Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Mystery Men 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.49
1 day ago
War of the Worlds (Blu-ray)
$8.99
8 hrs ago
The Batman 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The War of the Worlds 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Dressed to Kill 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.49
14 hrs ago
WALL•E 4K (Blu-ray)
$32.45

Star Trek: Picard - Season Two (Blu-ray)
$34.95
5 hrs ago
The Shining 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.99
1 day ago
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Entertainment District Arc (Blu-ray)
$49.99

My Hero Academia: Season Five, Part Two (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Where the Crawdads Sing (Blu-ray)
$22.10
4 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 01-05-2022, 01:23 PM   #1
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2011
Paramount Intersection (1994)

Release date: February 15

Thanks given by:
AmishParadise (01-06-2022), antennahead (01-06-2022), BillieCassin (01-08-2022), donidarko (02-15-2022), George Hargensen (02-09-2022), Guydowood (01-05-2022), Ranger517 (01-07-2022), willo007 (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 11:59 PM   #2

Mar 2009

Never thought we would get this - kind of a guilty pleasure if bit of a sad film - hope it’s region free �� wish paramount would put out the original cut of Sliver ��
Thanks given by:
AmishParadise (01-06-2022), George Hargensen (02-09-2022), GoneJoel (01-06-2022)
Old 01-06-2022, 01:25 AM   #3
Special Member

Apr 2014
Charleston, SC

Love this film, so glad it's finally getting a blu release so I can retire my DVD.
Thanks given by:
AmishParadise (01-06-2022), George Hargensen (02-09-2022)
Old 01-06-2022, 03:04 AM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010

Definitely surprised by this announcement and glad this is finally coming to Blu-ray. Day 1 purchase.
Old 01-06-2022, 08:41 PM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
-

Finally! I almost broke down and bought it digitally a few weeks ago, because I have been on a Sharon Stone binge and really wanted to watch it again. I haven't seen it since the theaters.

What a pleasant surprise.
Thanks given by:
George Hargensen (02-09-2022)
Old 01-06-2022, 09:29 PM   #6
Special Member

Aug 2011

Based on a novel but the French adaptation of it from 1970, Les choses de la vie, is not to be missed if you are into this film.
Thanks given by:
BillieCassin (01-08-2022), George Hargensen (02-09-2022)
Old 01-12-2022, 03:31 AM   #7

Dec 2009
Jakarta, ID

Finally! One of Sharon Stone's movies where I thought she was the epitome of classic Hollywood glamour and elegance.
Thanks given by:
BillieCassin (02-09-2022)
Old 02-15-2022, 04:55 PM   #8
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2007
Mpls, MN

My Blu-Ray arrived today.

It looks like it is a MOD title but the Disc was pressed even though the artwork featured that generic blu-ray disc font on back cover / spine and disc artwork.

See 200 Cigarettes post https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=14

I've never seen Intersection before but sampling a little bit of the film to me transfer is usual dated look. I will let others judge it more.
Old 02-15-2022, 09:25 PM   #9

Mar 2009

Thanks - sounds like they used the same transfer as the Amazon one then so I will cancel mine then thanks 😉
Old 02-18-2022, 10:50 AM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowellPressburger View Post
My Blu-Ray arrived today.

It looks like it is a MOD title but the Disc was pressed even though the artwork featured that generic blu-ray disc font on back cover / spine and disc artwork.

See 200 Cigarettes post https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=14

I've never seen Intersection before but sampling a little bit of the film to me transfer is usual dated look. I will let others judge it more.
Yeah I saw that it had the "blu ray disc logo" just in text on spine and back and thought oh no BD-R. To my surprise it's a pressed disc and I also got Nick Of Time and the spine and back had standard Blu-ray disc logo but on disc it had text "blu ray disc logo". It was also pressed.
Thanks given by:
PowellPressburger (02-18-2022)
Old 02-21-2022, 09:16 PM   #11

