Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$41.24

Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.96
20 hrs ago
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99
2 hrs ago
Godzilla vs. Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99

The Groove Tube (Blu-ray)
$14.99
2 hrs ago
Drive (Blu-ray)
$31.99
10 hrs ago
Dragonheart: 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Saving Silverman (Blu-ray)
$13.29

The Father (Blu-ray)
$21.99

Godzilla vs. Kong (Blu-ray)
$34.99
1 day ago
Infinite Dendrogram: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$65.37
15 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 10-10-2015, 05:38 PM   #1

Dec 2007
Default Batman: The Complete Series check-up

Hey All

Today I finally got the Batman: The Complete Series Blu-Ray. I got the regular edition without the extra stuff and the digital download codes from Amazon at only $80. I heard about all the issues with the collector's edition last year and I was wondering with this version (or printing) that I got if those issues had been resolved. I don't want to have to send in discs to be replaced if those issues have already been solved. Is there a way to look on the packaging to let me know if that's the case? If anyone can help me out with this, that would be great.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:40 PM   #2
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by reginaroadie View Post
Hey All

Today I finally got the Batman: The Complete Series Blu-Ray. I got the regular edition without the extra stuff and the digital download codes from Amazon at only $80. I heard about all the issues with the collector's edition last year and I was wondering with this version (or printing) that I got if those issues had been resolved. I don't want to have to send in discs to be replaced if those issues have already been solved. Is there a way to look on the packaging to let me know if that's the case? If anyone can help me out with this, that would be great.
I think the regular edition should be fine, and I'm sure other members will help, but I thought some of the discs had a .2 on them, the originals had .1. Although I may be thinking of another set!
Old 10-10-2015, 06:34 PM   #3

Dec 2007

I'm not too concerned about the audio. I'm more concerned with whole scenes missing from episodes.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:21 PM   #4
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2011
New York City

Aren't the corrected discs available only through the mail?

I don't know if they reissued the series w/ the corrected scenes.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:25 PM   #5
Power Member

Oct 2012
Wilmington, California

I bought the set a few weeks ago, and no: the missing narration on the pilot is still missing, so I filled out the necessary forms to get the replacement discs.

https://www.shipment-service.com/bat...submit/request
Old 10-10-2015, 07:28 PM   #6
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
I'm not too concerned about the audio. I'm more concerned with whole scenes missing from episodes.
I was referring to the codes on the discs themselves, not the audio. There should be numbers on the outer-rim, but as I said I may be confusing them with other sets.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:34 PM   #7

Nov 2012
Anaheim, CA

I'd go through the process of getting the 2 replacement discs to be safe. You don't have to send anything back. It took a long time for me to get my replacements (I think about a month), but at least I know I have the correct set now.

I don't remember what the website is to redeem your replacements but you can probably do a search on this website, Google or Amazon and find it. It's a quick and easy process.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:36 PM   #8
Expert Member

Apr 2014
Finland

When I read the title I thought that The Animated Series is finally coming on Blu-Ray.
Thanks given by:
dallywhitty (10-20-2015), SirStack (10-11-2015)
Old 10-10-2015, 09:20 PM   #9

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edge View Post
I bought the set a few weeks ago, and no: the missing narration on the pilot is still missing, so I filled out the necessary forms to get the replacement discs.

https://www.shipment-service.com/bat...submit/request
I clicked the link and also filled out the forms. I noticed on the page it said that they'd have the replacement discs ready by mid-Feb of 2015. So I'm wondering if those replacement discs have been incorporated into the more recent printings, which is what I assume I have already. Either way, I wasn't going to be getting to it anytime soon, so I can wait the month or so for the replacement discs to arrive. Or maybe they'll send me an e-mail saying I already have the replaced discs.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:14 PM   #10

Dec 2007

Well, that was fast.

I checked my mailbox this morning and the replacement discs I requested arrived today. I figured it would take up to at least a month, but this is so fast. Mind you, it's long after the set 1st came out, so there must not be much demand at this point.

Anyways, all good now. Just going to pick up the Batman film that was done in between S1 and S2 and then I'll dive in.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:29 PM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2013
Netherlands

Be sure to test out all discs. I got the set a few weeks ago and didn't test every single disc until yesterday. One of the discs isn't working on my main Blu-ray player. Probably has a minuscule scratch caused by the poor packaging.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:48 PM   #12
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Well, that was fast.

I checked my mailbox this morning and the replacement discs I requested arrived today. I figured it would take up to at least a month, but this is so fast. Mind you, it's long after the set 1st came out, so there must not be much demand at this point.

Anyways, all good now. Just going to pick up the Batman film that was done in between S1 and S2 and then I'll dive in.
Are the codes different on the new discs? That way people can tell if they've got the replacements before sending off for them.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:35 PM   #13
Blu-ray Duke

Jan 2011
Somewhere else now.
Send a message via Skype™ to Gold Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus123 View Post
When I read the title I thought that The Animated Series is finally coming on Blu-Ray.
Same here...
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
batman, replacement discs