Best 3D Blu-ray Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$38.99
22 hrs ago
Despicable Me 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.94
 
The Legend of Hercules 3D (Blu-ray)
$6.96
 
Wonder Woman 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.58
 
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99
 
The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99
 
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99
 
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99
 
The 3-D Nudie-Cuties Collection 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.71
 
Taza, Son of Cochise 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.99
 
Wings of the Hawk 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.82
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2015, 07:26 PM   #141
revgen revgen is online now
Power Member
 
revgen's Avatar
 
Oct 2013
Southern California, USA
17
Default

Anaglyph is still useful for 3-D comics and drawings on paper, but for watching films, it belongs in the stone age.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:47 AM   #142
3DLUVER29 3DLUVER29 is offline
Banned
 
Jan 2015
Smile color cartoons film shorts and anaglyph

I just discovered that if a cartoon film short has a color that is in relation to the colors on the anaglyph or color code of the double images and glasses, if it dominating the film it's going to filter the double images out and make it 2d.If it has opposite colors or just a tiny weeny few similar then it will pop out with inaccurate tints or slightly altered color.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 01:12 PM   #143
Smaugone Smaugone is offline
Special Member
 
Sep 2012
1
325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DLUVER29 View Post
I just discovered that if a cartoon film short has a color that is in relation to the colors on the anaglyph or color code of the double images and glasses, if it dominating the film it's going to filter the double images out and make it 2d.If it has opposite colors or just a tiny weeny few similar then it will pop out with inaccurate tints or slightly altered color.
That sounds like the auto 3D function on my tv, certain colors pop out and others won't, makes it hard to watch and screws up any 3D effect.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 01:40 AM   #144
3DLUVER29 3DLUVER29 is offline
Banned
 
Jan 2015
Default Adult companies do .

I have discovered that when the adult company put 3d Blu-ray films out, they include anaglyph alternates.They know not all porn fans have a 3D t.v and a blue ray 3D players.That kind of choice is not put out in family.It's usually 2d alternate only.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:08 AM   #145
8traxrule 8traxrule is offline
Special Member
 
Jul 2009
Default

I have a European import of Shark Night that includes a red/blue version as well. It's just about unwatchable though- they put out a few anaglyph 3D movies on DVD and Blu-Ray before the real home 3D standard was finalized, but I didn't buy ANY of those.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 08:19 PM   #146
as117 as117 is offline
Member
 
Sep 2016
Default Anaglyph glasses

Just got into watching anaglyph 3D and am looking for better glasses than the paper ones. I have read that the red should have diopter added and that the blue should be made to allow a small percentage of red in? Any advice on brands and where to buy?

I saw some from berezin.com. Are these any good?

Thanks.

Last edited by as117; 08-06-2017 at 09:11 PM. Reason: auto correct problem
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:53 PM   #147
T. Warren Scollan T. Warren Scollan is offline
Special Member
 
Mar 2015
Seattle, WA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by as117 View Post
Just got into watching anaglyph 3D and am looking for better glasses than the paper ones. I have read that the red should have diopter added and that the blue should be made to allow a small percentage of red in? Any advice on brands and where to buy?

I saw some from berezin.com. Are these any good?

Thanks.
Remember, there are two different anaglyph formats used for 3D:
[1] Red and Cyan(Blue/Green)
Most common

[2] Magenta(Red/Blue) and Green
Less common, used in anaglyph version of "Journey to the Center of the
Earth"(1993)

Always wondered if Blue and Yellow(Red/Green) would work.

Also, what kind of a diopter?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
as117 (08-07-2017)
Old 08-07-2017, 06:22 PM   #148
as117 as117 is offline
Member
 
Sep 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Warren Scollan View Post
Remember, there are two different anaglyph formats used for 3D:
[1] Red and Cyan(Blue/Green)
Most common

[2] Magenta(Red/Blue) and Green
Less common, used in anaglyph version of "Journey to the Center of the
Earth"(1993)

Always wondered if Blue and Yellow(Red/Green) would work.

Also, what kind of a diopter?
Regarding the diopter, it is my understanding that some glasses have a different magnification in the red lens to compensate for how our eyes see red vs blue light. I dont understand much about this but I have seen people on the internet claim that glasses with this diopter adjustment are better? Maybe someone here can help.

Would you recommend any brands that are better than others?

Thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:37 PM   #149
schiltzamania schiltzamania is offline
Senior Member
 
schiltzamania's Avatar
 
Jun 2016
South Dakota
25
2
1
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by as117 View Post
Regarding the diopter, it is my understanding that some glasses have a different magnification in the red lens to compensate for how our eyes see red vs blue light. I dont understand much about this but I have seen people on the internet claim that glasses with this diopter adjustment are better? Maybe someone here can help.

Would you recommend any brands that are better than others?

Thanks.
I use the NVIDIA branded ones. Only movie I use them for is Friday the 13th Part 3 but better than paper.

https://www.amazon.com/3D-Glasses-Di...dia+3d+glasses
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
as117 (08-07-2017)
Old 08-07-2017, 11:20 PM   #150
as117 as117 is offline
Member
 
Sep 2016
Default

Thanks I will give them a try.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 08:26 PM   #151
mrjafunk mrjafunk is offline
Member
 
mrjafunk's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
267
2225
2253
Default

The one thing I do not like about Anglyph 3D is the color distortion of the movie. I remeber watching Freddy's Dead (i think that was the 3d one) and the color was horrible. Same thing with the anaglyph version of Coraline. The color was so bad I switched to the 2D version.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 11:05 PM   #152
Interdimensional Interdimensional is offline
Power Member
 
Interdimensional's Avatar
 
Nov 2014
Default

Anaglyph is okay for looking at still images and short 3D sequences. I have a few pairs of plastic-framed anaglyph glasses, which are a definite improvement on cardboard, but I don't think there's any difference between the lenses. Even under ideal circumstances, I wouldn't recommend anaglyph for watching anything feature length. Not in this day and age.

I watched The Mask in its originl anaglyph format with the Magic Mystic Mask, and it worked surprisingly well. There's never anything remotely close to perfect cancellation with anaglyph, so it is less successful in shots with wide parallax and high contrast. It helps that the 3D sequences don't overstay their welcome, it's a fun movie.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Mister Showman (01-31-2018), T. Warren Scollan (01-30-2018)
Old 06-06-2020, 12:37 AM   #153
T. Warren Scollan T. Warren Scollan is offline
Special Member
 
Mar 2015
Seattle, WA
Default

I wonder if there is software available (legally) that can convert the other way around? Convert anaglyph to Blu-ray 3D, either normal or SBS? The results might be ghosty but still better than anaglyph?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
robtadrian (06-06-2020)
Old 06-06-2020, 04:15 PM   #154
Paul H Paul H is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Paul H's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Warren Scollan View Post
I wonder if there is software available (legally) that can convert the other way around? Convert anaglyph to Blu-ray 3D, either normal or SBS? The results might be ghosty but still better than anaglyph?
Software was used for converting the 3D Rarities II short "A Day in the Country".
software 2.jpg
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 10:42 AM   #155
TheWildWhelk TheWildWhelk is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
TheWildWhelk's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Elsinore
63
4
Default

I've actually got 2 pairs of 3d g;lasses, one of which is green/magenta, the other pair blue/red. I'm trying to get a pair that are green/red, as i want to watch a 3D video of Jean Michel Jarre that was filmed in 3D from a number of years ago.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 10:44 AM   #156
grazina31 grazina31 is offline
Expert Member
 
grazina31's Avatar
 
Nov 2014
-
-
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
Software was used for converting the 3D Rarities II short "A Day in the Country".
Attachment 241608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Furmanek View Post
All of our 3-D Blu-ray releases are true polarized 3-D. http://www.3dfilmarchive.com

Our only red/blue anaglyphic release was the DVD of THE MASK which is how it played theatrically in 1961.
I’ll begin by thanking you Bob for taking the time to answer my questions, but seeing as you are the 3D expert on campus, you’re the man whose opinion actually matters.
So my question is: these movie that were shown in anaglyph format like A Day in the Country and The Mask theatrically, were they converted to anaglyph, as in the print was in anaglyph, or were they shown like the polarized movies today with a red/blue filter in front of the projector?

Last edited by grazina31; 07-15-2020 at 10:58 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 03:40 PM   #157
Lee A Stewart Lee A Stewart is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Lee A Stewart's Avatar
 
Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Default

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
grazina31 (07-15-2020)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology

Tags
anaglyph, anaglyph's 3d, choices, color cartoon, glasses, third dimension

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:59 PM.