Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Gentlemen 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Flesh Eating Mothers (Blu-ray)
$13.99

1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Incredible Hulk (Blu-ray)
$5.99
15 hrs ago
Zombieland: Double Tap 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$22.96
1 hr ago
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Set 5 - Diamond is Unbreakable Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Unforgiven 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
2 hrs ago
Watchmen: An HBO Limited Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Spider-Man: Far from Home 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Bloodshot (Blu-ray)
$17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Old 04-21-2020, 05:43 AM   #1

Jan 2018
Sweden
Default Which is the best DVD version of Koi Mil Gaya?

I've almost completed my Krrish collection, but the Koi Mil Gaya DVD I have is atrocious. Which one should I get?
Old 04-23-2020, 07:40 PM   #2

Jan 2014
Mumbai

The out of print DVD by Yash Raj Films is anamorphic widescreen, has a Dolby Digital 5.1 mix. Here are some screenshots. http://www.zulm.net/forums/viewtopic...=4322&start=60

There were other DVDs by Ultra and Eros but they were really bad quality. The version of Koi Mil Gaya that streams on Netflix is of bad quality.
Thanks given by:
SimonM7 (04-25-2020)
Old 04-24-2020, 03:10 PM   #3

Jan 2018
Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDCS View Post
The out of print DVD by Yash Raj Films is anamorphic widescreen, has a Dolby Digital 5.1 mix. Here are some screenshots. http://www.zulm.net/forums/viewtopic...=4322&start=60

There were other DVDs by Ultra and Eros but they were really bad quality. The version of Koi Mil Gaya that streams on Netflix is of bad quality.
Thank you so much for your reply! This trilogy are the first bollywood movies I saw and what made me get ssssuper into bollywood, so they mean a lot to me. I'm so happy I finally managed to secure a blu-ray of Krrish, and a good version of this is all I need to complete my collection.

The yash raj DVD, is that this one? This is fairly readily available on ebay and such.

Old 04-24-2020, 04:24 PM   #4

Jan 2014
Mumbai

The fact of the matter is that this edition of the movie is out of print, and has been so for more than a decade. Therefore, it makes it less of a possibility that DVDs that you find online labeled as the Yash Raj Films edition would be:-
- Brand new and sealed copies
- discs in a working condition
- genuine pressings of the film

I would strongly urge you to contact the online retailers to ensure that these DVDs are in good and a working condition.

Mind you, this edition of the film is not perfect by any means. The DVD is hard telecined, has a watermarked logo that appears at the beginning of the song numbers, and has chances of disc corruption. Nevertheless, the quality is miles ahead of the alternative DVDs by Eros entertainment and Ultra; and has some special features too!

I'd be happy if you could find a surviving copy of this DVD, but you need to realize that the odds are low.

I hope this helps!
Thanks given by:
SimonM7 (04-25-2020)
Old 04-25-2020, 05:14 PM   #5

Jan 2018
Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDCS View Post
The fact of the matter is that this edition of the movie is out of print, and has been so for more than a decade. Therefore, it makes it less of a possibility that DVDs that you find online labeled as the Yash Raj Films edition would be:-
- Brand new and sealed copies
- discs in a working condition
- genuine pressings of the film

I would strongly urge you to contact the online retailers to ensure that these DVDs are in good and a working condition.

Mind you, this edition of the film is not perfect by any means. The DVD is hard telecined, has a watermarked logo that appears at the beginning of the song numbers, and has chances of disc corruption. Nevertheless, the quality is miles ahead of the alternative DVDs by Eros entertainment and Ultra; and has some special features too!

I'd be happy if you could find a surviving copy of this DVD, but you need to realize that the odds are low.

I hope this helps!
It does help, tremedously! Thank you so much for this! I've placed an order on an ebay listing for it - here's hoping it's in good shape!

When I first started watching bollywood movies about two years ago, I naively thought that maybe they'd release a box set of blu rays for the three previous movies when Krrish 4 is coming out. I have realised since then that there is zero regard for movie preservation in Bollywood now, which makes me profoundly sad. I've made a mad scramble to nab everything I even like a little on physical media. But it is what it is. Hopefully it swings back around at some remote point. It's not like the prints/originals aren't sitting somewhere, waiting for proper releases.
Thanks given by:
bermuda (05-07-2020)
Old 04-26-2020, 09:10 PM   #6

Jan 2014
Mumbai

I must tell you that it is hard for a Gen-Z Indian, such as myself, to not have nostalgia for this film. I used to own the Yash Raj Films DVD of the film, and I was in awe of the quality, even as a 7-year-old. I remember misplacing the DVD when I moved back to India. There was no option for a great quality Koi Mil Gaya DVD anymore, and I'd made peace with that fact as a 10-year-old, fully aware that DVDs of Indian movies truly stink otherwise! I decided not to bring disgrace to my great memories with this film, hence I did not buy the DVDs by Ultra or Eros.

I had watched Krrish as a child too, but I do not have memories of the film.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:48 PM   #7

Jan 2018
Sweden

Ah ☺️ I'm very fond of it as well, but nothing on the level of having grown up with it I'm sure. Rohit Mehra may be my favourite movie character, though - Hrithik's performance goes directly into my heart. ❤️

I received my eBay order and checked it out. No scratches at all, exemplary condition. The movie itself is in good quality but it does have little white artefacts from time to time that resemble film scratches, but I can't quite tell. I'm gonna try it in a few different players and see if it's a compatibility issue. The PS4 is terrible with all sorts of physical media playback if it's like 5ish years or older.

But I'm really quite happy with it. The text is a bit big, but that's a DVD thing that plagues most movies playing at modern resolutions.
Old 05-08-2020, 05:33 AM   #8

Jan 2018
Sweden

I had a Eureka moment and watched the theatrical trailer, and it has the same white artefacts. There is nothing wrong with my disc. \o/

I finally Caught Them All. ☺️ I know what I'm doing this weekend. ��
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India