Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Gentlemen 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Flesh Eating Mothers (Blu-ray)
$13.99

1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Incredible Hulk (Blu-ray)
$5.99
14 hrs ago
Zombieland: Double Tap 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Set 5 - Diamond is Unbreakable Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Unforgiven 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 hr ago
Watchmen: An HBO Limited Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Spider-Man: Far from Home 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Saving Private Ryan 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
18 hrs ago
Bloodshot (Blu-ray)
$17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 05-25-2020, 05:50 PM   #81
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2009
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin87 View Post
The R stuff I wanted to see was never overly sexual with nudity or sex scenes or anything like that so I can't think of it ever backfiring honestly. If there was any subject matter they thought needed to be discussed after, we did.
Seems like your parents wanted to be your friend instead of a parent and lacked parental guidance, which is how most parents are nowadays. They let their kids do or say whatever they want. Just yesterday I was in a grocery store, and I overheard a young man (looked to be in his late 20s) cursing and severely disrespecting his father, and his father didn't say a word and acted like it was nothing, as if his son talks to him that way all time. I know the older man was his father because his son was calling him dad.. If that young man was my son he would've been swallowing his teeth. No child of mine is going to disrespect me in no kind of way! After I get through beaten their a** I'll tell them- I helped bought you into this world, and I'll take you out, and it doesn't matter how old they are. Some parents let their kids get away with murder, but not me. I'm not their friend, I'm their parent!

Last edited by slimdude; 05-25-2020 at 11:10 PM.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:48 PM   #82
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Mar 2009
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
Seems like your parents wanted to be your friend instead of a parent, and lacked parental guidance, which is how most parents are nowadays. They let their kids do or say whatever they want. Just yesterday I was in a grocery store, and I overheard a young man (looked to be in his late 20s) cursing and severely disrespecting his father in public, and his father didn't say a word and act like it was nothing, as if his son talks to him that way all time. I know the older man was his father because he was calling him dad.. If that young man was my son, he would've been swallowing his teeth. No child of mine is going to disrespecting me no kind of way! After I get through beaten their a** I'll tell them- I helped bought you in this world, and I'll take you out, and it doesn't matter how old they are. Some parents let their kids get away with murder, but not me. I'm not their friend, I'm their parent!
lovely
Thanks given by:
Jay H. (05-26-2020), Streetlight (05-26-2020)
Old 05-25-2020, 09:26 PM   #83
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin87 View Post
I grew up in a pretty unrestrained open family, if there was a movie I wanted to see that was rated R, they would just take me to see it. The R stuff I wanted to see was never overly sexual with nudity or sex scenes or anything like that so I can't think of it ever backfiring honestly. If there was any subject matter they thought needed to be discussed after, we did.
Didn't sneak in but saw Ran (1985) by myself at 15. Single screen theater in small town America. Just bought a ticket and walked in.
Old 05-25-2020, 09:33 PM   #84
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2016
California

Quote:
Seems like your parents wanted to be your friend instead of a parent, and lacked parental guidance, which is how most parents are nowadays. They let their kids do or say whatever they want. Just yesterday I was in a grocery store, and I overheard a young man (looked to be in his late 20s) cursing and severely disrespecting his father in public, and his father didn't say a word and act like it was nothing, as if his son talks to him that way all time. I know the older man was his father because he was calling him dad.. If that young man was my son, he would've been swallowing his teeth. No child of mine is going to disrespecting me no kind of way! After I get through beaten their a** I'll tell them- I helped bought you in this world, and I'll take you out, and it doesn't matter how old they are. Some parents let their kids get away with murder, but not me. I'm not their friend, I'm their parent!
If only the grammar police beat into you proper grammar and word use.
Thanks given by:
DR Herbert West (05-26-2020), Jay H. (05-26-2020)
Old 05-25-2020, 09:40 PM   #85
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2009
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gacivory View Post
If only the grammar police beat into you proper grammar and word use.
Damn the grammar, I'm not trying to impress anybody with words. To hell with that bulls**t, I'm down to earth! As long my kids understand that I'm not going to tolerate their disrespect, that's all that matters.

Last edited by slimdude; 05-25-2020 at 10:09 PM.
Old 05-25-2020, 10:15 PM   #86
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2013

Quote:
Damn the grammar, I'm not trying to impress anybody with words. To hell with that bulls**t, I'm down to earth! As long my kids understand that I'm not going to tolerate their disrespect, that's all that matters.
You make the angels cry. Or, snicker.
Thanks given by:
Streetlight (05-26-2020)
Old 05-25-2020, 10:26 PM   #87
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Omaha NE
-
-
-

I didn't have to sneak in. I always purchased my tickets. I was bold about it and just bought a ticket to the movie I wanted to see. I never got carded. I started when I was 14! The first time I actually got carded for an R rated movie was when I was 21. I did, however kind of sneak in to see a bunch of movies for free. I don't think they were R rated though. On of my friends from high school was a ticket taker for the AMC at the mall and he would just let us go through without tickets.

