Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Watcher (Blu-ray)
$14.99
10 hrs ago
DC League of Super-Pets 4K (Blu-ray)
$32.99
1 day ago
The Halloween 4K Collection (Blu-ray)
$104.99

Interspecies Reviewers (Blu-ray)
$39.99
21 hrs ago
The Lost Boys 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99

The Return of the Living Dead 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Downton Abbey: A New Era 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
6 hrs ago
Where the Crawdads Sing (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Lost Highway 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Phantasm 5 Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.99

The A-Team: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$63.49

Bullet Train 4K (Blu-ray)
$30.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion

Old 06-09-2022, 07:54 PM   #161

Nov 2016
Twin Peaks

Hitman 2 on Xbox.
Old 06-12-2022, 08:55 PM   #162

Apr 2019
Sacramento, California

I'm still playing Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (PS4), I just fended off a large French army and killed their general/commander inside his fortress.
Old 06-13-2022, 10:22 PM   #163

Nov 2016
Twin Peaks

Persona 5 Royal on PS5
Old 06-14-2022, 08:19 AM   #164
Expert Member

Nov 2021
Cabinet

Old 06-16-2022, 07:24 PM   #165
Banned

Jan 2022

games im playing this summer mostly for my Nintendo Switch Lite

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Zelda Skyward Sword
Star Wars Jedi Academy
Resident Evil 5
Mega Man X7
Paper Mario Origami

Playstation 4
Mortal Kombat 11
Kingdom Hearts III
Final Fantasy XV

Playstation 3
the last story mission in L.A. Noire
Old 06-25-2022, 03:41 PM   #166
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2011
Brazil

I'm playing Mass Effect 2 and Prey on XSX.
Thanks given by:
Skylath (06-25-2022)
Old 06-27-2022, 03:48 AM   #167

Apr 2019
Sacramento, California

I finally platinumed Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood earlier today! It was a hard plat but glad it's over with lol.

Currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations, I'm about to start Sequence 2 Memory 1: A Warm Welcome.
Old 06-28-2022, 12:52 PM   #168
Expert Member

Nov 2014

Recently finished up Final Fantasy XV (got the platinum, definitely the easiest FF platinum) and Final Fantasy III (NES version.) Finally finished with all of the single player main entries in the series.

FF III - Pretty good! The job system was greatly improved in FF V; changing jobs isn’t a developed mechanic, you want to just build your characters based on a specific role from the start - mages should continue focusing on subsequent mage roles, physical attackers the logical extension of early jobs, etc.. On the fly changing is really just a gimmick in a couple of very specific spots to the point I stubbornly refused to do so in the later areas with splitting enemies (made it out just fine but damn was that a tiring portion of the game.) Later bosses all just use hard hitting spells like Meteor that hit everyone and these battles ultimately come down to boosting your physical attackers to take ‘em down fast. It’s a brisk episodic game and really not grindy at all, save a little bit towards the end (two hours for me after I saw I couldn’t outlast Bahamut - went by fast.) Excellent soundtrack - Uematsu was taking it to another level even before FF IV (Amur is one the very best town themes in the series.) Fun stuff!

Ff XV - Yeah…this game is a bit of a mess and not quite what it should be but…I kinda liked it a lot anyway! The four guys are great, I enjoyed just doing anything and everything with them for 150 hours - driving, riding, fishing, spelunking, hunting, monster trucking, helping out a cat girl from another dimension, going on a road trip with Iris, etc. - and that chemistry made up for a lot of the unfortunate limitations of the story (the real draw of these games is giving you an appealing world and characters and themes to build on and live in, not truly good writing.) I recommend forgetting about preserving any challenge in the main story and just doing every side quest you can before the turning point in Chapter 9. Spend as much time with characters before that point. It is too easy - magic is an afterthought and you don’t have to delve that deeply into anything to get by in battle without too much trouble but it does feel good to play. The “help your buddy” mechanic actually seems to work fairly well so they shouldn’t have made item usage so unstoppable. The DLC is a sore point with this game but I wish they completed the whole set; the Ignis and Ardyn DLCs are genuinely good and do go some way towards expanding and filling out the story and they started to fix one of the game’s biggest flaws, the gutting of Ravus’ character and place in the plot, so it’s a shame they couldn’t continue. I also wish the game had more areas like Pitioss in it, a fabulous place and really fun to explore, one of the most interesting things I’ve encountered in an FF game.

Starting Xenogears now. Missed out on it back in the day, one of those games Blockbuster only had one copy of and it was always out, then you had other stuff to get around to. Can’t say much right now. Hope the dungeons improve, the cave with Bart I just did is pretty bland graphically and suggests how clumsy and annoying navigation is going to be in the game. Not a huge fan of the Gear battles at this point. LOTS of static scenes loaded (or is that leaden?) with dialogue.

Last edited by Akibiyori; 06-28-2022 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-28-2022, 07:04 PM   #169

Jan 2012
Top Rex

Metroid Dread. I'm on the final boss now and he's kicking my ass. Loving every second of it!
Old 06-29-2022, 04:40 PM   #170
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2020

A couple of hours into Little Nightmares 2. Just got the ability to teleport through TVs. Honestly, better than the first. Has a couple of more decent puzzles and more variety going for it. Though most puzzles still don't involve any thought, especially early on. Appreciate them adding surround sound for the sequel. Wish they had added HDR.
Old 06-30-2022, 12:44 AM   #171
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2020

Finished Little Nightmares II.

Unskippable credits are such horseshit, particularly when they feature every region, "Bandai Namco Entertainment France," etc., on top of lawyers and such. If I made a game, it wouldn't even have end credits. It would open and end like Apocalypse Now. Just black. No pre-credits, no end credits. If anyone cared, the credits would be in the main menu, and you'd be able to control them, read them at your pace. So narcissistic to force the user in an interactive medium.