Mar 2009

received mine today(tried to cancel as i saw the previous post but amazon couldnt for some reason ) very disappointing transfer with that smeary no grain look , no extras too not that i was expecting anything- i dont see the point in putting a movie out on a disc if the studio cant present a movie in optimum picture quality - whats the point ???
Old 02-22-2022, 08:20 AM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza1975 View Post
received mine today(tried to cancel as i saw the previous post but amazon couldnt for some reason ) very disappointing transfer with that smeary no grain look , no extras too not that i was expecting anything- i dont see the point in putting a movie out on a disc if the studio cant present a movie in optimum picture quality - whats the point ???
Just like Nick Of Time it's still better than the DVD. I didn't expect a 4K remaster or what not. Just happy we got these on BD. So if your asking what's the point? well to look better than the DVD and these releases do.
Thanks given by:
antennahead (03-07-2022), BillieCassin (03-07-2022)
Old 03-07-2022, 01:16 AM   #13
Special Member

Apr 2014
Charleston, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny24 View Post
Just like Nick Of Time it's still better than the DVD. I didn't expect a 4K remaster or what not. Just happy we got these on BD. So if your asking what's the point? well to look better than the DVD and these releases do.
+1 Also, for those of us with larger screens, 75" in my case, it looks way better than the DVD. I watched my copy last night and thought it was very serviceable. Detail in closer shots is decent, and while not as strong in longer shots, it's still ok. I think the sites revew rating of 2.75 is too low personally. YMMV
Thanks given by:
BillieCassin (03-07-2022)
Old 03-07-2022, 02:03 AM   #14
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
-

I agree as well. I got what I expected out of this release. Yes, the transfer is probably old enough to hold a drivers license of its own, but it's one of those good news/bad news things. It's a pretty straight-up transfer probably originally intended for digital cable which they have pretty much just dumped on disc - but the good thing is, it also wasn't tinkered with and DNR to all hell, etc.

It reminds me of the recent Diabolique (Stone's version) disc - except at least in this case, it got it's own single release and has an encode with decent breathing room since it isn't smushed on a disc with 2 other films.

As far as the overall look of the film (color, etc.) - this is pretty much how I remember it looking back on Laserdisc and in theaters. I'm not one of those that pretends to have perfect memory, but again - can just say, it looks like I remember it. Even the softer look of the wider shots - the whole film has always had that sort of dream-like quality to it.

We all want the best quality possible, in a perfect world - but let's face it, this is definitely one of those "I'm just glad to have it in HD" releases. I'm happy to have it. My only real annoyance is that the aspect ratio is 1.78 instead of 1.85.
Thanks given by:
antennahead (03-07-2022)
Old 03-07-2022, 04:31 AM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010

While I like this movie it's also kind of interesting that Paramount chose to release this on Blu-ray and gave Shout Factory a movie like The Ghost And The Darkness which would have sold way better for them than Intersection. I'll take what I can get though I was surprised when they announced this one for a BD and glad we got it.
Old 03-07-2022, 05:03 AM   #16
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2009
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny24 View Post
While I like this movie it's also kind of interesting that Paramount chose to release this on Blu-ray and gave Shout Factory a movie like The Ghost And The Darkness which would have sold way better for them than Intersection. I'll take what I can get though I was surprised when they announced this one for a BD and glad we got it.
Even though Shout Factory is releasing The Ghost and the Darkness on Blu-ray, Paramount will still get a percentage and royalties from the sales. Shout Factory only paid to license the movie for the Bluray release, but Paramount still owns the rights.

Last edited by slimdude; 03-07-2022 at 05:10 AM.
Old 03-07-2022, 07:49 AM   #17
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
Even though Shout Factory is releasing The Ghost and the Darkness on Blu-ray, Paramount will still get a percentage and royalties from the sales. Shout Factory only paid to license the movie for the Bluray release, but Paramount still owns the rights.
Thanks for the heads up yeah I know I didn't literally mean gave. Still they would have been better off doing a release themselves instead of licensing it off to Shout and getting pretty much less in return. If you look at the thread views here Intersection has like 1,000+ while The Ghost And The Darkness thread has like 8,000+ views already. I hope it sells well for Shout. Obviously Intersection has two big names attached to it Sharon Stone and Richard Gere so for Paramount it likely helped getting this one on Blu-ray.

