Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
House of Wax 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Taza, Son of Cochise 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Pixels 3D (Blu-ray)
$6.96

The Green Hornet 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Parasite 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.60

The Smurfs 2 in 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Legend of Hercules 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.96

Nurse 3D (Blu-ray)
$23.83

My Bloody Valentine 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Mozart: Clarinet Quintet, K.581 / Horn Quintet, K.407 / String Quartet, K.169 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.71

The Universe: 7 Wonders of the Solar System 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.59

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 05-28-2020, 03:07 PM   #21

Jun 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
I gather that there are quite a few unreleased titles which we might possibly see on 3D Blu-ray but until the possibility becomes a reality, it's safer just to say that there's no 3D Blu-ray. Hopefully this will be confirmed soon though...
Best way to get it confirmed is if we all continue to gobble up any/all golden- and silver-age 3D titles handled by 3D Film Archive, including the newly released Taza and the forthcoming Wings of the Hawk.

I know you're on board with this, 13thman; this gentle reminder is for our other 3D-equipped friends here.
Thanks given by:
robtadrian (05-28-2020), the13thman (05-28-2020)
Old 05-28-2020, 03:16 PM   #22
Blu-ray Archduke

Jun 2011
Dryland

I'd be picking some up if they didn't region lock their discs.
Old 05-28-2020, 03:20 PM   #23
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
^This.

I have quite a few Golden Age but would have loved The Mask and Parasites.
Old 05-28-2020, 04:37 PM   #24

Jun 2017

Guys, it's not 3DFA or Kino (or Shout, or Vinegar Syndrome, et al.) who are region-locking their discs. It's the lawyers working with the studios and the rights-holders.

Distributors like Kino I'm sure press the region-free case to these owners but in the end they have to abide by these laws or they don't get the movies. Period.

There's no getting around it. Oh wait. There is.... by getting a region-free 3D blu ray player. The happiest home-entertainment decision I ever made was to go region-free. At least a third of my discs are non-Region 1.

Have I spent more money? Sure. But it's a (largely) binary choice: Buy region-free hardware (or a decoding guide), or forego a large number of 3D titles.... or hope you can find a bootleg region-friendly dupe of the title you want.

But complaining about it here is an utterly ineffective and pointless waste of bits, bytes and keyboard strokes.
Thanks given by:
Robert Furmanek (05-28-2020), robtadrian (05-28-2020), T. Warren Scollan (05-29-2020)
Old 05-28-2020, 04:47 PM   #25
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camps View Post
Guys, it's not 3DFA or Kino (or Shout, or Vinegar Syndrome, et al.) who are region-locking their discs. It's the lawyers working with the studios and the rights-holders.

Distributors like Kino I'm sure press the region-free case to these owners but in the end they have to abide by these laws or they don't get the movies. Period.

There's no getting around it. Oh wait. There is.... by getting a region-free 3D blu ray player. The happiest home-entertainment decision I ever made was to go region-free. At least a third of my discs are non-Region 1.

Have I spent more money? Sure. But it's a (largely) binary choice: Buy region-free hardware (or a decoding guide), or forego a large number of 3D titles.... or hope you can find a bootleg region-friendly dupe of the title you want.

But complaining about it here is an utterly ineffective and pointless waste of bits, bytes and keyboard strokes.
Understand but itís stupid. Especially for titles that woní ever get a release in other countries. Utterly stupid. Itís only spiting film fans/collectors.
How can all 4K discs be region free? What changed?
Old 05-28-2020, 04:59 PM   #26
Blu-ray Archduke

Jun 2011
Dryland

Quote:

I'm not complaining, I'm just stating a fact. I'm not going to buy any discs locked to region A. I'm not foregoing a large number of 3D titles, I'm foregoing a very small number of 3D titles that I'm really not too bothered about.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:06 PM   #27
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012

All the titles that we own are region free on 3-D Blu-ray.

Dragonfly Squadron
The Mask
The Bubble
3-D Rarities
The Stewardesses
September Storm
3-D Nudie-Cuties
3-D Rarities II

When we are a work for hire, we have no say whatsoever in the licenses that are available from the copyright holders. Region free 3-D Blu-ray players are your friend!
Thanks given by:
Camps (05-28-2020), robtadrian (05-28-2020), the13thman (05-28-2020)
Old 05-28-2020, 05:08 PM   #28
Blu-ray Archduke

Jun 2011
Dryland

I've owned 2 region free blu ray players in the past, they both broke, I can't be bothered to buy another, not when I already own 3 other blu ray players (4 if you count the PS4).

There are so few titles I'm missing out on, I can live with it.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:24 PM   #29
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Furmanek View Post
All the titles that we own are region free on 3-D Blu-ray.

Dragonfly Squadron
The Mask
The Bubble
3-D Rarities
The Stewardesses
September Storm
3-D Nudie-Cuties
3-D Rarities II

When we are a work for hire, we have no say whatsoever in the licenses that are available from the copyright holders. Region free 3-D Blu-ray players are your friend!
You don't happen to know who owns the rights to Silent Madness 3D do you Robert?
Old 05-28-2020, 05:49 PM   #30

Feb 2018
Northern California

DVD/BD backup software (eg - anydvd) by-passes region lock. Create a media library and get a media player (eg - Zidoo Z9S). Problem solved.
Thanks given by:
robtadrian (05-28-2020)
Old 05-28-2020, 06:24 PM   #31

Jul 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
I wasnít even able to order the majority of titles from Kino, as they donít deliver most of their titles outside US and Canada. That included Dragonfly Squadron, so surely canít be down to issues with distribution rights?
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (05-28-2020)
Old 05-28-2020, 06:54 PM   #32
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012

We own the rights to Dragonfly Squadron and the region free 3-D Blu-ray was released by Olive.
Thanks given by:
The Creature (05-28-2020)
Old 05-28-2020, 07:19 PM   #33

Jul 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Furmanek View Post
We own the rights to Dragonfly Squadron and the region free 3-D Blu-ray was released by Olive.
Colour me corrected, it was cease fire that I tried to order.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:08 PM   #34

Jun 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Understand but itís stupid. Especially for titles that woní ever get a release in other countries. Utterly stupid. Itís only spiting film fans/collectors.
How can all 4K discs be region free? What changed?
All I can suggest is that you write Boris Johnson and request he get his trade negotiator on it. I'm afraid there's not much we can do here at the Blu ray Forum....

But as Bob notes you can of course buy the 3DFA-owned titles.... and plus, look on the bright side: You're spared A*P*E.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (05-28-2020)
Old 05-28-2020, 09:10 PM   #35
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
All I can suggest is that you write Boris Johnson and request he get his trade negotiator on it. I'm afraid there's not much we can do here at the Blu ray Forum....

But as Bob notes you can of course buy the 3DFA-owned titles.... and plus, look on the bright side: You're spared A*P*E.
I have bought every single region free 3DFA title including both volumes of 3D Rarities.
Thanks given by:
the13thman (05-28-2020)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies