Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero - The Complete First Series (DVD)
$44.99

Land (DVD)
$17.96
1 day ago
The Mauritanian (DVD)
$17.96
1 day ago
The Marksman (DVD)
$17.96
1 day ago
Rugrats: The Complete Series (DVD)
$49.99

Transformers: The Complete Original Series (DVD)
$39.99

The Cosby Show: The Complete Series (DVD)
$25.05
14 hrs ago
Let Him Go (DVD)
$12.96
14 hrs ago
The Father (DVD)
$17.99

Hell on Wheels: The Complete Series (DVD)
$37.67

Pokémon Sun & Moon Ultra Legends: The First Alola League Champion (DVD)
$19.96

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!: The Complete Series (DVD)
$24.96
5 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Old 06-16-2020, 08:49 PM   #161
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK
Default Law & Order: Criminal Intent: The Seventh Season

I'm thinking now, I watched the seventh season of Law & Order: Criminal Intent for the first time when Universal TV showed it. They showed it with the same title sequence, theme tune, end credits and closing logo which the States got. With the seventh season the show moved from NBC to the USA Network.

Channel Five in the UK, when they first showed the seventh season, they changed the title sequence, theme tune (done by someone called Paul Dinletir), end credits (the music over the end credits is the same as the changed theme tune) and closing logo. The closing logo should have been Universal Cable Productions on a blue background (instead it was the NBC Universal logo from the late noughties).

When the show moved to the USA Network, Law & Order: Criminal Intent's theme tune was replaced by the short-lived Law & Order: Trial by Jury's theme tune, a faster-paced theme tune.

Thinking about getting Shout! Factory's release of the seventh season. I know that there is an error on the front cover artwork with what season the seventh season aired during.
Old 06-22-2020, 08:54 PM   #162
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

A suggestion I have for a way to release the remaining five seasons of Marcus Welby, M.D., is for Shout! Factory to release them as part of the Shout Select line, like they did with the last three or four seasons of Simon & Simon.
Old 07-09-2020, 09:52 PM   #163
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Does anyone here have the drama series Sisters, which Shout released all of the seasons of a few years ago, and if so, what are the transfers like and do they have original logos at the end of the episodes?
Old 07-10-2020, 09:42 PM   #164
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2013
Syracuse, NY

I was thinking it would be nice if Shout released a Collector's Edition of Christmas with the Kranks in December. Something different for them and Sony can't be bothered to release it.
Thanks given by:
Kap6289 (07-10-2020)
Old 07-18-2020, 05:40 AM   #165
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
USA

Could be ideal.

Since we're talking about DVDs here, something I like for them to put out, because they have a deal with ITV, is the British puppet series Spitting Image which never saw a US DVD release and I get why; it's obscure here but it does have it's fans including yours truly and it did get a few US primetime specials (which were critically acclaimed).

All 18 seasons, the specials, and extras would be great especially with the new series coming soon to BritBox (not sure if it's just for the UK version or if the US version of the service will have it too). Second best scenario, Acorn Media releases it through *their* deal with ITV.

Also a great idea for a DVD/Blu-ray release; both seasons of Happy!
Thanks given by:
jmb1381 (07-18-2020)
Old 04-14-2021, 11:22 PM   #166
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Started watching recently, Shout! Factory's complete series DVD release of T.J. Hooker. Finished watching the very short first season a couple of nights ago, and started watching the second season last night. Noticed something about the season two premiere though which was odd.

Actress April Clough was only in the short first season. Heather Locklear debuted in the season two premiere "Second Chance". However, the title sequence was the one used in the first season. No sign of Heather Locklear in the title sequence. She wasn't credited in the end credits either. So either she was uncredited in the opening episode of the season, or Shout were given the wrong version of this episode.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies