Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Black Friday Deals Week is Live »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Critters Collection (Blu-ray)
$43.47
12 hrs ago
Predator: 4-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.96
23 hrs ago
Justice League 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
9 hrs ago
Olaf's Frozen Adventure (Blu-ray)
$9.96
9 hrs ago
Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (Blu-ray)
$12.97
9 hrs ago
Mad Max: High Octane Collection (Blu-ray)
$35.99

Christopher Robin (Blu-ray)
$17.96
4 hrs ago
Revenge (Blu-ray)
$6.99

A Cure for Wellness (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Fargo: Year Two (Blu-ray)
$6.99

The Peanuts Movie (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Heat (Blu-ray)
$3.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Old 07-13-2018, 02:43 AM   #101

Sep 2017
Minchinbury, NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateralspin View Post
A 30-page booklet does not a collector’s set make.
Definitely agree, it's basically another money grab.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:10 AM   #102
Power Member

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-

I'm very confused about this release. I could have sworn this was confirmed Region B locked back near release though I can't find a post in any of the multiple T2 threads even mentioning it one way or the other. There are a couple entries in the database saying AUS T2 3D is region free which escaped pretty much everyone in the 3D threads notice, but both entries are by users who have no history or other posts and were done on consecutive days which make me a little suspicious

Could someone(s) confirm and double check for Region A status?

AmazonUS 3rd Party is selling the AUS Import as Region Free so some interest has been rekindled.

Last edited by hariseldon; 09-18-2018 at 06:27 AM.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:30 AM   #103

Apr 2016
Brisbane, QLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
I'm very confused about this release. I could have sworn this was confirmed Region B locked back near release though I can't find a post in any of the multiple T2 threads even mentioning it one way or the other. There are a couple entries in the database saying AUS T2 3D is region free which escaped pretty much everyone in the 3D threads notice, but both entries are by users who have no history or other posts and were done on consecutive days which make me a little suspicious

Could someone(s) confirm and double check for Region A status?

AmazonUS 3rd Party is selling the AUS Import as Region Free so some interest has been rekindled.
Cev answered this on the previous page;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevolution View Post
The 3D disc is region B locked, and the 2D only disc is as well.
He isn't as active anymore, but generally was on point when it came to this sort of stuff.
Thanks given by:
hariseldon (09-18-2018)
Old 09-18-2018, 07:28 AM   #104
Power Member

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightformula1 View Post
Cev answered this on the previous page;

He isn't as active anymore, but generally was on point when it came to this sort of stuff.

I knew I had seen it before and actually thought Davidian or Cevolution had answered it, but I couldn't come up with a search combo to pull it up.

Sadly I even scanned/read the thread back to early Nov and still missed the post. Thanks for pointing it out. I'm not sure what to do with the database entry that appears to be an error.

Even worse I was even quoted in his post as the one asking the question and still looked right past it (I knew I had asked back then). It's hell getting old and watching your faculties not so slowly ebb away -- maybe I can blame it on the 2 inches of rain and 25mph winds Hurricane Florence lashed me with this week (heck of a lot better than the 50-60mph and 10+inches they had forecast for us on Thursday. Unfortunately the coastal foks got their share and mine too.

Last edited by hariseldon; 09-18-2018 at 07:48 AM.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:51 AM   #105
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2016

Actually the entry on this site for the 3D disc has two users confirming it to be region free... so clearly only the 2D disc is B-locked.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:22 AM   #106
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister_M View Post
Actually the entry on this site for the 3D disc has two users confirming it to be region free... so clearly only the 2D disc is B-locked.
I just tested my copy again in my Oppo 105 (which has a region free kit installed), and got the same results. My Australian 3D disc (which is from the first pressing) is region B locked.
Thanks given by:
hariseldon (09-20-2018)
Old 09-18-2018, 11:31 AM   #107
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2016

Quote:
I just tested my copy again in my Oppo 105 (which has a region free kit installed), and got the same results. My Australian 3D disc (which is from the first pressing) is region B locked.
Perhaps it'd be a good idea to somehow call attention to those false entries in the database I guess Last thing we need is people putting false information on the site.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:51 PM   #108
Power Member

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister_M View Post
Quote:
Thank you again. I thought I remembered a discussion about the lack of a Region A version in December and was almost certain I had asked about it, but I just couldn't see the answer even with the post sitting in plain site. I even found posts in 2 different forums where I passed along the information of the AUS disc being locked and knew I had good information of that.

That's why when I saw the Amazon listing and the database entry stating region Free designation it shocked me. Seeing those 2 entries on July 29 and July 30 both from posters who apparently registered on May 8th and have no other activity of any kind before or after jumps out as a bit odd (to be nice about it). Intentional or unintentional those entries appear incorrect.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia