Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
House of Wax 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Taza, Son of Cochise 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.62

The LEGO Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Dolphins and Whales: Tribes of the Ocean 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

The Legend of Hercules 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99

The Green Hornet 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Parasite 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.60

The Smurfs 2 in 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Pixels 3D (Blu-ray)
$6.96

Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.96

Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.70

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 04-11-2020, 06:26 PM   #1

Feb 2015
London, England
Brazil The Illusionauts aka Freedom Force 3D Blu-ray (2012) [Region Free]

Since it ends up getting mentioned in other threads a lot, I thought we'd better have a solo thread for this animated feature.

A German edition looks to have been planned but never released so ultimately it was only made available on 3D Blu-ray in China, Brazil and Turkey - please note that the Turkish edition has issues so is best avoided. I own the Brazilian edition (Os Ilusionautas). That and the Chinese edition both include English audio and are region free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixote View Post

Does anyone else own this? I tried watching this for the second time today and it’s messed up. It goes from nice 3D to being out of focus every minute or so. Sometimes the out of focus parts last a few seconds, other times longer. It’s very strange, it even happens mid scene. I know Amazon Germany had this up for preorder at one point but it never came out, I’m wondering if it’s because they saw that someone messed up the master? It’s either the master or some kind of bug with my projector, but I’ve never seen something like this before. I’ve tried Sony and Panasonic players and the same result on both. A shame really because the menu has very nice 3D sequences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchung30 View Post
Yup, the Turkish release of The Illusionauts is flawed. I observed the same errors you did. Get the Brazilian release (Os Ilusionautas)-- it does not suffer from these glitches and is nearly error free.

And if you read the Bolts & Blip thread, I found the opposite is true.

3-D Bolts & Blip-- buy Turkish
3-D The Illusionauts-- buy Brazilian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
Have no problem with the Chinese release
English DTS-HD 5.1 track
Purchased from Amazon China in 2014.

Attachment 235634

Last edited by the13thman; 04-11-2020 at 07:22 PM.
Thanks given by:
br3ttD (04-11-2020), deltatauhobbit (04-11-2020), fatboy1111 (04-17-2020)
Old 04-17-2020, 01:00 AM   #2
Power Member

Nov 2012
Kentwood, LA.

My copy was shipped over a month ago and I still have not received it. If I ever get my copy I will comment on the movie and the 3D.
Old 04-17-2020, 08:28 AM   #3

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartfrog298 View Post
My copy was shipped over a month ago and I still have not received it. If I ever get my copy I will comment on the movie and the 3D.
Did you buy the Brazilian edition or the Turkish one?
Old 04-17-2020, 01:17 PM   #4
Power Member

Nov 2012
Kentwood, LA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
Did you buy the Brazilian edition or the Turkish one?
Unfortunately the Turkish one. At the time I had no clue that I had a choice. Hope I don't face the issues everyone else has had with this version but I am anticipating that I will.
Old 04-17-2020, 03:38 PM   #5

Nov 2014
-
-

I tried with my usual Brazilian supplier and he told me the brazilian edition is put of print. A shame. This movie looks like allot of fun in 3D.
Old 04-17-2020, 05:29 PM   #6
Power Member

Nov 2012
Kentwood, LA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazina31 View Post
I tried with my usual Brazilian supplier and he told me the brazilian edition is put of print. A shame. This movie looks like allot of fun in 3D.
Well, I hope the Turkish version will play without issues but everyone that has it has had problems with the disc being buggy.
Old 04-25-2020, 03:56 PM   #7
Power Member

Nov 2012
Kentwood, LA.

I received my copy today from Turkey. Getting ready to give it a watch. I will let you all know how it played out. Hoping for a good watch but from what I read I am not expecting an error free disc.

Update: Unwatchable in 3D. 2D plays fine. Gonna contact the seller and see if I can get a refund.

Last edited by dartfrog298; 04-25-2020 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-25-2020, 06:18 PM   #8

Feb 2006

Is there a place anyone would recommend I buy the Brazillian version from? I checked eBay and Livraria Cultura with no results, unfortunately. Thanks for your help!
Old 04-25-2020, 06:58 PM   #9
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-

I haven't seen the Brazil item at any retail site in a long time and certainly not one of the stores that ships international. I don't think AmazonBrazil has had it in stock.

The best suggestion I can think of would be to get someone in Brazil to buy it for you and ship it. I was able to see a few copies for sale (mostly used) at a couple of auction or re-sale sites similar to Ebay.

if have a contact and go that route it might be interesting to see if you get ahold of a few more of the less common 3D titles like Planes 2 (Aviões 2 Herois Do Fogo Ao Resgate). That disc has become extremely hard to find anywhere since Sanborns (MX) stopped shipping to the US. Shipping multiple items might at least make the shipping costs less awful.
Old 04-25-2020, 07:07 PM   #10

Feb 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
I haven't seen the Brazil item at any retail site in a long time and certainly not one of the stores that ships international. I don't think AmazonBrazil has had it in stock.

The best suggestion I can think of would be to get someone in Brazil to buy it for you and ship it. I was able to see a few copies for sale (mostly used) at a couple of auction or re-sale sites similar to Ebay.

if have a contact and go that route it might be interesting to see if you get ahold of a few more of the less common 3D titles like Planes 2 (Aviões 2 Herois Do Fogo Ao Resgate). That disc has become extremely hard to find anywhere since Sanborns (MX) stopped shipping to the US. Shipping multiple items might at least make the shipping costs less awful.
Thank you for the suggestion! I don't have many contacts, unfortunately, but I'll continue to keep an eye out on eBay!

I actually have Aviões 2, and it's currently available at Livraria Cultura (for a really good price) if you were looking for that. Signing up for the first time can be a bit of pain, but totally worth it!

Thanks again!

EDIT: Actually, you may have originally helped me with the signing up process, ha!
Old 04-25-2020, 07:22 PM   #11
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesmaster75 View Post
Thank you for the suggestion! I don't have many contacts, unfortunately, but I'll continue to keep an eye out on eBay!

I actually have Aviões 2, and it's currently available at Livraria Cultura (for a really good price) if you were looking for that. Signing up for the first time can be a bit of pain, but totally worth it!

Thanks again!

EDIT: Actually, you may have originally helped me with the signing up process, ha!
Possibly on the signup issue.
I didn't realize Planes 2 was back in stock there. When I was doing orders for Bigfoot Jr it was OOS or I would likely have added a few copies to an order. I can't tell if LC is shipping internationally right now at all. I can't get past the Cart screen

I do have the Mexican version I bought many years ago. Mixup Mx had some copies a couple months ago, but now they appear OOS too. Price wasn't too bad, but shipping for less than 5-10 items was pretty expensive

Last edited by hariseldon; 04-25-2020 at 07:34 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies