Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Gentlemen 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Flesh Eating Mothers (Blu-ray)
$13.99

1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Incredible Hulk (Blu-ray)
$5.99
15 hrs ago
Zombieland: Double Tap 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$22.96
1 hr ago
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Set 5 - Diamond is Unbreakable Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Unforgiven 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
2 hrs ago
Watchmen: An HBO Limited Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Spider-Man: Far from Home 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Bloodshot (Blu-ray)
$17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5

Old 04-10-2020, 12:01 AM   #1
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2012
NJ
Default MicroMan

Quote:
A new PS5 and Xbox Series X game has been announced by Polish developer Glob Games Studio. More specifically, the Warsaw-based developer has revealed its new game, MicroMan, an arcade adventure game about a man who has been shrunk to insect size.

“Our new game will allow you to look at the human world from a completely fresh perspective,” said Glob Games Studio vice president Karol Marcinkowski while speaking about the game. “MicroMan will have to face adversities that the average person would not even think of. We will provide the players with a surprising, dynamic and—at the same time—very multifaceted adventure. We will be fighting rats, running away from a hedgehog, looking for a way to get on the bus, or trying to avoid getting crushed by human feet. And these are just some of the things MicroMan will offer. All this will be wrapped in stylish audio and visuals and sprinkled with a good dose of good humor.”

"The player’s goal will be to find a way to return to his normal size," adds the official description. "As the developers explain, the road to achieve this will not be short and easy, and the gameplay itself will be very diverse and include various interesting and surprising elements. The game will involve face-offs with powerful enemies (such as ants, frogs and hedgehogs), unusual means of transport (e.g. a butterfly), thinking how to overcome obstacles and making sure the hero is in good physical condition. The creators have also announced that MicroMan will feature decisions that will directly affect the gameplay."

MicroMan will debut in the second half of 2021 via the PC, and then will later come to the aforementioned trio of consoles. Source

Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (04-11-2020)
Old 04-10-2020, 12:44 AM   #2
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

Yikes

an obvious attempt to capitalize on next gen news, yet they didn’t even bother to pick a decent soundtrack
Old 04-11-2020, 06:07 PM   #3
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA
Lightbulb

If MicroMan on PS5 is an open world game, I'm interested. If it's linear levels then my interest will be much less, since it reduces replay value IMO.

The concept is fun, in that it's something I always imagined being able to do as a kid, when playing with my M.A.S.K. tiny figures, imagining they were shrunk down and had to traverse my room and all the obstacles in it.

Reminds me of the FFXV demo, where you're a tiny character in a giant sized kid's room. I think I deleted that demo awhile back, thinking that story segment would be in the final game, but it wasn't.

The animations in this game MicroMan could use improvement, as they seem stiff and a bit robotic, speaking as an animator myself. It serves the purpose though, but it shows there is room for improvement, and makes the game seem like it was from a small developer just getting started with game animation. Like on the skateboard, that looks a bit clumsy, and when the tiny guy reacts to the shrinking machine too. No big deal though.
Old 04-11-2020, 08:30 PM   #4
Special Member

Aug 2017

going to be crawling up some dresses in this game
Old 04-11-2020, 11:21 PM   #5
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

With the graphics, I hope the blur effect can be shut off while on the skateboard in the city. That blur effect is neat, but not when I want to see what far ahead of me. Just Cause 2 was notorious for blurring all the backgrounds in the far distance, ruining the fun of gazing out into the far view towards your next trek to visit.

The battle with the ant seems like a cool idea. Dodging shoes seems tough. I like the idea of flying on the back of a Monarch Butterfly if we can steer it. Once again in that scene, the backgrounds are blurred, which I'm not a fan of in an open world game. Maybe it's just a cinematic trailer effect they're going for and it's not in the final game.

I like the concept, but I'm on the fence till I see more gameplay.
Old 04-17-2020, 12:18 AM   #6
Power Member

Aug 2015

So like Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, the game.
Old 04-26-2020, 01:55 AM   #7
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

I'm guessing based on the trailer, this will be a level based game with limited open map freedom, kind of like A Dog's Life on PS2.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5