Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rampage (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$14.96
23 hrs ago
The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99

The Equalizer 2 (Blu-ray)
$26.34
19 hrs ago
Chappaquiddick (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Night Strangler (Blu-ray)
$19.34
7 hrs ago
Mission: Impossible - Fallout (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00

Venom 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

A Star Is Born (Blu-ray)
$24.99
17 hrs ago
The House of the Devil (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Crazy Rich Asians (Blu-ray)
$22.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 09-05-2007, 08:35 PM   #21
Power Member

Jun 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
Althought Seasons 4 and 6 were my least favourtie, I would order all 6 seasons of 24 in a heartbeat.

My favourite seasons were in order:

3 - last 6 hours and ten minutes most amazing 6+ hours of television ever
Season 3 is certainly the best of 24, I think followed by season 1, then 2. But to answer this forum post.....I would take either. I have actually watched the last two seasons in HD, and have the whole last season of both still on my DVR. Regaurdless I will buy each and every season of both show, so it doesnt matter which comes first, just so long as i get both.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:08 PM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2007

24 is a very very grainy show, much like 300. So the Anti Grain police would be on the double!!!!!!!!! LOL
Old 09-05-2007, 11:34 PM   #23
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
My favourite seasons were in order:

3 - last 6 hours and ten minutes most amazing 6+ hours of television ever
I thought I was the only one that liked Season 3. I've seen so many lists from people and they always put 3 at the bottom. Personally I found 2 to be the weakest mostly because of the actress that played Bauer's love interest. She had one emotion and one botox look the entire season.

I'm thinking Prison Break is getting the 'break' because it is debuting in a couple weeks. Probably will get 24 announced come the new year before season 7 kicks off.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:32 PM   #24

Jun 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoohki View Post
24 is a very very grainy show, much like 300. So the Anti Grain police would be on the double!!!!!!!!! LOL
I've not seen 300, in the cinema or on Blu-ray (just doesn't appeal to me really) and I've read a lot into the whole grain thing with that title. I REALLY don't have anything against grain. Infact, I sometimes think it makes the title look more film like, but maybe that's just me!

In short... grain or no grain, makes no difference to me. Let's see how HD DVD handles Battlestar grain first, then we can have an idea how good 24 will look!
Old 09-06-2007, 07:37 PM   #25
Power Member

Aug 2007
Vancouver, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderAE View Post
Prison Break is Announced to be the first TV Blu-ray release by Fox.

Wouldn't 24 season 1 be a better thing to release first?

Hell, even a season 6 day-and-date release! (even if the season was mediocre)
Oh without a doubt 24 would have made a better release as far as popularity. 24 has been around for 6 seasons to Prison Breaks 1. 24 is also a much better show really.

I think whoever mentioned the features of profile 1.1/2.0 is probably right, Fox will want to get 24 right before releasing it.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:06 PM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007

And 24 isn't that grainy. All the stuff in CTU or daylight is usually extremely clean. It is mostly the nighttime or dark stuff that ends up being 'grainy'.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:47 PM   #27
Power Member

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderAE View Post
As for Smallville (favourite show), that's the kinda price a tv Blu set should be!
I agree, Smallville Season 6 is a good price (Amazon.com $55.95) for a TV show on Blu-ray. But knowing our luck Fox will have a price around $89.99. All there Blu-rays are overpriced.

HBO is another company that overcharges there shows too. Amazon.com $83.95 The Sopranos Season 6 Part 2, so to get Season 6 has a whole, I would have paid $173.90.

Anyway, bring on 24! Season 6, Season 1, it's doesn't matter to me. I'll buy it.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:53 PM   #28
Special Member

Jan 2007
Chicago

If anyone says Prison Break is better than 24 I'll drive to there house and pimp slap them myself.

I completely agree that 24 would make a better TV series BD debut. Much more of a following and action sequences that demand HD picture and quality sound.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:01 AM   #29
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2007
Victoria, BC

The only reason I don't have any 24 seasons on DVD is I am waiting for Blu.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:06 AM   #30
Special Member

Aug 2007
South Jersey

sorry to get off topic. but what bout simpsons or malcom in the middle? any news on them? theyre fox right?
Old 09-12-2007, 07:00 PM   #31
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2007
Victoria, BC
Talking Prison Break and 24

I have a good idea why don't they realease Prison Break and 24!
Old 09-23-2007, 08:53 PM   #32
Special Member

Aug 2007
3rd Rock from the Sun

I would buy Prison Break on BD for Season 1 only (season 2 was awful and season 3... too early to tell but not keeping my hopes high...).

