Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Zombie Army 4: Dead War (PS4)
$29.99
8 hrs ago
One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows (PS4)
$39.99

The Sims 4 + Cats & Dogs Bundle (PS4)
$24.99

Tokyo Ghoul:re Call to Exist (PS4)
$29.99

LEGO Marvel Collection (PS4)
$19.99

Darksiders Genesis (PS4)
$26.79

Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers (PS4)
$24.38
14 hrs ago
Snowrunner (PS4)
$41.88

Conception PLUS: Maidens of the Twelve Stars (PS4)
$41.99

Planescape Torment + Icewind Dale (PS4)
$19.99

Trover Saves the Universe (PS4)
$17.97

Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate (PS4)
$37.42

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 05-08-2020, 06:53 PM   #1

Jan 2018
England
Arrow Assassin's Creed Series

I haven't found a dedicated thread for all things AC, so here is one!

I was just looking at Unity with maximum PC settings in effect and really believe it looks damn GREAT, better than Origins or Odyssey! I would actually love to see a Director's Cut of the Unity on next gen systems at 60FPS with ray tracing, improved level of detail, higher res textures, removed present day crap, removed online co-op functionality and re-tuned controls.

Old 05-11-2020, 10:42 AM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007
Elsinore

I'm playing AC4: Black Flag on PC at the moment, no problems with Windows 10, like yourself with the settings maxed out and it's a stunner. I'm hitting 1800p at 60fps (my graphics card dates back to 2017) and the naval action is awesome. May well give Unity a spin after this, as i've got that and Syndicate also on PC, though i didn't rate Syndicate that highly...
Old 05-11-2020, 12:44 PM   #3
Blu-ray Archduke

Jun 2011
Dryland

I think they should perhaps not make the maps so big with the new ones so they don't have to copy and paste the camps and bandit hideouts etc so much. I lost count of how many times i took out a bandit camp with exactly the same layout in Odyssey.
Thanks given by:
Talal86 (05-11-2020)
Old 05-11-2020, 04:49 PM   #4
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

As long as people perceive ‘more content’ = better, this will remain an issue with games

I normally wouldn’t care, if it was just another generic open world game, but imo this ‘redesign’ of Assassin’s Creed (mainly Origins) had potential to be one of the best games this gen, only if Ubisoft didn’t treat their games like products first and foremost, which in turn make them just another generic open world game
Old 05-11-2020, 04:52 PM   #5
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
I think they should perhaps not make the maps so big with the new ones so they don't have to copy and paste the camps and bandit hideouts etc so much. I lost count of how many times i took out a bandit camp with exactly the same layout in Odyssey.
Yeah, reminds me of the Just Cause games with their endless repetition of defeating similar enemy bases over and over.
Old 05-11-2020, 04:54 PM   #6
Special Member

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Yeah, reminds me of the Just Cause games with their endless repetition of defeating similar enemy bases over and over.
Far Cry kinda became like that too
Old 05-11-2020, 11:40 PM   #7

Sep 2016
London

I've played a lot of Unity the past few days finishing off a year's old Platinum trophy challenge. I'd say it definitely has some nice things going for it, but is let down by some terrible controls, on console at least. Is it me or it's just horribly unresponsive? Delayed at times? Won't actually do what you expect at other times. It's odd because this game demands some quite precise movement if you want to succeed in certain missions and challenges. I don't know how it is on PC, probably better.

As I've only played Origins and Odyssey (way better, more fluid controls) I'm not sure how it compares with other classic AC.

Unity is also pretty grindy with a lot of chests and collectibles, like a crazy amount. People saying Origins and Odyssey are a grind and repetitive, Unity has plenty of that.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4