Last edited by danny24; 03-07-2022 at 07:54 AM.
Old 03-07-2022, 11:36 PM   #18
Power Member

Feb 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillieCassin View Post
I agree as well. I got what I expected out of this release. Yes, the transfer is probably old enough to hold a drivers license of its own, but it's one of those good news/bad news things. It's a pretty straight-up transfer probably originally intended for digital cable which they have pretty much just dumped on disc - but the good thing is, it also wasn't tinkered with and DNR to all hell, etc.

It reminds me of the recent Diabolique (Stone's version) disc - except at least in this case, it got it's own single release and has an encode with decent breathing room since it isn't smushed on a disc with 2 other films.

As far as the overall look of the film (color, etc.) - this is pretty much how I remember it looking back on Laserdisc and in theaters. I'm not one of those that pretends to have perfect memory, but again - can just say, it looks like I remember it. Even the softer look of the wider shots - the whole film has always had that sort of dream-like quality to it.

We all want the best quality possible, in a perfect world - but let's face it, this is definitely one of those "I'm just glad to have it in HD" releases. I'm happy to have it. My only real annoyance is that the aspect ratio is 1.78 instead of 1.85.
Is the Sharon Stone 'Diabolique' THAT bad on bluray? I have the DVD but will get the bluray if it is a step up in quality (even if it is from Mill Creek with two other films on the same disc). Thank you.
Old 03-08-2022, 12:15 AM   #19
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKB2017 View Post
Is the Sharon Stone 'Diabolique' THAT bad on bluray? I have the DVD but will get the bluray if it is a step up in quality (even if it is from Mill Creek with two other films on the same disc). Thank you.
I don't regret the purchase. The transfer is dated, like this one, but there actually is some decent detail, particularly in things like Stone's many vintage outfits. The fabrics and detail are there, and it doesn't look like it has been DNR'd at all - same as this one - it's good news/bad news - they didn't digitally screw with it, but on the other hand, they didn't digitally enhance anything, either.

I won't lie - I'd be just as happy with having it as I am with Intersection, but shoving three films on one disc did definitely create some encoding issues. In particular, there were a few times when Sharon was wearing checkered patterns that the encode just couldn't keep up and there definitely were some Lego-block moments.

Again, though - I really like the film (I think it's better now than ever), and it was absolutely worth it, and absolutely better than DVD. It's not unwatchable by any means, it just could be so much better. It's such a nicely shot film that had a decent budget, I would totally double dip if someone did a real modern scan. It would look sensational. Until then, I'm just happy to have it, because it really is a better film than I think it is remembered as.
Thanks given by:
NKB2017 (03-08-2022)
Old 03-08-2022, 11:21 PM   #20
Power Member

Feb 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillieCassin View Post
I don't regret the purchase. The transfer is dated, like this one, but there actually is some decent detail, particularly in things like Stone's many vintage outfits. The fabrics and detail are there, and it doesn't look like it has been DNR'd at all - same as this one - it's good news/bad news - they didn't digitally screw with it, but on the other hand, they didn't digitally enhance anything, either.

I won't lie - I'd be just as happy with having it as I am with Intersection, but shoving three films on one disc did definitely create some encoding issues. In particular, there were a few times when Sharon was wearing checkered patterns that the encode just couldn't keep up and there definitely were some Lego-block moments.

Again, though - I really like the film (I think it's better now than ever), and it was absolutely worth it, and absolutely better than DVD. It's not unwatchable by any means, it just could be so much better. It's such a nicely shot film that had a decent budget, I would totally double dip if someone did a real modern scan. It would look sensational. Until then, I'm just happy to have it, because it really is a better film than I think it is remembered as.
Thank you! I may well invest in the Mill Creek release of 'Diabolique' (1995) then. Thanks again!
Thanks given by:
BillieCassin (03-09-2022)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America