Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Friday the 13th Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99

Army of Darkness 4K (Blu-ray)
$32.99
2 hrs ago
Beast (Blu-ray)
$22.96
2 hrs ago
Scream 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
2 hrs ago
Hammer Films: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$48.60
1 day ago
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$28.53
1 day ago
Magnum, P.I.: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$62.03

Nightmare Alley 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
1 day ago
Ultraman Leo: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$12.98
21 hrs ago
Death on the Nile 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
17 hrs ago
Fall (Blu-ray)
$21.99

Dawson's Creek: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$79.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 08-05-2011, 04:13 AM   #21
Special Member

Feb 2010

I didn't realize that it came out on 7/26, could've used the $5 coupon. Oh well, will pick it up tomorrow.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:37 AM   #22
Banned

May 2010
Send a message via AIM to Ite

This is the one with Seagal and Russell right? Me and my Mom still joke to this day about how we thought it was a Steven Seagal movie and he died right in the start of the movie LOL. I thought he was gonna come back the whole time looking and waiting to see him return. It was really funny, but it also turned out to be a great movie.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:56 AM   #23
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ite View Post
This is the one with Seagal and Russell right?
Old 08-05-2011, 05:21 AM   #24
Expert Member

May 2008
Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanFan View Post
Well at approximately 10:38 when the suicide bomber enters the restaurant the shots where you can see the bomber holding the ?book/bible? in his hand are eliminated.

That's all I have seen so far. I am playing the Blu-ray on my main system and the DVD on my laptop.

I guess I'll be keeping my DVD.
Another slight change spotted. At approximately 1:04:50 when Halle Berry is covering for Kurt Russell in the elevator, when Nagi Hassan says "Just be patient it will all be over very soon." he is no longer shown placing his hand on the book/bible that was in his jacket pocket. Also seconds later the shot of him slightly opening the book/bible and rifling his fingers through it is gone.

I'm also betting that the shot of him praying later in the movie will be gone.

I'll let you know.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:35 AM   #25

Nov 2007
Los Angeles

Since it's edited, I won't be purchasing it. Hopefully it will come out uncut in a different country.
Thanks given by:
Iron Eagle 74 (11-12-2016)
Old 08-05-2011, 05:39 AM   #26
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007
Katy, TX

Quote:
Another slight change spotted. At approximately 1:04:50 when Halle Berry is covering for Kurt Russell in the elevator, when Nagi Hassan says "Just be patient it will all be over very soon." he is no longer shown placing his hand on the book/bible that was in his jacket pocket. Also seconds later the shot of him slightly opening the book/bible and rifling his fingers through it is gone.

I'll let you know.
Wonderful. F'ing political correctness. One of things that I liked about Executive Decision was how realistic the terrorists seemed compared to most Hollywood fare. Even True Lies which also had radical jihadists as the baddies was played mostly for laughs. Cameron better not let them edit a thing out of that flick, BTW!
Thanks given by:
chipgallo (10-28-2018)
Old 08-05-2011, 05:44 AM   #27
Expert Member

May 2008
Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
Since it's edited, I won't be purchasing it. Hopefully it will come out uncut in a different country.
The funny thing about these edits is that they are so slight that no one would have noticed if WB hadn't mentioned it on the back cover under the rating, prompting someone to do a comparison.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:59 AM   #28
Expert Member

May 2008
Pittsburgh

Well this edit is not so slight. The entire shot of Nagi Hassan on his knees praying followed by the shot of the two pilots in the cockpit is gone.

Approximately 1:37:04 to 1:37:11.

It cuts from B.D. Wong's character saying "He's blocked by the seats, there's passengers all around him." to the exterior shot of the F-14s arriving.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:03 AM   #29
Banned

May 2010
Send a message via AIM to Ite

Ok wow this IS too much editing in this case. It's a old movie why the need to censor? Not like the same scenes aren't available on DVD.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:05 AM   #30
Expert Member

May 2008
Pittsburgh

And again moments later the scene is edited differently to hide the fact that Nagi is still on his knees in prayer before answering the phone call from the cockpit alerting him of the F14s arrival.

1:37:18 to 1:37:31

Oh, I forgot to mention that all these times are from the original DVD, they may not match up with the Blu-ray.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:38 AM   #31
Expert Member

May 2008
Pittsburgh

Done. No other changes.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:47 AM   #32
Special Member

Jul 2010
Brisbane, QLD Australia

Quote:
Well this edit is not so slight. The entire shot of Nagi Hassan on his knees praying followed by the shot of the two pilots in the cockpit is gone.

Approximately 1:37:04 to 1:37:11.

It cuts from B.D. Wong's character saying "He's blocked by the seats, there's passengers all around him." to the exterior shot of the F-14s arriving.
That's crazy. What a world we live in.

Let me know when an unedited copy surfaces.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:57 AM   #33
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2009
United States
Default No deal for me

Thanks for the heads up, due to these political edits, I won't be buying this.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:16 AM   #34
Expert Member

Jul 2011
Singapore (via London)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ite View Post
This is the one with Seagal and Russell right? Me and my Mom still joke to this day about how we thought it was a Steven Seagal movie and he died right in the start of the movie LOL. I thought he was gonna come back the whole time looking and waiting to see him return. It was really funny, but it also turned out to be a great movie.
Me too - I thought it was a SS movie when it first came out and I thought he'd make some miraculous reappearance as well!

Also, as was said above, if they've made ridiculous censorship edits to this I'll be sticking with my DVD
Old 08-05-2011, 07:31 AM   #35
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2009
United States

Looks like Warner does have an integrity issue after all. Sure, they are great when restoring their old centerpieces, but I have a lot of their cheap botch jobs and this one might just be the winner for taking the cake. To remove what appears to be scenes on a religious or potential offensive basis. That's awesome! Way to go guys!
Old 08-05-2011, 07:43 AM   #36

Jul 2009
USA Motive & agenda?

I am very angry WB edited this film. I am pissed off. Who made the decision and WHY? Ugh ...I am still buying it. Damn you WB. What a bunch of losers ...and with what motive? I mean think about it, really.

Someone had a lightbulb go off (or on) and there was a phone call, a meeting, and then a real 'executive decision' to cut 'that' material from this film. I want to know why. What other movies have secret editing agendas? No, I not talking ET and the flashlights for guns. Fox and Universal has dozens of terrorist films. Who called who and WHY? Really people, I am mad.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:10 AM   #37

Nov 2007
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOONEYHD View Post
I am very angry WB edited this film. I am pissed off. Who made the decision and WHY? Ugh ...I am still buying it. Damn you WB. What a bunch of losers ...and with what motive? I mean think about it, really.

Someone had a lightbulb go off (or on) and there was a phone call, a meeting, and then a real 'executive decision' to cut 'that' material from this film. I want to know why. What other movies have secret editing agendas? No, I not talking ET and the flashlights for guns. Fox and Universal has dozens of terrorist films. Who called who and WHY? Really people, I am mad.
Why??? That's part of the problem then. If you want the studios to know that it's not cool to edit stuff, don't buy it. $$$ is all they listen to.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #38
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-
-

Quote:

I'll let you know.
I can't be certain, as I have not seen this movie in awhile, but that's probably the Kuran. Such a shame WB has to make these edits, but I suppose that's all part of living in the "post 9/11" world!
Would be nice to hear if the Canadiain or German versions faced these film edits. Thanks for sharing DanFan, (sincerely a Flyers fan )
Old 08-05-2011, 03:15 PM   #39
Expert Member

Apr 2008
-
-

Quote:
And again moments later the scene is edited differently to hide the fact that Nagi is still on his knees in prayer before answering the phone call from the cockpit alerting him of the F14s arrival.

1:37:18 to 1:37:31

Oh, I forgot to mention that all these times are from the original DVD, they may not match up with the Blu-ray.
IMDb and DVDCompare suggest that this edit also appeared on the UK DVD (in addition to the Steven Seagal knife attack in the beginning of the film) and possibly the Australian and German DVD editions in the past also.

And thank you DanFan for the excellent job, and effort, detailing the edits.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:14 PM   #40
Expert Member

May 2008
Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
(sincerely a Flyers fan )
I can't wait until December 29th!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America