Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$38.99

The Legend of Hercules 3D (Blu-ray)
$6.96

Wonder Woman 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.58

Despicable Me 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.84

The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

The 3-D Nudie-Cuties Collection 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.71

Taza, Son of Cochise 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Wings of the Hawk 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.82

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology

Old 12-14-2019, 03:29 AM   #261
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guystudios View Post
Sounds like a problem loading the menus are caused by the player you are using, perhaps this is due to the mod.
Hi guy,

That was my thinking too. Well, as long as reloading the disc eliminates the problem will consider it just an occasional glitch.
Old 11-27-2020, 01:53 PM   #262

Dec 2013
-
-
-
Default Disc stuck in Sony NSZ-GT1 3D Blu-ray player, burn-in in Panasonic VT-50|55

Issue 1: My Sony NSZ-GT1 3D Blu-ray player has a disc stuck in it—repeated thwacking noises for several seconds when I press eject or turn it on. It was set up to have to go on to watch TV.

I haven't had any other problems with it, though last time I played a 3D disc I wondered if the 3D was really working, but that's probably the film or the glasses? They're Panasonic Viera ACTIVE/RF TY-ER3D4MU.

One of the things I loved about the Sony NSZ-GT1 was it was high-gloss white, it goes with the aesthetic in that room. I was hoping if I had to get a new player I could find one that was, if not white, then at least silver, but I'm finding few options for 3D players. I intend to maintain a 3D system. I've built quite a collection, about 70 3D titles; I've really only watched a handful but I've been looking forward to the others.

Any feedback from users here about what 3D Blu-ray players and 3D glasses you recommend?

(Obviously picture quality and unit quality/reliability are paramount, but hell, we're talking about movies which are visually aesthetic, I don't see why every unit has to be a black rectangle, these aren't Model Ts.)

Issue 2: the set, a Panasonic VT-50|55, has some burn-in from news logos/tickers/chyrons. I've tried leaving it on movie channels while I do other things, and watching news on a different set, but that's inconvenient, heats up the room, and not that effective at reducing the burn-in. I don't notice it for most of a film, but shots here and there call attention to it. I read once there's a way to blast it with a super-white image to kind of burn out the burn-in, but are there drawbacks? Has anybody done that with this set and how has that turned out, any degradation in picture quality afterward?

Thanks for taking the time to read and answer whatever part you have experience/opinions on, any input that helps me make a decision what to look for throughout the holiday sales period is much appreciated. I'd like to keep the TV which is mounted with in-wall wiring but I'm leaning toward replacing the player and getting a second pair of glasses.

Best wishes for a peaceful Thanksgiving and a healthy, happy Christmas, holiday season and bright New Year to come.

Last edited by J___T; 11-28-2020 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Added estimated number of 3D titles in my collection; edited down for length/concision
Old 01-09-2021, 01:31 AM   #263
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
NYC

I really need help with My LG OLED TV. For 2 years I have been unable to play 3D movies because they look like crap. I have no idea why. I have a SONY player that plays 3D and wear the glasses that came with the TV but there is no 3d image when I hit 3D on my remote, just multiple images.

The fact that I can't get anything even approaching a 3D image is frustrating beyond belief.

If anyone can help or have any idea why this happening it would really help.
Old 01-09-2021, 01:59 PM   #264
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymole View Post
I really need help with My LG OLED TV. For 2 years I have been unable to play 3D movies because they look like crap. I have no idea why. I have a SONY player that plays 3D and wear the glasses that came with the TV but there is no 3d image when I hit 3D on my remote, just multiple images.

The fact that I can't get anything even approaching a 3D image is frustrating beyond belief.

I don't have a Sony 3D capable player, but I do have a 3D LG OLED. You should not have to "hit 3D on the remote" to play Blu-ray 3D discs. It should be automatically activated. The 3D button is normally for 2D>3D auto conversion choices and/or 3D side-by-side or 3D over-under encodes on 2D Blu-ray discs, not Blu-ray 3D discs. Try going into the Sony players Setup Menu and look for "3D Setting". Make sure the feature is turned-on and there could be other 3D output sub-menu settings that become available like 3D output auto or forced, 3D depth and sometimes 3D TV Size.
Hope this helps.

On the 3D LG make sure to check the display "settings" that 3D Mode is ON and verify the submenu Manual or Auto is chosen.

Last edited by Paul H; 01-09-2021 at 02:04 PM.
Thanks given by:
Jaymole (01-09-2021)
Old 01-09-2021, 03:23 PM   #265
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
I don't have a Sony 3D capable player, but I do have a 3D LG OLED. You should not have to "hit 3D on the remote" to play Blu-ray 3D discs. It should be automatically activated. The 3D button is normally for 2D>3D auto conversion choices and/or 3D side-by-side or 3D over-under encodes on 2D Blu-ray discs, not Blu-ray 3D discs. Try going into the Sony players Setup Menu and look for "3D Setting". Make sure the feature is turned-on and there could be other 3D output sub-menu settings that become available like 3D output auto or forced, 3D depth and sometimes 3D TV Size.
Hope this helps.

On the 3D LG make sure to check the display "settings" that 3D Mode is ON and verify the submenu Manual or Auto is chosen.
Thanks for the help, it is appreciated...I will check everything again but I am sure I checked everything there possibly could be on both the TV & player. Perhaps the problem is with my player and not the TV. Just so frustrating that I cant watch 3D
Old 01-11-2021, 02:02 PM   #266

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymole View Post

The fact you you say you see multiple images sounds like the Glasses are not syncing up.
Old 01-11-2021, 02:46 PM   #267
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIROK View Post
The fact you you say you see multiple images sounds like the Glasses are not syncing up.
No active 3D glasses sync-problems with a 'passive' LG OLED 3D display.
Old 01-11-2021, 04:09 PM   #268
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIROK View Post
Thanks but I have no idea why or how that could happen.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology

Tags
blu-ray 3d, blu-ray players, panasonic viera, screen burn-in, sony 3d player