Last edited by atomik kinder; 05-25-2020 at 10:32 PM.
Thanks given by:
Himmel (05-26-2020)
Old 05-25-2020, 11:22 PM   #88
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2014
Under an arch

Quote:

I didn't see any evidence that Kevin87 showed disrespect to his parents. It also seems they were willing to explain anything that needed explaining. I would call that guidance.
Thanks given by:
CreasyBear (05-25-2020), thecalm_7 (05-26-2020)
Old 05-25-2020, 11:50 PM   #89
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2016
Sutton Coldfield, England

I'd spend the day with friends sneaking into other screens at the multiplex while underage in the late 80s.
Old 05-26-2020, 01:24 AM   #90
Power Member

Nov 2019

Not really "sneaking in" (at least not in the way you're thinking of), but one time, me and my friend got tickets to see Saw II. We were both 17 at the time, but neither of us brought out license. My Dad took us, bought us our tickets, then dropped us off. We went to get food, then came back and we were told we couldn't get in without a parent. So we exchanged tickets to Chicken Little, then "snuck" into Saw II. Then about 15 or so minutes in, a couple of the theater people kicked us out.

So yeah, we got kicked out of a movie we were: A)both old enough to see and B)legally got our tickets to. We never would've got our tickets if my Dad wasn't there to purchase them for us, ****ing A. Yeah, I know we should've brought our license, but still.

But I got the Unrated DVD a few months later, so no worries, I guess. It was still ridiculous we got kicked out in the first place, though.
Old 05-26-2020, 02:48 AM   #91

Aug 2019
Massachusetts, USA

Actually I never did, but when I was eighteen I helped my girlfriend, who was sixteen, get in to see The Exorcist. She wore extra make-up. It worked out really well until the exorcism scene, when she had to run to the bathroom to throw up. Oh well. We did see several more R rated movies together after that.
Old 05-26-2020, 03:09 AM   #92
Blu-ray Baron

May 2018
Arkham, MA

Quote:
I'm not trying to impress anybody with words.
Mission accomplished.
Thanks given by:
Gacivory (05-26-2020), Jay H. (05-26-2020)
Old 05-26-2020, 03:55 AM   #93
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2016

Imagine being so fragile that you'd murder your own kids for using naughty words.
Thanks given by:
Chaotic (05-26-2020), CreasyBear (05-26-2020), Jay H. (05-26-2020), KManX89 (05-26-2020), Streetlight (05-26-2020)
Old 05-26-2020, 06:43 AM   #94
Special Member

Apr 2011
The Gulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister_M View Post
Imagine being so fragile that you'd murder your own kids for using naughty words.
Not the same but having worked at a GameStop/EB Games as well as a Movie Time, language is never shocking. How many parents would tell me to F off for making them come in to buy a game or rent a game. Then the same evening or next day drop f bombs at me again because the game had profanity. Threatening me and other employees with violence because of words. Really? Your kid isn’t learning this behavior from the world, it’s only picked up from a game or movie that I warned them about. Lovely lovely society. Hardly ever a complaint about violence. Reminds me of the skit on the ICP CD, The Amazing Jeckel Brothers. I believe it was attached to the song Terrible.

Last edited by thecalm_7; 05-26-2020 at 06:51 AM.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:17 AM   #95
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Nottingham, United Kingdom

I failed at jeepers creepers 2 but got into halloween resurrection as a 13 year old
Old 05-26-2020, 03:10 PM   #96
Special Member

Oct 2016
Australia

Quote:
Seems like your parents wanted to be your friend instead of a parent and lacked parental guidance, which is how most parents are nowadays. They let their kids do or say whatever they want. Just yesterday I was in a grocery store, and I overheard a young man (looked to be in his late 20s) cursing and severely disrespecting his father, and his father didn't say a word and acted like it was nothing, as if his son talks to him that way all time. I know the older man was his father because his son was calling him dad.. If that young man was my son he would've been swallowing his teeth. No child of mine is going to disrespect me in no kind of way! After I get through beaten their a** I'll tell them- I helped bought you into this world, and I'll take you out, and it doesn't matter how old they are. Some parents let their kids get away with murder, but not me. I'm not their friend, I'm their parent!
If he was mature enough to watch these films (and would have watched them months later from the video store) then what's the issue here? This isn't bad parenting at all that's more so going on about how anything they like that isn't G rated is "satanic" or "brainwashing" and will rot them.
Old 05-26-2020, 03:13 PM   #97
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2016
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzronk View Post
If he was mature enough to watch these films (and would have watched them months later from the video store) then what's the issue here? This isn't bad parenting at all that's more so going on about how anything they like that isn't G rated is "satanic" or "brainwashing" and will rot them.
Don’t bother, they’re just sanctimonious.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies