Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Gentlemen 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Flesh Eating Mothers (Blu-ray)
$13.99

1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Incredible Hulk (Blu-ray)
$5.99
15 hrs ago
Zombieland: Double Tap 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$22.96
1 hr ago
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Set 5 - Diamond is Unbreakable Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Unforgiven 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 hr ago
Watchmen: An HBO Limited Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Spider-Man: Far from Home 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Bloodshot (Blu-ray)
$17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion

Old 05-02-2020, 04:20 AM   #1

Sep 2017
Default Is there any way to sort my collection by price paid?

Hey all!

First of all, I just want to say how much I love this site. May it live long and prosper. I've been collecting blurays on and off since about 2013. I've used this site countless times over the years to gather info about which releases I should get, and whether or not some films even have bluray releases.

Recently, I've started logging all of the films I own using the "my collection" feature. I'm not even halfway, as I have been meticulous about making sure I add the correct releases that I own, and that I input the price I actually paid for each SKU to the best of my recollection. I've looked up receipts whenever possible to make sure it's all correct, because I have this morbid curiosity of knowing how much my entire collection has cost me over the years.

In "My Collection" there's a ton of wonderful stats pages and ways to sort, but I can't seem to find any way to sort or even view *just* by price. Not price tracking via Amazon, but the price that I inputted when I added each item. Is there any way to do so? Ideally, I would like to get a list of each release with the prices I paid for them, as well as the sum total of those prices.

Anyways, you guys rock, let's hope physical media holds on for a few more years at least.

TL;DR how do I look at my collection and sort by *only* the price I paid for them? And is there a way to see the total of how much I've spent without having to add up by hand each "price" I've inputted?
Old 05-02-2020, 06:49 AM   #2
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-

Not sure if this is what you're asking

Go to My Collection.
To the right of the Sort by Title dropdown menu -- Change to the middle display style with thumbnails and text

Change the Sort by Title to Sort by Price Paid (increasing or decreasing)

From your public page, did you pay $160 for Harry Potter 1-8 4K?

100 items per page and it lists a price under the itme description for most of them
On the Thumbnail only or text only I can't see your price paid, just the Amazon current price.

I am not aware of a way to do a cumulative price paid directly, but a workaround method.
I'm also not aware of a way to change the basic column headers to make a custom list, but someone my know a way --
Go to MY COLLECTION and click the "Printer Friendly" tab in the menu.

It appears from that table you could easily do a Copy/Paste of the whole list to EXCEL and do a sum of the Price Column without too much trouble. I'm pretty basic with spreadsheets, but
[Show spoiler] I got 5800 for your list
and it only took a couple minutes. Since you have a few in International currencies it's less than exact
Old 05-04-2020, 04:04 AM   #3

Sep 2017

Thanks so much, that is super helpful!

Yeah, that's more or less what I was trying to get to, sorry if I didn't communicate it too well in the original post. A total of the prices paid, as I've estimated it on each release. Good to know there isn't a built-in way to do it, but you can at least sort. I figured out the printer-friendly trick but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't over-complicating it.

And yes, I did pay that much for the Harry Potter 4K collection, it was the pre-order price I think. Some releases I just didn't wait for :P

Thanks again!
Old 05-05-2020, 08:17 PM   #4
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer1one1 View Post

And yes, I did pay that much for the Harry Potter 4K collection, it was the pre-order price I think. Some releases I just didn't wait for :P

Thanks again!
I actually wasn't commenting on the price paid so much as if that was the your entry and not some forum addition. It was just at the top of the list. I know many folks that paid full price or more for it opening week -- $200+ counting tax in some places (or far more ordered internationally since many hated the UK boxset and at least could recoup some of teh money selling the digitals back to US people)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion

Tags
collection, price, total price paid