorry about that it's my first time attempting this, thanks for the info.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies