Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Zombie Army 4: Dead War (PS4)
$29.99
8 hrs ago
One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows (PS4)
$39.99

The Sims 4 + Cats & Dogs Bundle (PS4)
$24.99

Tokyo Ghoul:re Call to Exist (PS4)
$29.99

LEGO Marvel Collection (PS4)
$19.99

Darksiders Genesis (PS4)
$26.79

Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers (PS4)
$24.38
14 hrs ago
Snowrunner (PS4)
$41.88

Conception PLUS: Maidens of the Twelve Stars (PS4)
$41.99

Planescape Torment + Icewind Dale (PS4)
$19.99

Trover Saves the Universe (PS4)
$17.97

Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate (PS4)
$37.42

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 05-14-2020, 08:55 PM   #21
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas King View Post
It made itís way unto PC in 2012 though. After that happening it lost itís Xbox exclusivity.
I checked an article on Eurogamer about this. Turns out MS did own the IP and it was 100% exclusive to MS and Xbox on consoles but Remedy acquired the IP from them a few years ago and that's how they're now releasing this.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:12 PM   #22

Apr 2014
Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Agreed. That fact was hardly mentioned until the game was released, where I had to discover for myself that it wasn't open world as it was described on the very inaccurate Amazon Product Page description back then.

Here's an excerpt from the description on there to this day. Unbelievable how this is allowed, as it's describing it like an open world game. Total BS description below as the game was linear as heck.
In the original open world game, the towers were going to be home bases, but in the final game, it was just a temporary spot to visit during the linear mission. There was also a car you could drive down a hill for a brief section I remember. The potential of this game was awesome for open world, and then they reversed it completely to linear level designs.

Explore an Entire Town
The town of Bright Falls is 100 square kilometers, and players will be able to roam through this incredibly detailed area any way they like, roaming the town or wandering out to the lakes, forest, satellite towns, and more. The game gives the player goals, but how he chooses to go about completing them is up to him. Clues are scattered throughout the town, and solving mysteries will require players to pay close attention to the little details.

https://www.amazon.com/Alan-Wake-Xbo...9469859&sr=8-2
I was disappointed that it wasn't open-world too but they did tell about that before the release. They told about it few years before the release if I remember right. It wasn't a secret. It was a big thing when they revealed that the game will be different and people were talking about it. I'm not sure if you can blame them if the product description was old in some places. It might not have been their fault.
Thanks given by:
Leonidas King (05-15-2020)
Old 05-14-2020, 11:28 PM   #23
Power Member

Aug 2015

I played on Xbox One. Not sure I want to play it again. I did get all the achievements though and it would be hard to resist a plat. I would probably wait for PS5 though.
Old 05-14-2020, 11:35 PM   #24

Mar 2017

I'm usually opposed to HD remakes of HD games, but I really enjoyed this game first time I played it on my 360. I'll probably get it, but still would rather have a dedicated sequel than a remake.
Old 05-15-2020, 05:12 AM   #25
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2014

This was my favorite game on the XB360, loved it so id buy it for PS4 day 1.
Old 05-15-2020, 05:30 AM   #26
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2010
S p a r t a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmfan73 View Post
I'm usually opposed to HD remakes of HD games, but I really enjoyed this game first time I played it on my 360. I'll probably get it, but still would rather have a dedicated sequel than a remake.
I mean, it's not a remake they are doing. They are just remastering the already existing 360/PC version.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:58 AM   #27
Blu-ray Archduke

Jun 2011
Dryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Agreed. That fact was hardly mentioned until the game was released, where I had to discover for myself that it wasn't open world as it was described on the very inaccurate Amazon Product Page description back then.

Here's an excerpt from the description on there to this day. Unbelievable how this is allowed, as it's describing it like an open world game. Total BS description below as the game was linear as heck.
In the original open world game, the towers were going to be home bases, but in the final game, it was just a temporary spot to visit during the linear mission. There was also a car you could drive down a hill for a brief section I remember. The potential of this game was awesome for open world, and then they reversed it completely to linear level designs.

Explore an Entire Town
The town of Bright Falls is 100 square kilometers, and players will be able to roam through this incredibly detailed area any way they like, roaming the town or wandering out to the lakes, forest, satellite towns, and more. The game gives the player goals, but how he chooses to go about completing them is up to him. Clues are scattered throughout the town, and solving mysteries will require players to pay close attention to the little details.

https://www.amazon.com/Alan-Wake-Xbo...9469859&sr=8-2
I can't believe they still have that inaccurate write up on their page lol. So misleading! That description sounds much better than what we got.
Old 05-15-2020, 02:10 PM   #28
Special Member

Jan 2013

Love Love Love this game. Will buy it again
Old 05-21-2020, 06:07 AM   #29
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Let Me In!

I hope this is true.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4