Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$38.99
1 day ago
The Legend of Hercules 3D (Blu-ray)
$6.96

Wonder Woman 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.58

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

The 3-D Nudie-Cuties Collection 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.71

Taza, Son of Cochise 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Wings of the Hawk 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.82

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology

Old 03-29-2020, 10:25 AM   #1
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England
Default Nishika N8000 35mm 3D Quadra lens camera.

Could any experts tell me what they think of this camera please? I have seen it on sale for £250. Watching the 3D stills on 3D Rarities volume 2 has got me into thinking of doing my own stills.

Cheers in advance.
Thanks given by:
bavanut (03-29-2020)
Old 03-29-2020, 12:04 PM   #2

Jun 2011
Burbank, California

No, absolutely not for £250. £25 pounds might be the very top for that model.

I PM'd you some information, and will post some of the same here tomorrow. It's the wee hours here now, and I'm only awake by happenstance. But I can't have a Forum friend doing something rash in a fit of stereo enthusiasm!
Thanks given by:
pickit60 (04-03-2020), Steedeel (03-29-2020)
Old 03-29-2020, 12:10 PM   #3
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavanut View Post
No, absolutely not for £250. £25 pounds might be the very top for that model.

I PM'd you some information, and will post some of the same here tomorrow. It's the wee hours here now, and I'm only awake by happenstance. But I can't have a Forum friend doing something rash in a fit of stereo enthusiasm!
Iím a total amateur just trying to recreate those viewmaster days from my childhood. Those 35 MM stills on 3D Rarities volume 2 have got me intrigued again my friend.

Thanks for the warning. I think Retro is the way to go. Something that can replicate the images I saw on the disc, although I understand they may be out of my price range.
Thanks given by:
bavanut (03-29-2020)
Old 05-08-2020, 08:51 AM   #4
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2011

I own the Nishika. I originally used it to take actual lenticular images as it was designed for, but of course they stopped offering lenticular developing. I then learned about how it could be used with slide film to make 3D half-35mm slides.

It's been ages since I used it. It did take pretty good images using slides.

The camera itself had a nice heft to it, but mine had an issue where the plate on the back door where you opened it for the film scratched against the film, leaving a scratch all the way across the film. I ended up covering the plate with a layer of cloth which eliminated the scratching.

I remember having a real hard time finding 3D half-frame slide mounts, and that was back in the 90's. I imagine it would be virtually impossible now. It was also quite a lot of work mounting the half-frame slides and getting them aligned just perfect and locking them in place with tape. I still have many of the slides I took, but I would never bother with it again. I do like having the camera though for nostalgia's sake.

No way is it worth anything close to £250 imo, unless you're a collector of old cameras. Even then that seems very high, but I don't follow the price of old cameras.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (05-08-2020)
Old 05-08-2020, 11:01 AM   #5
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3o View Post
I own the Nishika. I originally used it to take actual lenticular images as it was designed for, but of course they stopped offering lenticular developing. I then learned about how it could be used with slide film to make 3D half-35mm slides.

It's been ages since I used it. It did take pretty good images using slides.

The camera itself had a nice heft to it, but mine had an issue where the plate on the back door where you opened it for the film scratched against the film, leaving a scratch all the way across the film. I ended up covering the plate with a layer of cloth which eliminated the scratching.

I remember having a real hard time finding 3D half-frame slide mounts, and that was back in the 90's. I imagine it would be virtually impossible now. It was also quite a lot of work mounting the half-frame slides and getting them aligned just perfect and locking them in place with tape. I still have many of the slides I took, but I would never bother with it again. I do like having the camera though for nostalgia's sake.

No way is it worth anything close to £250 imo, unless you're a collector of old cameras. Even then that seems very high, but I don't follow the price of old cameras.
Thanks, like I say in naive with this stuff. Those 35 MM slides on 3D Rarities 2 really got to me.
Old 05-09-2020, 05:50 AM   #6

Jun 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Thanks, like I say in naive with this stuff. Those 35 MM slides on 3D Rarities 2 really got to me.
If you truly want to get into 3D photography than the Fuji W3 digital 3D camera is the way to go. I owned a number of film 3D cameras in earlier times but when the Fuji came out I thought all my Christmases had come at once.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (05-09-2020)
Old 05-09-2020, 09:13 AM   #7
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by bming View Post
If you truly want to get into 3D photography than the Fuji W3 digital 3D camera is the way to go. I owned a number of film 3D cameras in earlier times but when the Fuji came out I thought all my Christmases had come at once.
Thanks, I will check it out.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology