Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Warriors Two & The Prodigal Son: Two Films by Sammo Hung (Blu-ray)
£22.46
1 day ago
Chaos Walking 4K (Blu-ray)
£14.99
 
Basic Instinct 4K (Blu-ray)
£14.99
 
Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
£119.99
 
The Sun Shines Bright (Blu-ray)
£13.61
1 day ago
My Fair Lady 4K (Blu-ray)
£14.99
 
Wonder Woman 1984 (Blu-ray)
£7.00
 
The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£59.36
 
Supernatural: The Fifteenth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
£21.39
15 hrs ago
Wonder Woman 1984 4K (Blu-ray)
£14.68
18 min ago
True Romance 4K (Blu-ray)
£21.99
 
Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms (Blu-ray)
£7.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 10-03-2021, 02:37 PM   #3621
Toxoplasmic Toxoplasmic is offline
Active Member
 
Toxoplasmic's Avatar
 
Jan 2019
Canadian Rockies
Default

Just placed an order through Terracotta. Haven’t seen any of these films. I’m sure they will be exceptional!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 04:14 PM   #3622
Yurakucho Yurakucho is offline
Member
 
Dec 2015
Default

I notice Hanagatami standalone contains a 35min interview with Obayashi and a Making Of, but the box set contains just the interview - is this a mistake or an incentive for TWF completionists?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 05:05 PM   #3623
CelestialAgent CelestialAgent is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Aug 2015
Norwich
89
1690
581
5
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurakucho View Post
I notice Hanagatami standalone contains a 35min interview with Obayashi and a Making Of, but the box set contains just the interview - is this a mistake or an incentive for TWF completionists?
I mean if collectors have learned anything, itís to double dip
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 12:50 AM   #3624
thirdwindowfilms thirdwindowfilms is offline
Third Window Films
 
Aug 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestialAgent View Post
I mean if collectors have learned anything, itís to double dip
the bluray is exactly the same.
I stupidly forgot there was a making of on the original release! will reupdate listings!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
dbvsh (10-04-2021), Faustus (10-04-2021), iv3rdawG (10-04-2021), Magyalmar (10-10-2021), mattyl149 (10-04-2021), mmarczi (10-04-2021), NormanicGrav (10-04-2021), Random Ace (10-04-2021), ShellBeacher (10-09-2021)
Old 10-10-2021, 06:33 PM   #3625
dbvsh dbvsh is online now
Active Member
 
dbvsh's Avatar
 
Oct 2020
London
8
929
Default

Just got a shipping notification - a week early - for the Toyoda set. Coming direct from Terracotta
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 07:55 PM   #3626
wabrit wabrit is online now
Active Member
 
May 2015
106
Default

Just saw Hamaguchi Ryūsuke's Drive My Car at this year's London Film Festival - what a great film. Any chance TWF could release this (or Wheel of Fortune and Fantasy)? I know DMC's running time of 3 hours might make it somewhat expensive to get certified by the BBFC alas.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 08:42 PM   #3627
aewb aewb is offline
Expert Member
 
aewb's Avatar
 
Nov 2011
2
1100
206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabrit View Post
Just saw Hamaguchi Ryūsuke's Drive My Car at this year's London Film Festival - what a great film. Any chance TWF could release this (or Wheel of Fortune and Fantasy)? I know DMC's running time of 3 hours might make it somewhat expensive to get certified by the BBFC alas.
Both are with Modern Films.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Aunt Peg (10-11-2021), nitin (10-11-2021), wabrit (10-10-2021)
Old 10-10-2021, 10:23 PM   #3628
CelestialAgent CelestialAgent is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Aug 2015
Norwich
89
1690
581
5
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aewb View Post
Both are with Modern Films.
Modern Films appear to have stopped producing discs entirely, and with the exception of Lady Boss (and, of all things, Cbeebies Christmas Panto), it’s pretty hard to catch their films in cinemas unless you have a good indie nearby. Picturehouse hasn’t even carried documentaries like The Witches of the Orient, when documentaries is one of the few things Picturehouse is good at. Wildfire only played ODEON in Belfast, and even Mark Cousins’ most recent documentary The Story of Looking never played in Picturehouse. I adore St Vincent, but I’m not optimistic I’ll be able to see The Nowhere Inn at the cinema at the end of the month.

Because of their limited distribution, there are only a few Modern Films titles I can recommend, like The Rape of Recy Taylor, Happy as Lazzaro, Family Romance LLC, White Riot and Keyboard Fantasies.

Modern Films advertise themselves as female led but they aren’t solely interested in women in film either.

However, Janus hold UK rights, so expect a Criterion Blu-ray in 2022. Hopefully for a 3 hour film the compression is good with a second disc for supplements.

https://www.janusfilms.com/films/2040

A lot of what is playing LFF is getting a cinema release in the next few months and have already been bought by distributors (check FDA) - e.g. Memoria and Petrov’s Flu next year from Sovereign.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Aunt Peg (10-11-2021)
Old 10-11-2021, 07:12 AM   #3629
wabrit wabrit is online now
Active Member
 
May 2015
106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestialAgent View Post

However, Janus hold UK rights, so expect a Criterion Blu-ray in 2022. Hopefully for a 3 hour film the compression is good with a second disc for supplements.

https://www.janusfilms.com/films/2040
That's encouraging for a Region A import at least (which seems to have been the only way to see any of this director's previous films on blu).
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 10:44 AM   #3630
thirdwindowfilms thirdwindowfilms is offline
Third Window Films
 
Aug 2012
Default

If anybody is interested in the Toshiaki Toyoda set, its £40 price on Terracotta will go up a little (between £5-10) after release, so if you wanted to save a little then just a reminder to pick it up before next week
https://shop.terracottadistribution....05-2021-bluray
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Cinematt (10-12-2021), mmarczi (10-13-2021), Richard A (10-12-2021), Rutger Lundgren (10-12-2021), Ste7en (10-12-2021), WJA (10-13-2021)
Old 10-12-2021, 01:18 PM   #3631
greenrose greenrose is offline
Member
 
Nov 2020
Default

Any chance of some Gakuryū (Sogo) Ishii films in the future?

He is woefully underrepresented not just on blu ray but home cinema in general.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
everyeating (10-19-2021)
Old 10-12-2021, 04:36 PM   #3632
Richard A Richard A is online now
Active Member
 
Richard A's Avatar
 
Oct 2019
UK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdwindowfilms View Post
If anybody is interested in the Toshiaki Toyoda set, its £40 price on Terracotta will go up a little (between £5-10) after release, so if you wanted to save a little then just a reminder to pick it up before next week
https://shop.terracottadistribution....05-2021-bluray
Thanks. Did so.

That's two TWF biggies via Terracotta recently with the despatch confirmation for the Toyoda: 2005-2021 set received a couple of days ago.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
thirdwindowfilms (10-13-2021)
Old 10-13-2021, 12:55 PM   #3633
thirdwindowfilms thirdwindowfilms is offline
Third Window Films
 
Aug 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrose View Post
Any chance of some Gakuryū (Sogo) Ishii films in the future?

He is woefully underrepresented not just on blu ray but home cinema in general.
his films have loads of rights issues, so they're very complicated. Took us years to sort out CRAZY THUNDER ROAD (out in February) and hopefully we can move onto Shuffle/Attack Hakata Gang after. August in the Water and others are very complicated so will take much more time
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
beamish13 (10-15-2021), Erasmus Craven (10-14-2021), fuzzymctiger (10-19-2021), Gerby (10-13-2021), greenrose (10-13-2021), mmarczi (10-13-2021), Richard A (10-13-2021)
Old 10-13-2021, 01:13 PM   #3634
greenrose greenrose is offline
Member
 
Nov 2020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdwindowfilms View Post
his films have loads of rights issues, so they're very complicated. Took us years to sort out CRAZY THUNDER ROAD (out in February) and hopefully we can move onto Shuffle/Attack Hakata Gang after. August in the Water and others are very complicated so will take much more time
Really appreciate the update on this one. Crazy Thunder Road will be a day one for me so thrilled that you guys are releasing that. Sorry to hear about the rights issues but it sounds like you guys are working hard on them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 02:49 PM   #3635
Gerby Gerby is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Gerby's Avatar
 
Aug 2013
Yorkshire, UK
2557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdwindowfilms View Post
his films have loads of rights issues, so they're very complicated. Took us years to sort out CRAZY THUNDER ROAD (out in February) and hopefully we can move onto Shuffle/Attack Hakata Gang after. August in the Water and others are very complicated so will take much more time
Is The Crazy Family a possibility or is that a difficult one? That's really the only one i want on BD after the Crazy Thunder Road release.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 02:05 AM   #3636
thirdwindowfilms thirdwindowfilms is offline
Third Window Films
 
Aug 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerby View Post
Is The Crazy Family a possibility or is that a difficult one? That's really the only one i want on BD after the Crazy Thunder Road release.
that's one of the hardest without a doubt. Lots of music rights issues on top of being connected to a studio, so doubly hard.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Gerby (10-14-2021), mmarczi (10-14-2021)
Old 10-14-2021, 06:24 AM   #3637
Aunt Peg Aunt Peg is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Aunt Peg's Avatar
 
May 2013
Sydney
1
3276
585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestialAgent View Post

Because of their limited distribution, there are only a few Modern Films titles I can recommend, like The Rape of Recy Taylor, Happy as Lazzaro, Family Romance LLC, White Riot and Keyboard Fantasies.
Just in case people don't know the Italian Blu Ray edition of Happy as Lazzaro has English subtitles. I only found out about it after I'd purchased the DVD.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
CelestialAgent (10-14-2021)
Old 10-14-2021, 11:49 AM   #3638
thenexus6 thenexus6 is offline
Power Member
 
thenexus6's Avatar
 
Dec 2012
UK
Default

I've only seen Blue Spring and am pretty unfamiliar with Toshiaki Toyoda otherwise.

The early years set is oos (obviously) but good to see they are available to rent on the Vimeo page. Depending on how they go I will check out that new boxset, but being limited to 2,000 copies I probably will miss out on that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 01:23 PM   #3639
Yurakucho Yurakucho is offline
Member
 
Dec 2015
Default

The new Toyoda set uses the same box style as The Early Years set - didn't Amazon manage to crush some people's Early Years set to pieces? Comparing my Early Years box to the 2005-2021 box, the former has definitely become somewhat lopsided over the years. It looks like Obayashi Anti-War trilogy uses the same box.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 01:36 PM   #3640
Cinematt Cinematt is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jan 2015
31
1099
43
450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurakucho View Post
The new Toyoda set uses the same box style as The Early Years set - didn't Amazon manage to crush some people's Early Years set to pieces? Comparing my Early Years box to the 2005-2021 box, the former has definitely become somewhat lopsided over the years. It looks like Obayashi Anti-War trilogy uses the same box.
Thereís nothing amazon canít destroy!
Iím glad it will match, my original set is still looking great but itís slightly shorter than the slipcase amarays so Iím pleased there will be a few more to sit alongside it soon and stop it being the odd one out.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:00 AM.