Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Gentlemen 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Flesh Eating Mothers (Blu-ray)
$13.99

1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Incredible Hulk (Blu-ray)
$5.99
14 hrs ago
Zombieland: Double Tap 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Set 5 - Diamond is Unbreakable Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Unforgiven 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
58 min ago
Watchmen: An HBO Limited Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Spider-Man: Far from Home 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Saving Private Ryan 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
18 hrs ago
Bloodshot (Blu-ray)
$17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5

Old 05-22-2020, 10:51 AM   #61
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2007
Elsinore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
If history tells us anything, its that when developers are given more powerful hardware to develop for, more often than not they will prioritize visuals over framerate. I dont expect that to change all that much next gen. We will still get 60fps on fighting games, sports games, racing sims, competitive first and 3rd person shooters, etc. However i seriously doubt that when the next Naughty Dog game comes out or the new Elder Scrolls or the next Tomb Raider, or the next Resident Evil, we will see 60fps on those kinds of games.
Absolutely. The first priority for game developers is to ensure the game looks as good as possible at a rock solid 30fps, and if 60fps is required (like Uncharted 4 did for it's Multiplayer) the sacrifices will be made. Totally expecting nothing less for games in the racing genre or fighting games, and should be very interesting to see what Activision throw at us with the always 60fps CoD series...
Old 05-24-2020, 12:02 AM   #62
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Trailer on page 1, the link is not working anymore.

EDIT: Seriously though, if the real time game play on the PS5 has graphics and effects like this, that is a huge jump in cinematic game play detail above the PS4. The feathers of the vest blowing in the wind on the character, the animation and detail as if it was a CGI movie.

But that's the whole illusion. CGI movies of video games are almost always notches above the actual game play itself. I'll believe it when I see it, and I'm betting this is not to be expected as the final quality of a PS5 game. Not yet anyway. It looks too good to be generation 1 of PS5 games.

EDIT 2: Holiday 2020. Okay, this is a launch title if all goes to plan. In that case, it's probably a sure buy for me, even though I'm not the biggest fan of AC games. Just to have it as an open world game to test out on the pS5, that's enough for me when the selection is limited at launch. This, and hopefully Watch Dogs Legion and Cyberpunk 2077 at launch or shortly after each for PS5 versions, which should be considerably better in graphics and frame rate than the versions of the same PS4 games played on PS5.

That's one thing I really like about Ubisoft. They are big fans of open world games.

Last edited by Zivouhr; 05-24-2020 at 12:28 AM.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:49 AM   #63

Sep 2016
London

Desperately trying to square off my list of backlog games before the next heavy hitters arrive in the next few months. There's so many crazy good looking (and huge) games like Valhalla coming in the near future.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5