Last edited by Warm Gun; 06-30-2022 at 12:51 AM.
Old 07-02-2022, 10:37 PM   #172

Sep 2021
Sweden

Just caught up to the Kingdom Hearts story up until KHIII, so I recently started playing it. I've read a lot of negative stuff about the game, but I love it so far.
Old 07-05-2022, 11:07 AM   #173
Expert Member

Nov 2014

Feeling a strong urge to give up on Xenogears, I’m not enjoying it much. The navigation is bad, pressing every button necessary to continue running while moving the camera or jumping feels awkward (seriously, auto run, please - make walking the button press function, like FFIX) and a rotating camera is totally useless when there’s next to nothing to actually find in any of these places. The combat seems like it should be interesting but I’m still doing the same things over and over again and the progression and payoff seems nonexistant - I’m level 30 and there’s little diversity in skills or deathblows (these are hardly different, just attack animations that take up time, plus it’s easy to forget the combinations between each fighting mode and the lengthy segments that go with each.) The Gear battles just feel sluggish and the animation is poor. The menus and interface could have been simplified and made much more straightforward.

The dialogue speed is unforgivable. If you have to talk multiple times to people in RPGs, standard operating procedure, you better be able to cycle through dialogue lightning fast if you’re not getting anything different. Even more important, if you lose a big fight because you didn’t realize quickly enough what the fight is expecting from you and have to start over again (Vanderkaum’s machine)…my god, you have to sit through torrents and torrents of static scenes full of this slow text.

Cut it out with the “boss battles” you can’t actually win - just make it part of the cutscenes I’m already watching!

I hear Mitsuda’s soundtrack is supposed to be amazing but so far I’m just hearing the same handful of pieces over and over again and I wouldn’t place any of it on Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross’ level. The battle theme is a total bore.

I hear that the story is the main draw and even people who adore this have said that the gameplay and design isn’t terribly great. Sorry, no story is worth playing through if the game isn’t a pleasure to play. If the story is all there is, just make a movie or series, not a video game. Also, I know what constitutes a “great story” to a lot of gamers and the way this is constantly superficially described as mixing “Religion…and Freud…and Jung!” sounds just like Metal or Prog fans giving you the “it’s complex!” spiel. Yeah, it’s not going to be quite what they’re making it out to be.

I’m kinda reluctant to stop because I had similar reservations about Final Fantasy XIII and that turned around for me in a huge way. However, there were things I appreciated about it even when I had my doubts; Xenogears is all red flags at this point.
Old 07-05-2022, 01:02 PM   #174
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2007
Toronto

Sniper Elite 5 on PS5 and Halo Infinite on the XBox-X.
Thanks given by:
Hatter (07-23-2022)
Old 07-06-2022, 11:36 PM   #175
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2020

Bought Shadow of Mordor for 5 dollars on CDKeys. Wanted to play it on my TV, but controller is way too awkward. Will play it with the mouse and keyboard like the first game seven years ago. People told me I was autistic for playing Arkham with a mouse and keyboard. They're crazy. Having to leave the attack buttons/run to use the camera properly is ass. Controllers are so small, so dinky. The buttons so close together in your grasp. At least I can use much higher settings at 2560x1440 (my monitor) than 3840x2160.
Old 07-08-2022, 02:43 PM   #176
Blu-ray Prince

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Gun View Post
Bought Shadow of Mordor for 5 dollars on CDKeys. Wanted to play it on my TV, but controller is way too awkward. Will play it with the mouse and keyboard like the first game seven years ago. People told me I was autistic for playing Arkham with a mouse and keyboard. They're crazy. Having to leave the attack buttons/run to use the camera properly is ass. Controllers are so small, so dinky. The buttons so close together in your grasp. At least I can use much higher settings at 2560x1440 (my monitor) than 3840x2160.
I know ya like to complain but uh, that last part.
Old 07-08-2022, 10:00 PM   #177

Apr 2019
Sacramento, California

I took a break from Assassin's Creed: Revelations to replay Splinter Cell via PS+ Premium...the game definitely hasn't aged very well at all imo.

The movement controls are all tied to the left stick, the character models are distracting, and some of the stealth missions made me wanna throw my controller lol.
Old 07-13-2022, 11:08 PM   #178
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Final Fantasy XIV and Dead by Daylight.
Old 07-14-2022, 10:26 PM   #179
Expert Member

Nov 2014

Keepiní on with Xenogears, getting pretty close to the end of Disc 1 as I understand it (weíre going to take out the second barrier gate with the laser and mirror.) Getting more lively and prettier. Soaring - now thatís the kind of musical moment Iíve been looking for! One of Mitsudaís best for sure.

Thing is, it took over 35 hours to get to this point. Still not having much of a problem getting through battles and without having to do much beyond deathblows. Ether skills seem almost entirely irrelevant up to this point save healing. The whole combo thing seems unnecessary. Iím aware of the Aerods exploit but I canít use it - already passed the point of no return to get the Ether Doubler when I found out about it. Aerods are still mega useful in any case and Iím not having any real trouble anyway.

Getting into a bit of a groove but I feel like this is a super spiffed up early style RPG - it seems like it has more going on with its combat but in reality itís very straightforward. Superfans donít do this game any favors puffing it up so much, really.
Old 07-18-2022, 01:39 PM   #180
Expert Member

Nov 2014

I am officially on the infamous disc 2 of XenogearsÖHoly cow, this game!

Next time I hear a lot of garbage about FFXIII and XV, itíll be, ďGather Ďround youngins and Iíll tell you Ďbout a time 25 years ago when there was a game that was not just truly and absolutely linear but also the most unfinished game you can imagine!Ē

How does this get such a pass?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion