Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
1 day ago
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
The Final Countdown 4K (Blu-ray)
$47.99
1 day ago
10 Cloverfield Lane 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.96
1 hr ago
G.I. Joe: Retaliation 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$77.97
 
The Phantom of the Opera (Blu-ray)
$13.55
23 hrs ago
Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99
 
Blade 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
Fleabag: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99
 
Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Blu-ray)
$27.99
 
Ultraman Zero Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Region Free Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2018, 08:31 AM   #21
Takeshi666 Takeshi666 is offline
Power Member
 
Takeshi666's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
Suomi Finland Perkele
9
286
26
2
Default

Every time I see this title, I get mad that it's not about the Albert Barille cartoons.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 02:36 PM   #22
TheLaughingMann TheLaughingMann is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
TheLaughingMann's Avatar
 
Jan 2015
Delaware
9
1409
172
17
25
-5
Default

So, most unexpectedly, my set arrived this morning.

Season 7 IS All Regions!!! Therefore, the whole set is region free!

Get the word out, guys .

Only one drawback to this set: It's cardboard holders with partial "lips" for holding disks in, so quite a few disks came in loose.

Last edited by TheLaughingMann; 11-24-2018 at 03:07 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 04:19 PM   #23
tazz013 tazz013 is offline
Senior Member
 
Aug 2014
Portage, WI
5
1044
149
3
-6
Default

Price dropped a little, making it less than $51 right now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 10:41 PM   #24
Project Scoop Project Scoop is online now
Active Member
 
Project Scoop's Avatar
 
Jun 2018
Staly Vegas, UK
1256
134
0
Default

39.99 (35.99 with code CM10) at Zavvi
39.99 (35.99 with code SIGNUP10) at Zoom
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 12:55 AM   #25
nickelmouse nickelmouse is offline
Active Member
 
nickelmouse's Avatar
 
Jan 2018
USA
70
402
20
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaughingMann View Post
So, most unexpectedly, my set arrived this morning.

Season 7 IS All Regions!!! Therefore, the whole set is region free!

Get the word out, guys .

Only one drawback to this set: It's cardboard holders with partial "lips" for holding disks in, so quite a few disks came in loose.
Got mine this morning and yes, quality control was out of control. Disc 2 and Disc 4 were loose IN EVERY SEASON. Sometimes Disc 4 was in the same slot as Disc 5. Definitely a manufacturing issue on these...I had the 1-6 Box Set before this (which I sold) and those sets came in perfect shape with no loose discs so I don't know what happened here. I didn't see any significant scratching as a result, but now I'll have to test all of them ASAP to make sure they are good.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:52 AM   #26
Stereodude Stereodude is online now
Special Member
 
Nov 2015
Region 1
1
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Scoop View Post
39.99 (35.99 with code CM10) at Zavvi
39.99 (35.99 with code SIGNUP10) at Zoom
Zavvi charges me sales tax now so Amazon would be cheaper...

I didn't buy yet because I think the price will drop more in the future.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 05:14 AM   #27
jibucha jibucha is offline
Special Member
 
Feb 2007
45
0
Default

updated (i just ordered)

$60.20 (UK to US)

if this works out well; it's a fantastic purchase

thank you (great information)

Last edited by jibucha; 11-27-2018 at 07:09 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 01:16 PM   #28
TheLaughingMann TheLaughingMann is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
TheLaughingMann's Avatar
 
Jan 2015
Delaware
9
1409
172
17
25
-5
Default

Mine was $56 or so shipped from Amazon.co.uk.

All I can say is, you'll want to go through every season's package and ensure disks are snugly slid back into their holders. It's great for space and a lovely little box, but the inner holders are just cardboard pages with partial disk holders (like "lips").
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 04:56 PM   #29
Project Scoop Project Scoop is online now
Active Member
 
Project Scoop's Avatar
 
Jun 2018
Staly Vegas, UK
1256
134
0
Default

I've just received the boxset today.
I am amazed at how small the set is, the pictures certainly give the impression of it being larger!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 05:51 PM   #30
TheLaughingMann TheLaughingMann is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
TheLaughingMann's Avatar
 
Jan 2015
Delaware
9
1409
172
17
25
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Scoop View Post
I've just received the boxset today.
I am amazed at how small the set is, the pictures certainly give the impression of it being larger!
Did you have some runners in your Season cases? While I love the compact size and having the series, I had expected something bigger with full sized cases. Least the cases are glossy so they are less abrasive.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 05:52 PM   #31
Project Scoop Project Scoop is online now
Active Member
 
Project Scoop's Avatar
 
Jun 2018
Staly Vegas, UK
1256
134
0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaughingMann View Post
Did you have some runners in your Season cases? While I love the compact size and having the series, I had expected something bigger with full sized cases. Least the cases are glossy so they are less abrasive.
Unfortunately there were at least 10 discs rolling about the box.
Very nice looking (albeit small) set but they really haven't thought about the fact it will be posted out to people.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
TheLaughingMann (12-04-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 12:47 PM   #32
TheLaughingMann TheLaughingMann is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
TheLaughingMann's Avatar
 
Jan 2015
Delaware
9
1409
172
17
25
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelmouse View Post
Got mine this morning and yes, quality control was out of control. Disc 2 and Disc 4 were loose IN EVERY SEASON. Sometimes Disc 4 was in the same slot as Disc 5. Definitely a manufacturing issue on these...I had the 1-6 Box Set before this (which I sold) and those sets came in perfect shape with no loose discs so I don't know what happened here. I didn't see any significant scratching as a result, but now I'll have to test all of them ASAP to make sure they are good.
You should be okay. You have more to worry about a disk having failed to be printed properly than of it being scratched in the box.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 03:57 AM   #33
vivafriend5 vivafriend5 is offline
Active Member
 
vivafriend5's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
33
1
-5
Default

Got my set and every disc two and four was loose, along with a disc five. 15/35 discs loose in total. Hurray, I matched an old record of mine for discs loose in a single set.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 02:15 PM   #34
creekdipper creekdipper is offline
Junior Member
 
Dec 2015
-5
Default

^

Same exact experience, but no scratches (whew).
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 03:31 PM   #35
TheLaughingMann TheLaughingMann is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
TheLaughingMann's Avatar
 
Jan 2015
Delaware
9
1409
172
17
25
-5
Default

Yeah, while this is an amazing deal for a show like this, the cheap packaging renders it balanced out. They should have designed the holders a little better to perhaps hold more of the disk in place. Or they should have pursued actual cases and a nice box for the price.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Region Free Deals


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:33 PM.