All of 24 on BD.

I really don't understand how anyone can think Season 3 was any good unless they started watching 24 at Season 3...

Season 1 --> ground breaking
Season 2 --> it was hard to imagine how anything can beat Season 1 but Season 2 managed to do it.
Season 3 --> on it's own = great show. Compared to Seasons 1 & 2 HUGE letdown and disapointment
Season 4 --> better then Season 3 (Thank God)
Season 5 --> we're back on track
Season 6 --> probably on par with Season 3 as the worst seasons

Best --> Season 2
Great --> Seasons 1 & 5
Good --> Season 4
Poor --> Seasons 3 & 6
Old 09-24-2007, 12:28 AM   #33
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2007

Any season with Jack Baur Daughter is god dawm afwul, those part i mean. I skipped most of them in DVD. That's why S5 is the best one IMHO. While she's very good to look at, her stupid action had 90% of the time, nothing to do with the story hitself.. (except S1, where her capture was planned)...
Old 09-24-2007, 03:04 AM   #34
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow

im a fan of both shows and i like 24 more but i think prison break has more buzz around it because its newer then 24 and i guess they are trying to use prison breaks heat to gain more sales but no doubt we will see 24 on blu ray as well down the track.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:48 AM   #35

Sep 2007

I think season 1 of Prison Break was the most interesting. Good to see coming to Blu. Not enough of a show to get me to buy the series on disc though.

I also like 24. What's nice about the series is the length of each season. There are so many shows and now seasons that I begin forget the little stories that are carried out while the main story line goes on. So watch on disc is almost like watching again.

I look forward to "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" on Blu. Probably won't see until BD+ is in place. I keed. I keed. Good show, but NOT going to buy on DVD on any kind.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:55 AM   #36

Sep 2007
TX
Send a message via AIM to B-Runner

I agree 24 would be great on Blu. Never seen Prison Break so not sure on that one.

Also highly agree on
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Bring on Buffy i say.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:17 AM   #37
Banned

Aug 2007
Chicago, IL

I like House MD and X-Files by fox, I rather prefer them.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:43 AM   #38

Sep 2007
Default Prison Break is the bomb!!!

Trust me... I didn't think it was going to be good, I thought it was going to be gay as hell, but I picked up the first season for $20 at Best Buy on DVD anyways. I am HOOKED on the show now. I just bought season two and watched all of the episodes in a day and a half. It is like CRACK... I just need a fix and it is all I can think about. MORE MORE MORE.
24 is a good show, but there is No Reason to compare it to PB, and I am sure it will eventually come out. I suggest that every one watches PB season one though because if you haven't you are really missing out.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:11 PM   #39
Banned

Apr 2007
That's What She Said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofadventure77 View Post
Trust me... I didn't think it was going to be good, I thought it was going to be gay as hell, but I picked up the first season for $20 at Best Buy on DVD anyways. I am HOOKED on the show now. I just bought season two and watched all of the episodes in a day and a half. It is like CRACK... I just need a fix and it is all I can think about. MORE MORE MORE.
24 is a good show, but there is No Reason to compare it to PB, and I am sure it will eventually come out. I suggest that every one watches PB season one though because if you haven't you are really missing out.

Similar experience here myself. We have S1 on DVD un opened of Prison Break and we were going to sell it, however everyone told me that I would like and I should watch it.

Well, I cracked that puppy open and started watching. I am hooked. Must have watched 10 episodes back to back and I still want more. I hope to hell it keeps going strong. We shall see!

As for 24, I have never seen it. Might look into it, not sure yet. I thought 24 and PB were suck ass shows, guess I was wrong.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:07 PM   #40

Nov 2006

Would LOVE to see 24 on Blu-ray but season six downright stunk. I guess there are only so many plots involving nerve gas or nukes whatever. I guess for season 7, it's taking on a whole different angle. Should be interesting... hopefully they redeem themselves. I was left unimpressed at the end of S6.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America